Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The origins of the horrible Don James rumor spreading online

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
"Kim (Grinolds) said the word on the sideline is that Don James has passed, but we haven't been able to confirm it."

- Chris Fetters in Dawgman.com chat 10/19/13

Speaking for myself, I received a text from a booster, plus I figured that kind of thing would not be mentioned by Fetters/Grinolds unless it WAS confirmed. And I foolishly assumed it to be true, and made some sorrow-filled comments on this message board and called a former player I am friends with to let him know.

Shame on Dawgman for spreading rumors again, and shame on me for not confirming it and being reactionary.

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    edited October 2013
    Kim's a good guy.

Seriously though that's a shitty thing to do.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    They were just passing on what they heard. How about the times when they are right?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Is it rumor or fact? It's unclear.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,601 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kim is still going with it saying "the cancer won."
  • You don't just float out shit like a legendary coach has died unless you fucking know 100%.

I haven't seen one media outlet report this yet. Just a terrible way to sling the James family through this bullshit.
    Dollars to doughnuts he takes credit for reporting it first if it's tru.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Piss poor - amateur hour

To mention it in the fashion they did warrants a massive fucking beat-down, regardless if it's true
  • Piss poor - amateur hour

To mention it in the fashion they did warrants a massive fucking beat-down, regardless if it's true

Agree. Just pitiful job by Kim there. I don't see how anyone can still support this clown. James deserved way better.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    I left a message for coach James earlier this week and didn't hear back from him, which is very rare for him. Beyond that, I don't know anything other than the text I received and what Fetters said in chat.
  • If this is a ploy to distract the posters from UW's performance, and it's determined that the rumors are false, Kim and Fatters need to be FIRED!!!!

I would hope that even Kim wouldn't stoop that low, but I can't be sure. Kim and Fetters needed to be fired long ago. This one will piss off the University, former players and coaches, members of the media, and most importantly, Don James' family. It will be tough for doogman to live this one down. There's a reason there has not been a report that Don James has died. Either his family does not want to release the news yet, or he is still alive. Kim and Fetters are pieces of shit for releasing the info the way they did.

This is why either way they are fucking wrong. You let his family announce it. Personally more so than ever I hope James is alive.

Could be a good night. We saw the end of Sark, could be the end of Baird after his tantrum and could be the end of Doogman.

Like you said several people will be pissed off at Kim and his "sources". We have all the screenshots that we need.
    Side note, if people were smart, they would send E-Mails en masse about Baird and his tirade on air. You can disagree all you'd like and even say the caller doesn't know what he's talking about, but his tone was unprofessional and childish. I wouldn't want him running one of the most popular weekly segments on my station
  • MelloDawg said:

Side note, if people were smart, they would send E-Mails en masse about Baird and his tirade on air. You can disagree all you'd like and even say the caller doesn't know what he's talking about, but his tone was unprofessional and childish. I wouldn't want him running one of the most popular weekly segments on my station

This has legs. Even though Chest upset Softy and Millen they had to defend him as they knew that was a nightmare. With Baird calling out the fans and his tone was very terrible.

His one air tantrum was embarrassing and if I was running KJR I would let him know that was his last show.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

Kim Grinolds is the biggest (for a little person) piece of shit associated with UW Football. This guy is a fucking disgrace. "The cancer won." Shut the fuck up you narcissistic midget piece of shit.

Did he actually type "The cancer won"? I'm a Duck fan, and I'm offended by that. If he posted that, the only cancer would be the fact that this sausage finger little prick still has this job Monday.