Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Republican on Trump's budget

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

2001400ex said:

Should have assumed 4.5% a year like Obama?

Link?
    Sorry...4.5% was on the low end. He assumed GDP growths as high as 6% in his budgets.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/03/by-its-own-criteria-the-obama-administration-is-an-economic-failure.php

I remember all your threads you started calling him crazy for it...
    Most blogs are full of shit, and I noticed that blog didn't link to the actual budget assumptions, so I decided to take a look myself.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BUDGET-2010-SUMMARY/pdf/BUDGET-2010-SUMMARY.pdf

Go to Page 30.

Where is he getting 6%?
    You (along with the Powerline guy) confusing nominal and real GDP rates? Nominal get even higher with all that inflation...

As I originally posted Obama conveniently assumed ~4.5% (err...4.6% according to your table) real GDP growth rates regularly in his budgets and the HondoFSs of the world didn't scream and there is literally zero mention of it in any of the media's description of his budgets. Trump proposes a 3% real GDP growth that doesn't even occur for several years and the same people scream bloody murder.

Makes sense...
    I'm not confusing it, almost everyone that reports on growth rates uses real, unless you are trying to obfuscate a point.

The reason no one objected to Obama's assumptions is that they were directly in line with the CBO projections. Trump's are 50% higher.
    More proof the CBO is as useless as Ty on the sidelines
    Agree. They're too optimistic for a democrat president.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    edited May 2017

2001400ex said:

Link?
    Sorry...4.5% was on the low end. He assumed GDP growths as high as 6% in his budgets.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/03/by-its-own-criteria-the-obama-administration-is-an-economic-failure.php

Most blogs are full of shit, and I noticed that blog didn't link to the actual budget assumptions, so I decided to take a look myself.

Go to Page 30.

Where is he getting 6%?
    You (along with the Powerline guy) confusing nominal and real GDP rates? Nominal get even higher with all that inflation...

As I originally posted Obama conveniently assumed ~4.5% (err...4.6% according to your table) real GDP growth rates regularly in his budgets and the HondoFSs of the world didn't scream and there is literally zero mention of it in any of the media's description of his budgets. Trump proposes a 3% real GDP growth that doesn't even occur for several years and the same people scream bloody murder.

Makes sense...
    I'm not confusing it, almost everyone that reports on growth rates uses real, unless you are trying to obfuscate a point.

The reason no one objected to Obama's assumptions is that they were directly in line with the CBO projections. Trump's are 50% higher.
    We are due for a recession, didn't matter if Trump or Hillary would have won. That's why the projections are too high. You've lived through them all, you should know that.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

2001400ex said:

Link?

Go to Page 30.

Where is he getting 6%?

Makes sense...

We are due for a recession, didn't matter if Trump or Hillary would have won. That's why the projections are too high. You've lived through them all, you should know that.
    We've basically been in a recession for the last 10 years. Obama set the standard for failure on growth for a two term president. Interest rates are at 0-1% because the house of cards collapse if they go up.

I have been there.

So the CBO that over rated Obama for 8 years is to be believed now when they shit on Trump.

Trump's policies and deregulation and starving of women and children should pay off
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    edited May 2017

2001400ex said:

Link?

Go to Page 30.

Where is he getting 6%?

Makes sense...

We've basically been in a recession for the last 10 years. Obama set the standard for failure on growth for a two term president. Interest rates are at 0-1% because the house of cards collapse if they go up.

I have been there.

So the CBO that over rated Obama for 8 years is to be believed now when they shit on Trump.

Trump's policies and deregulation and starving of women and children should pay off
    They are far from prefect, but I'll take their opinion over the opinion of a guy trying to justify massive tax cuts and increased spending. That's the only reason why Trump is calling for growth 50% higher than the CBO.

Btw, if were bashing the CBO, I'm out.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    I still have no clue what the cbo is and I'm okay with that.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

2001400ex said:

Link?

Go to Page 30.

Where is he getting 6%?

Makes sense...

I have been there.

You sound poor
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858

2001400ex said:

Link?

Go to Page 30.

Where is he getting 6%?

Makes sense...

I have been there.

You sound old as fuck

2001400ex said:

Link?

Go to Page 30.

Where is he getting 6%?

Makes sense...

I have been there.

You sound poor
    You sound stupid
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    TRUMP is absolutely getting shredded in this thread.

But NMTE.....

Helps Trump IMO.