Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Just an observation. While sitting having a beer down at dockside yesterday I noticed Kyle Ford and his family arrive on the cruise boat from the Ballard locks. I discreetly watched for 10 minutes while the folks were waiting to get off the boat and was seriously disappointed that in that time he and his father were not approached by multiple well to do businessmen handing out their business cards. As he departed no Husky Honeys shepherding him up to the stadium. He looked very bored. I know. Not a cool story. Maybe coffee cups came out later but color me unimpressed with the effort.

Ask yourself "what am *I* doing to get Kyle Ford?"
    Yeah good point. Instead of steering him towards Husky stadium to watch that abortion of a game I should have redirected him towards all the rich folks yachts 100 feet away. "Nice to meet you Kyle and family, I'm Joe Blow and here's what I do. Want to see my water ride?" #probablerecruitingviolation
    Probable?
  • Options
    AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Its ok because we are getting Bru Mccoy! ;)

Fuck yes we are!
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He must be that secret recruit that's visiting at the end of the month and committing.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Ford should go to SC, but USC's current 'situation' is interesting. If they get Bru and Ford, they would have a class of 5 WR's and 2 TE's. They can kinda afford to do that because so many couches were sold and they only have like 8 scholarship WR's. You have to imagine at least one of those kids is flippable if they feel like they're #5 in the class. Then you factor in Helton or Tee maybe getting fired...

Maybe we get back in it for Puka or one of the other kids, EWIWBI

I think the Helton/Tre aspect is unquestionably true …

The USC/Stanford game wasn't a ringing endorsement for anybody in that gam as it was arguably one of the most boring games I've ever watched in what is a HUGE game for the conference. JT Daniels looked like a freshman. The SC offense was far from inspiring. Stanford's offense went into the "let's not fuck it up" mode.

The next couple of weeks for SC are going to be make or break for Helton and that team. This weekend in Austin you've got a game against Texas where whoever loses will have the hot seat get incredibly warm quickly. SC should rebound from that game to beat Wazzu and the trip the following week to Tucson all of a sudden looks far less concerning. However, the following week against Colorado looks much more of a game than it did going into the season and that is followed up by a trip to Salt Lake City. A 3-3 start to the season for Helton doesn't seem that far fetched.

So in that sense, other than the SC being SC factor, I'd imagine it's going to be very difficult for them to sell that they are doing anything other than going backwards.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ford should go to SC, but USC's current 'situation' is interesting. If they get Bru and Ford, they would have a class of 5 WR's and 2 TE's. They can kinda afford to do that because so many couches were sold and they only have like 8 scholarship WR's. You have to imagine at least one of those kids is flippable if they feel like they're #5 in the class. Then you factor in Helton or Tee maybe getting fired...

Maybe we get back in it for Puka or one of the other kids, EWIWBI

last year was linebackers. This year is WR/TE
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The most promising thing to come out was that pic if him with Juice irvin and k.t.

Pics/interactions with friends is the most important thing. It gives the most true insight into the process. Comments about friends is the same. Same shit I've been saying for years about the Poly bowl. Get those prospects to the Poly bowl and we can seal the deal.

We have a chance. But we need usc to implode but still keep Helton for another year. Oregon to remain mediocre. Etc ...

The reality I think is that it takes quite a bit to overcome the inertia in order to commit to an out of state school that's rising.

Yeah, we think we're the shit and all that but we're not Alabama or Clemson yet. Or even Oregon in certain context given that most kids still remember the neon yellow and green glory days. We were crap then remember?

Keeping our dicks crossed.
  • Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He's coming here. fuck usc. They've played even shittier so far than we have.
  • Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This kid is good. Bru McCoy doesn't even look like a wide receiver to me. I like him as a safety or a linebacker.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This kid is good. Bru McCoy doesn't even look like a wide receiver to me. I like him as a safety or a linebacker.

Found Ballz alt
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Found Ballz alt
    The Who is strongarmcobra?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He's coming here. fuck usc. They've played even shittier so far than we have.

If only they had a few more 5* WRs, then they'd be REALLY good!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Found Ballz alt
    The Who is strongarmcobra?
    Ballz