Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Seattle 90s group

priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
edited May 2017 in Tug Tavern

Best Seattle 90s group 24 votes

Nirvana
37%
Mad_SonAZDuckDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetdncThe_UndertakerDude61phineasYellowSnow 9 votes
Pearl Jam
25%
drogginsTequillaMosster47ToddTurnerLIVESMiley_CyrusPitchfork51 6 votes
Soundgarden
37%
Fire_Marshall_BillSwayeThomasFremontRoadDawg55BlackieSpoonieLuvpriapism2001400exGrundleStiltzkin 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana
    Not including Alice in chains should null and void this thread.

That said, nirvana crushes the other options. Not choosing nirvana is just being a hipster
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Soundgarden
    phineas said:

That said, nirvana crushes the other options. Not choosing nirvana is just being a hipster

Alice In Chains was more 80s, IMO.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Nirvana
    I might go AiC if they were listed as they should be.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana
    priapism said:

phineas said:

Umm
  • Options
    Soundgarden
    phineas said:

priapism said:

phineas said:

Umm
    Your probably right...

AIC never sparked my interest.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana
    It's time we move on from "best seattle" groups and start weighing bands from the same era against one another. Stone Temple Pilots is more grunge than anything pearl Jam or soundgarden has ever done but they're never thrown into the mix because they aren't from seattle
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    phineas said:

It's time we move on from "best seattle" groups and start weighing bands from the same era against one another. Stone Temple Pilots is more grunge than anything pearl Jam or soundgarden has ever done but they're never thrown into the mix because they aren't from seattle

CaliGrunge >>> MossnoseGrunge

WilsonSisters >>> AnyGrunge

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Soundgarden
    AIC
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Pearl Jam
    34-17?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Soundgarden
    PurpleJ said:

PGOS

Had to be said.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pearl Jam
    On the whole, it's Pearl Jam for me ... it was the sound that most resonated with me at the time and still the one that I enjoy the most today.

Smells Like Teen Spirit is by far the best song from any of the bands and I love the fact that so many people really cover it now and even turn it a bit more instrumental ... the fact that it's a song that can be played so many different ways and in so many different venues/genres is a testament to the greatness of the song. But too much of the Nirvana stuff got really dark to me in a way that made them not even enjoyable to listen to.

I liked Soundgarden but never loved them. I'll actively listen to Pearl Jam ... never really been that way with Soundgarden ... it's a nice treat when I hear anything from them but I never search them out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2017
    Nirvana
    Tequilla said:

On the whole, it's Pearl Jam for me ... it was the sound that most resonated with me at the time and still the one that I enjoy the most today.

Smells Like Teen Spirit is by far the best song from any of the bands and I love the fact that so many people really cover it now and even turn it a bit more instrumental ... the fact that it's a song that can be played so many different ways and in so many different venues/genres is a testament to the greatness of the song. But too much of the Nirvana stuff got really dark to me in a way that made them not even enjoyable to listen to.

I liked Soundgarden but never loved them. I'll actively listen to Pearl Jam ... never really been that way with Soundgarden ... it's a nice treat when I hear anything from them but I never search them out.

The darkness is what drew a lot of people to nirvana, aic. Seriously, start from AICs first album and listen to their entire discography. It's a biography of the life and death of layne. It's basically the soundtrack of a whole generation of drug addicts. I can understand how it wouldn't be enjoyable to anyone who has never hit the lowest of the low however. I enjoy the look inside the mind of someone dying before our eyes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pearl Jam
    I probably like more AIC than Nirvana from a song to song standpoint ...

As someone that's never been into the drug scene, that dark world to me is just really hard to understand. Weed is one thing. But the hard drugs that are highly addictive and potentially leading to ODs I just don't understand why anybody would want to dance with that kind of devil.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,575
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    We Die Young is the best song to come from the big four Seattle grunge bands.

Layne in that music video versus Layne 5 years later is pretty eerie, and the song prooved to be pretty prophetic for the vocalists of that scene