Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What a nice change of pace it is

Comments

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Yep, absolutely. I think the "loser" label is really going to shake things up in the Moozlum world. ISIS, I'm sure, is really second-guessing their mission in the wake of that speech.

Loser
    *thud*
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,017 Founders Club

Loser is about the strongest insult Trump has. He's a quarter brain in that regard

Fixed. You give him too much credit.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,988

Yep, absolutely. I think the "loser" label is really going to shake things up in the Moozlum world. ISIS, I'm sure, is really second-guessing their mission in the wake of that speech.

Loser
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

Loser
    *thud*
    Loser
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Who is the biglyist funder of radical islamic terrorism?

Iran?

Saudi Arabia?

Staff?

Loser
    *thud*
    Loser
    *thud*
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

Dude61 said:

The Politics of Islam has far more in common with the Progressive Left than you realize. It is why they are so sympathetic to each other.

No they have nothing in common politically. The issue with the progressive left vis-a-vis Islamic culture is their apologist attitude towards it. Either stand up for western liberal values or don't; don't given them a pass for the sake of diversity or post colonial guilt bullshit.
    That's one issue, I totally agree. However, progressivism is not rooted in classical western liberalism, and it's fair to say that progressive attitudes towards strong centralized government are akin to those Islam harbors towards strong theocracies. Both believe the masses need "help" in making decisions on their own and share a belief in control of the masses by a few in power. I agree with you, this is not why they're sympathetic to one another, but it's true nonetheless.
    I am sure you and I would find plenty of areas of agreement in criticizing the progressive left and overreach by the federal government, but I would argue that there's nothing necessary incompatible between strong central government and classical western liberal principles. How many times in the history of the Republic did the federal government have to defend life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from tyrannies of the majority at the state and local level? Hell, our own Constitution came about as a result of to weak of a centralized government.
    Classical western liberal principles are based on limited government, with a recognition that some is necessary for the very purposes you mention. Progressives go far beyond the limited government model of classical liberalism and in fact have a disdain for the constitution as it limits what they can do.

Dude61 said:

The Politics of Islam has far more in common with the Progressive Left than you realize. It is why they are so sympathetic to each other.

No they have nothing in common politically. The issue with the progressive left vis-a-vis Islamic culture is their apologist attitude towards it. Either stand up for western liberal values or don't; don't given them a pass for the sake of diversity or post colonial guilt bullshit.
    That's one issue, I totally agree. However, progressivism is not rooted in classical western liberalism, and it's fair to say that progressive attitudes towards strong centralized government are akin to those Islam harbors towards strong theocracies. Both believe the masses need "help" in making decisions on their own and share a belief in control of the masses by a few in power. I agree with you, this is not why they're sympathetic to one another, but it's true nonetheless.
    I am sure you and I would find plenty of areas of agreement in criticizing the progressive left and overreach by the federal government, but I would argue that there's nothing necessary incompatible between strong central government and classical western liberal principles. How many times in the history of the Republic did the federal government have to defend life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from tyrannies of the majority at the state and local level? Hell, our own Constitution came about as a result of to weak of a centralized government.
    Classical western liberal principles are based on limited government, with a recognition that some is necessary for the very purposes you mention. Progressives go far beyond the limited government model of classical liberalism and in fact have a disdain for the constitution as it limits what they can do.

Dude61 said:

Progressive thought by the current leader of the pack:

" ......."Obama in his interview disparages the Constitution as merely "a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf." .....................

But Obama, like many leftists before him, is unhappy with the constraints of our Constitution. He wants to turn voluntary responsibilities and moral obligations that citizens choose to undertake into so-called affirmative rights. That idea is sugarcoated as "what the government must do on your behalf." But that sort of thinking—that government should do it—is precisely what saps volunteerism and helps explain why both the Obamas' and the Bidens' charitable contributions are so pitiful.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2008/11/03/barack-obamas-poor-understanding-of-the-constitution
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Progressive, liberal, right wing, alt left, extreme right, neonazi, antifa, democrat, republican, yattayattayattayattablahblahblah

All of y'all motherfuckers, fuck you, die slow!
    Motherfucker, my .44 make sho' all y'all kids don't grow!
    You motherfuckers can't be us or see us
    We motherfuckin' Thug Life-riders, Westside 'til we die!
    Out here in California, nigga, we warned ya
    We'll bomb on you motherfuckers! We do our job!
    phineas said:

Progressive, liberal, right wing, alt left, extreme right, neonazi, antifa, democrat, republican, yattayattayattayattablahblahblah

All of y'all motherfuckers, fuck you, die slow!
    Motherfucker, my .44 make sho' all y'all kids don't grow!
    You motherfuckers can't be us or see us
    We motherfuckin' Thug Life-riders, Westside 'til we die!
    Out here in California, nigga, we warned ya
    We'll bomb on you motherfuckers! We do our job!

https://youtu.be/AVQ8byG2mY8
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Dude61 said:

However, progressivism is not rooted in classical western liberalism, and it's fair to say that progressive attitudes towards strong centralized government are akin to those Islam harbors towards strong theocracies. Both believe the masses need "help" in making decisions on their own and share a belief in control of the masses by a few in power.
    not true, but continue to keep that tidy little box around Progressivism.
    What does Progressivism mean to you?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Dude61 said:

However, progressivism is not rooted in classical western liberalism, and it's fair to say that progressive attitudes towards strong centralized government are akin to those Islam harbors towards strong theocracies. Both believe the masses need "help" in making decisions on their own and share a belief in control of the masses by a few in power.
    Vibrant young ideas from the next generation of big thinkers like Pelosi and Hillary and Bernie
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,017 Founders Club

salemcoog said:

Dude61 said:

The contemporary common political conception of progressivism in the culture of the Western world emerged from the vast social changes brought about by industrialization in the Western world in the late 19th century, particularly out of the view that progress was being stifled by vast economic inequality between the rich and the poor; minimally regulated laissez-faire capitalism with monopolistic corporations; and intense and often violent conflict between workers and capitalists, thus claiming that measures were needed to address these problems.

As Uncle Teddy said: "...wise progressivism and wise conservatism go hand in hand."
    This! Well put Benny.

salemcoog said:

Dude61 said:

The contemporary common political conception of progressivism in the culture of the Western world emerged from the vast social changes brought about by industrialization in the Western world in the late 19th century, particularly out of the view that progress was being stifled by vast economic inequality between the rich and the poor; minimally regulated laissez-faire capitalism with monopolistic corporations; and intense and often violent conflict between workers and capitalists, thus claiming that measures were needed to address these problems.

As Uncle Teddy said: "...wise progressivism and wise conservatism go hand in hand."
    This! Well put Benny.
    Lenin would agree
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Loser
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oops