Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why do some Libs have their heads so far up their asses?

124»

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    edited May 2017
    AZDuck said:

I don't agree with the GOP's stance on social issues, healthcare, and especially not their affiliation with the religious right/intersection of religion and politics. That being said, I can get on board with a dude being bodyslammed by a candidate. Thats just good shit and people need to fucking relax and see the humor in it.

I don't hate Trump because he's (now) a Republican. I hated him when he was a Democrat and I still hate him because he's just generally a fucking idiot and unworthy of the post. But yeah, the reflexive outrage is becoming the dominant narrative and look of popular liberalism, which sucks.

Can I think it's funny and also think that the guy who did it is a fucking thug with no business running for dogcatcher?
    Sure. I wouldn't vote for him, but it's not some journalists' rights apocalypse. I wouldn't vote for him because of his batshit biblical retirement statement, not because he body slammed some British dude with a mic in his face. This country was founded on body slamming the British.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

As a self-described liberal, I'm rather ashamed by many "liberals" these days. A lot of the points Race and others have mentioned are far more accurate than they should be. When I call them out, they accuse me of not being a real liberal.

It's like real liberals have been quietly killed off and replaced by a bunch of fucking soccer moms when it comes to liberals online. "Snowflake" and "Libtard" aren't entirely misnomers, unfortunately. My own mother once poasted that all lives matter on facebook, not trying to detract from the BLM movement, and some triggered (and white) BLM lady came along and poasted "HOW DARE YOU, YOU PRIVILEGED FUCK" etc. I can understand how those who spend a lot of time on the internet think that alt-left is an actual thing. There are people out there who are that dumb.

Listen, I don't hate at all the idea behind Black Lives Matter- that excessive police violence is used unnecessarily against black men. It's not wrong to think that they are treated unfairly, or to protest against bullshit decisions about that treatment that are clearly biased. But when you see random people get triggered because some 45 year old mom that you don't even know posted ON THE INTERNET that all lives should be treated equally, that's when you know that shit has gone too far.

Far too many liberals, in my view, are partisan assholes. For example, look on Trump's twitter. Some of the responses are legitimate- but then way too many liberals resort to ad hominem rather than actually making very winnable arguments. For example, when some dude pointed out that Trump was being hypocritical by ripping Michelle Obama for not wearing a headscarf in Saudi Arabia, then Melania did the same, he called some other guy an asshat because the other guy suggested that it was possible that Trump's opinions might have changed. Why not just point out something about how that isn't consistent, rather than attacking the other person?

Liberals have become way too partisan. We love to rip the GOP for being very partisan (and they are: @MitchMcConnell), but it seems to me that liberals are just as partisan. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are biased pieces of shit, and far too few liberals recognize that. Obama was a decent economic president in my opinion (good job rebuilding the economy with job growth, but far too much debt and far too many of those jobs weren't high or medium quality incomes), and lots of liberals treat him like he is God. Don't even get me started on international relations- that shit has become so ridiculously partisan that you can't even have a rational discussion.

Tl;DR Way too many liberals are pieces of shit and I am ashamed of them.

People forget that I am an OG liberal because of the way I post. I'm impressed with your post. People will take it better coming from you
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    I stand by the GOP on hardly anything.
    I just generally hate SJWs and PC culture.

As a self-described liberal, I'm rather ashamed by many "liberals" these days. A lot of the points Race and others have mentioned are far more accurate than they should be. When I call them out, they accuse me of not being a real liberal.

It's like real liberals have been quietly killed off and replaced by a bunch of fucking soccer moms when it comes to liberals online. "Snowflake" and "Libtard" aren't entirely misnomers, unfortunately. My own mother once poasted that all lives matter on facebook, not trying to detract from the BLM movement, and some triggered (and white) BLM lady came along and poasted "HOW DARE YOU, YOU PRIVILEGED FUCK" etc. I can understand how those who spend a lot of time on the internet think that alt-left is an actual thing. There are people out there who are that dumb.

Listen, I don't hate at all the idea behind Black Lives Matter- that excessive police violence is used unnecessarily against black men. It's not wrong to think that they are treated unfairly, or to protest against bullshit decisions about that treatment that are clearly biased. But when you see random people get triggered because some 45 year old mom that you don't even know posted ON THE INTERNET that all lives should be treated equally, that's when you know that shit has gone too far.

Far too many liberals, in my view, are partisan assholes. For example, look on Trump's twitter. Some of the responses are legitimate- but then way too many liberals resort to ad hominem rather than actually making very winnable arguments. For example, when some dude pointed out that Trump was being hypocritical by ripping Michelle Obama for not wearing a headscarf in Saudi Arabia, then Melania did the same, he called some other guy an asshat because the other guy suggested that it was possible that Trump's opinions might have changed. Why not just point out something about how that isn't consistent, rather than attacking the other person?

Liberals have become way too partisan. We love to rip the GOP for being very partisan (and they are: @MitchMcConnell), but it seems to me that liberals are just as partisan. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are biased pieces of shit, and far too few liberals recognize that. Obama was a decent economic president in my opinion (good job rebuilding the economy with job growth, but far too much debt and far too many of those jobs weren't high or medium quality incomes), and lots of liberals treat him like he is God. Don't even get me started on international relations- that shit has become so ridiculously partisan that you can't even have a rational discussion.

Tl;DR Way too many liberals are pieces of shit and I am ashamed of them.

People forget that I am an OG liberal because of the way I post. I'm impressed with your post. People will take it better coming from you

understatement of the year
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I hate everyone.

It's simpler.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

The GOP has bible thumpers and evangelicals. It's a coin flip for who I hate more between SJWs and the religious right.
    RedRocket said:

The GOP has bible thumpers and evangelicals. It's a coin flip for who I hate more between SJWs and the religious right.
    I don't hear as much from the Bible thumpers.
    They generally hide out and stay away from us heathens.

SJWs are all up in everyone's face right now and it's glorious to watch Trump make them cry
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    Thankfully there is a large middle ground.

I think I hate the SJW's more. The bible thumpers tend to congregate in their places of worship. The SJW's tend to congregate (protest) in the streets and at institutions of "higher learning".

So far this year, we've seen attempts to limit free speech at Berkeley, Middlebury, and most recently, Evergreen State College:

How did civilization go from John Milton's quote of "Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties" to "ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR WHITE PRIVILEGE YOU HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING!!!`1111!!!!!"

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/25/evergreen-state-students-demand-professor-resign-f/
    RedRocket said:

HFNY said:

Thankfully there is a large middle ground.

I think I hate the SJW's more. The bible thumpers tend to congregate in their places of worship. The SJW's tend to congregate (protest) in the streets and at institutions of "higher learning".

So far this year, we've seen attempts to limit free speech at Berkeley, Middlebury, and most recently, Evergreen State College:

How did civilization go from John Milton's quote of "Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties" to "ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR WHITE PRIVILEGE YOU HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING!!!`1111!!!!!"

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/25/evergreen-state-students-demand-professor-resign-f/

RedRocket said:

I'm not sure I agree with your viewpoint.
    AZDuck said:

Actually I'm all for that. They all love killing each other off. No need to waste our time doing it for them.

Of course then liberals would scream that were evil for not helping out the poor helpless people.

Impossible to win.

disagree. I think most libs would be okay with us? getting out.
    You think that if Trump completely pulled out every single leftist shitbag wouldn't be crying about it?!

Cmon man. You know better.