Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting grad transfers: it's hard

2»

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Im hoping for crocs.
  • Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    Nurple said:

Is the Jordan brand in consideration? May help considering kids can't enough Jordan shit at their disposal this coming from someone with 3 teens.

I always wondered why the "Jumpman" brand was on the Michigan jerseys and not on the ducks? They had to have considered that when deciding how to best pander to teens.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The 1.2, 200, and 200 are three different kids.

let's assume that ... doesn't that make my point? You get 200 points on the SAT for getting out of bed and getting to the test center on time ... you are aware of how the distribution works on those tests, right?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    this thread needs to be fucking burned. Mods?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

let's assume that ... doesn't that make my point? You get 200 points on the SAT for getting out of bed and getting to the test center on time ... you are aware of how the distribution works on those tests, right?
    It can be tough to wake up sometimes
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Are you asking me how having the correct facts affects your argument?
  • Options

1. I don't think we know that your version constitute the correct facts. I've looked at the common data set. While your version is possible, so is mine; there's nothing in UW's CDS that would tell us.

2. No, I'm not actually asking. It's a rhetorical question. If it was one guy, then that's a point. If two guys have a 200, then that's a stronger point. If two guys have a 200 and another guy has a 1.2, then that's even more compelling. That is to say, if three people got in with exceedingly low stats, then it would stand to reason that the school does bend. Even if the guy with the 1.2 knocked the SAT or ACT out of the park, which is unlikely, UW, like most state flagships, puts a lot of admissions emphasis on GPA.

My main question still stands: if a guy can get in with a 200, then I'm just wondering why it's so hard to transfer in from JUCO with the coach supporting your admission. I get the PE credits. The rest, as I said, is not something I've studied.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

1. I don't think we know that your version constitute the correct facts. I've looked at the common data set. While your version is possible, so is mine; there's nothing in UW's CDS that would tell us.

2. No, I'm not actually asking. It's a rhetorical question. If it was one guy, then that's a point. If two guys have a 200, then that's a stronger point. If two guys have a 200 and another guy has a 1.2, then that's even more compelling. That is to say, if three people got in with exceedingly low stats, then it would stand to reason that the school does bend. Even if the guy with the 1.2 knocked the SAT or ACT out of the park, which is unlikely, UW, like most state flagships, puts a lot of admissions emphasis on GPA.

My main question still stands: if a guy can get in with a 200, then I'm just wondering why it's so hard to transfer in from JUCO with the coach supporting your admission. I get the PE credits. The rest, as I said, is not something I've studied.
    NCAA minimus standards. Its a sliding scale so if you have lower GPA then you need higher test scores.1.2 or 200 would be below minimum for either so it isn't an athlete and there must have been a crazy story there- both kid's parents died and supported himself through high school? Had diarrhea during second part of SAT after acing first part? I don't know there are a lot of kids admitted those are the outliers.

The issue qualifying from JUCO isn't gpa/test scores it is having enough transferrable credits.

And the issue for grad transfers is something else entirely.

This has all been covered by others but I know you don't read anything other than your own shitposts and whatever sucker replies you manage to hook so I am not surprised.
  • Options

NCAA minimus standards. Its a sliding scale so if you have lower GPA then you need higher test scores.1.2 or 200 would be below minimum for either so it isn't an athlete and there must have been a crazy story there- both kid's parents died and supported himself through high school? Had diarrhea during second part of SAT after acing first part? I don't know there are a lot of kids admitted those are the outliers.

The issue qualifying from JUCO isn't gpa/test scores it is having enough transferrable credits.

And the issue for grad transfers is something else entirely.

This has all been covered by others but I know you don't read anything other than your own shitposts and whatever sucker replies you manage to hook so I am not surprised.
    So, you're saying I'm a bad poaster? Hurts my feelings bro.