Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Christopher Brown Jr., 2018 4* RB, Oceanside (El Camino), CA (OFFERED 5/26/17)

Top RB on the west coast this year per scout. Probably means no Tre'shaun Harrison is my guess.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2017
    Shit. Strike out on 2 for 1
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Harrison ... don't want him at RB anyway ...

We've been sending a lot of offers out the last few days ...

Are we moving onto a lot of our 2nd or 3rd tier guys?

We know we generally don't offer guys until they show some level of interest back in us ...

Is it possible that the door is opening for us on some players that we may not have been targeting initially because the interest was stronger elsewhere and as time has passed the interest in UW increases?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You might ... I don't ...

Harrison is a future AA and 10-12 year NFL pro if he embraces being a safety ... it's better for his long-term career as well as earning potential.

Lots of guys want to be RBs because there's more "glory" tied to it ... you don't make shit for money and nobody values you because you are a fucking commodity unless you are truly special ... which he's good but I wouldn't say special in the Salvon Ahmed type of special.

So, if a kid isn't smart enough to realize what the best choice is for him long-term and where he'll prosper at the UW and instead would get sucked off by being a JAG for a shitty Oregon program under Willie T ... then what the fuck ever.

As we continue to grow as a program, we'll have way more kids wanting to come to UW than we can take ... what will be vital is that we get the kids that are pulling in the right direction and really embrace the principles of what it takes to be successful in the program and going forward. If you go back and look at the end of Petey's tenure at USC, you could see that the culture was shifting as kids started going to SC from all over and had the air of entitlement to them ... which was a far different feeling to those teams earlier in his tenure that were winning national championships ... they had the air of entitlement to them as well but also understood the importance of hard work.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We haven't really offered that many 2018 kids, it's been mostly 2019 kids the past few days.

I just think it's he winding down process of the evaluation period is all. And yeah we do want Harrison at RB you dingus!!!!1!

Yeah the only 2018 guys we've really been offering lately, outside of Tremblay, have been players ranked pretty high in the west in Brown, Wade, and Griffin. So it definitely doesn't seem like we're moving on that much. We're good enough where we might be able to swing a highly recruited guy offering him this late in case we miss out on someone else maybe?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    For supposedly the best RB on the west coast his offer list isn't that impressive, no SC or any national schools. Seems like with a weak West Coast RB year teams would be going after him more aggressively.

Also someone just CB'd him to us, so that's interesting
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    He's solid relative to this class, but I hope we don't force 2 RBs this year given how weak it is out west. Just take one of these "okay" guys, and then get Austin Jones and someone else for 2019.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2017

He's solid relative to this class, but I hope we don't force 2 RBs this year given how weak it is out west. Just take one of these "okay" guys, and then get Austin Jones and someone else for 2019.

If Pleasant is good, that works. Ahmed, McGrew, and Pleasant doesn't make me feel that great though.

Maybe if Joyner doesn't get a lot of playing time at DB this year, he could be convinced to play RB. Than again, he can't stay healthy.

I don't want "okay" guys either, but the depth isn't that good if Gaskin goes pro.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If Pleasant is good, that works. Ahmed, McGrew, and Pleasant doesn't make me feel that great though.

Maybe if Joyner doesn't get a lot of playing time at DB this year, he could be convinced to play RB. Than again, he can't stay healthy.

I don't want "okay" guys either, but the depth isn't that good if Gaskin goes pro.
    You can always move Dotson back if you get desperate, or move Trey Lowe like the TSIO guys think they're going to anyway.

I think one true RB plus Lowe is plenty this year.
  • Options
    Chinteresting disparity on this kid. Scout has him as the top RB in the west and a top 200 kid nationally.

Nobody else even has him as a 4 star.

So not exactly the consensus top RB in the west. Wonder what Scout sees that nobody else does.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Chinteresting disparity on this kid. Scout has him as the top RB in the west and a top 200 kid nationally.

Nobody else even has him as a 4 star.

So not exactly the consensus top RB in the west. Wonder what Scout sees that nobody else does.

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan, he's good, but he's not near Ahmed or McGrew level of guys.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think this is less of a "Tre'Shaun He Gone" offer than an offer made because we? have recruiting momentum. Kids like Camren McDonald saying out of the blue that UW is on top is an example of this. The staff is making the offers they couldn't 2 years ago.
  • Options

I think this is less of a "Tre'Shaun He Gone" offer than an offer made because we? have recruiting momentum. Kids like Camren McDonald saying out of the blue that UW is on top is an example of this. The staff is making the offers they couldn't 2 years ago.

He's not that special though.

I think it's neither. It's "we're not sold on Newton so we need someone else" or "we need to put pressure on Newton to commit before his recruiting blows up so we offered this more highly rated kid."
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Mincy Jr Mincy Jr Mincy Jr ...

• Options

Mincy Jr Mincy Jr Mincy Jr ...

Jones is probably higher on our? bored.

I want both.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Why does anyone want CMJr?

I mean, outside of him being CM's son (and I love CM and I'm sure his son is a good kid, etc), but he's not that good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Why does anyone want CMJr?

I mean, outside of him being CM's son (and I love CM and I'm sure his son is a good kid, etc), but he's not that good.

I haven't watched his film, but basing your whole opinion on his sophomore film is jumping the gun. Some of these kids barely even have pubes their sophomore year. Other kids have full beards and won't improve one iota from their sophomore year.

Is he really not that good? He has impressive offers already.

You think Tryon was good as a sophomore? Jaxon Kirkland wasn't even a starter. Your boy Sirmon was legitimately bad his sophomore year. I know it's different positions, but let's see where he's at after a couple games his junior year.
    if he does not start as a freshman he must sux