Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Seattle 90s group

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Soundgarden is the best. Fuck you if you disagree I will seriously kick your ass at the methadone clinic of your choosing. Idiots.

• Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doog in Carolina nails it for us 39 year olds...but I'll wait for @seatowngrunge and @seatownjamband to chime in before I offer up another AIC>Nirvana>NOGAF shit post
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Soundgarden

Soundgarden had some good deep tracks, better than the other big three, IMO. I don't listen to grunge music all that often because it's generally bummer music and this world is fucked up enough as is. I don't need a lot of reminders.

Do you actually feel bummed out listening to it? I don't really get that way listening to it and a lot of times it makes me feel better or I'm just listening to some good music cranked up loud.

I will say I listened to some Soundgarden after Chris Cornell died and had an eerie moment or two because of the lyrics, but it's not like all the songs are "bummer" types, despite the dark lyrics.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Soundgarden
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Soundgarden is the best. Fuck you if you disagree I will seriously kick your ass at the 7-11 of your choosing. Idiots.

You didn't choose Soundgarden, Soundgarden chose you.

All my friends are Indians
    All my friends are brown and red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE
    There's a reason we are life partners. You smaht!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,060
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana
    Despite being in HS during the peak years of the Seattle grunge era, this a rock and roll debate where I am not very emotionally invested. When you're a kid with limited disposable income, buying the cassettes and CD's of these groups just wasn't as high of a priority as getting all the Stones, Zep, Hendrix, Doors, Floyd, albums, so I just kind of skipped over this period of music. But I didn't grow up in WA either so I think that's part of it as well. In hindsight, I think there was a lot of quality music here, some of which holds up pretty well 25 years later, especially In Utero, MTV Live and Vitalogy. I think No Code while have a good amount of filler, has a few killer trackers.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana

I like Pearl Jam, but they are #4 out of the big four Seattle bands. They do get repetitive to me though and I have to take them in small doses.

Too hard for me to choose from the other 3. It depends on the day.

Someone mentioned STP as grunge. That was imposed by their record label before their debut album.

If you're talking performing live, peak Scott Weiland was on another level as a front man.

Didn't know that about STP. What kind of music did they make before the label switched them up? I'd like to commend that label, actually. Was a very wise decision.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Soundgarden
    No way Butthead, Pearl Jam came first.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOo3ucr-UpM
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Nirvana

No way Butthead, Pearl Jam came first.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOo3ucr-UpM

"Pearl Jam doesn't suck, they're from Seattle."

"Oh yeah."
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,750
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Neil Young

Godfather of Grunge, honorary Seattleite
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana

What do you buttfucks know about Seattle scene. Pup was in mosh pits at "off ramp" and 'rock candy' for your 'poll' bands. Where's mudhoney, supersuckers, goodness as a few examples...wheres all the other bands during that era you left out your captain obvious poll? Nobody here saw chains, SG, Nirvana (who stunk) bac k in late 80's early 90's, or all the prime "grunge" (hate that term), it was fucking killer music. Nirvana was ok at best. Chains was, is and will always be Seattles best band. It Aint even fucking close.

Whoever polled nirvana is a fucking typical seattle transplant goof. .whoever bashed Heart is said typical transplant who knows ZILCH about Seattle music history.
    They fucking rocked when they werent harmonizing dog and butterfly for the snowflakes like yourselves. Ann Wilson f-ing rocked. Roger Fisher too. Quick guys, google seattle bands and educate yourselves so you sound like u know what youre talking about. Dont try and be hip like Pup, you nerdy fucks all listen to Drake on replay

I've moshed at the Rock Candy and polled Nirvana. So fucking what.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana

Despite being in HS during the peak years of the Seattle grunge era, this a rock and roll debate where I am not very emotionally invested. When you're a kid with limited disposable income, buying the cassettes and CD's of these groups just wasn't as high of a priority as getting all the Stones, Zep, Hendrix, Doors, Floyd, albums, so I just kind of skipped over this period of music. But I didn't grow up in WA either so I think that's part of it as well. In hindsight, I think there was a lot of quality music here, some of which holds up pretty well 25 years later, especially In Utero, MTV Live and Vitalogy. I think No Code while have a good amount of filler, has a few killer trackers.

It's sacrilege to "real" music lovers, but 90's rock > 70's.
    I must never judge.