Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Verone McKinley, 2018 4* CB, Carrollton (Hebron), TX (Committed to OREGON)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I guarantee that 81% of people that have read the "take the gloves off" rant have absolutely no clue what it was targeted at.

If you think I supported Ty coming back for Year 4 you are clueless. I was adamant about him being fired halfway through Year 3 ... when Turner played his cards with the NAACP and threatening funding down in Olympia, I did recognize the fact that politically Emmert had little choice but to bring Tyrone back and waste a year.

The thing about recruiting is that you should never get too excited about any of the kids until they actually submit their LOIs and then really not get super excited until they get into camp. As soon as recruiting becomes about a specific player you are already in serious trouble.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

Never in my life did I utter the words duckade of dominance.

Yeah, I quooked after the natty appearance. You fuckers should try one. They're like cocaine, but legal.

Let's not forget those among us who wanted Ty to get that fourth season. I mean,yeah, I was one of them but still.

Or those who beat their meat at the St Tosh Day Massacre.

I've never been anything but LIFPO about Lyles-Taggart, although he seems to be a pretty good recruiter. But I don't really know shit about recruiting. Clearly.

I was very anti-Helfrich in Y1, but I felt like I had to give him his props for Y2. Y3 it was clear that unless he has an all-conference QB he can't do shit, and oh yeah, Pellum. Y4 I was actively rooting for Owen Twelve.

OTOH! Tequilla authored the "take the gloves off" rant, and regularly tells us about how he THINKS and CARES about teen bois. He's not Iron Laws Doog, but he's damn close.

If Helfrich got UW to the title game, this bored would be in doog orbit even more than it is now.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I guarantee that 81% of people that have read the "take the gloves off" rant have absolutely no clue what it was targeted at.

If you think I supported Ty coming back for Year 4 you are clueless. I was adamant about him being fired halfway through Year 3 ... when Turner played his cards with the NAACP and threatening funding down in Olympia, I did recognize the fact that politically Emmert had little choice but to bring Tyrone back and waste a year.

The thing about recruiting is that you should never get too excited about any of the kids until they actually submit their LOIs and then really not get super excited until they get into camp. As soon as recruiting becomes about a specific player you are already in serious trouble.

Take the gloves off was an attack on Race/defense of Emmert.

Emmert is indefensible.

Take the gloves off is indefensible.

Just own it, and laugh at your doogy self (like Coker above re: Gilby) and everyone would move on.

We're all doogs to some degree. The worst doogs are the ones who aren't self aware.
    hi!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Take the gloves off was an attack on Race/defense of Emmert.

Emmert is indefensible.

Take the gloves off is indefensible.

Just own it, and laugh at your doogy self (like Coker above re: Gilby) and everyone would move on.

We're all doogs to some degree. The worst doogs are the ones who aren't self aware.
    I own every single ounce of what I wrote ... always do.

What I was pissed off about with respect to Race's position at the time (and still to this day believe) is that the destruction of UW Football was all at the feet of Emmert ... it started way before Emmert ever got on campus ...

There was also this idea that Woodward was very culpable as well when during the entire Tyrone fiasco Woodward was nowhere near the AD and would have never had the authority to make the move as an interim AD ...

Emmert's been a disaster at the NCAA and clearly his imprint on UW Athletics wasn't great ... his imprint on the UW as a whole probably a little better.

Woodward was an average at best AD that was made to look better than he was given the dreck that came before him.

What I don't own is when people twist the narrative of what I write and the context it was written in ... particularly when they omit key facts of the comments such as Emmert above, my pre-2013 season assessment of the talent on the UW team and what Sark needed to achieve to prove that he was the coach going forward (full well knowing that the odds that he reached that level was slim to none). But when those key facts are omitted, what comes out of it is that I'm saying that Sark would do that in 2013 ... which isn't what I said at all.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,086
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

This thread is beginning to deliver

I've been hard as a diamond in an ice storm for two pages.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    BallzDeep said:

AZDuck said:

Taggart wins or he's fired. On the other hand, you'll always be a Doog.

Nah, currently the actual Doogs are reminding other UW fans about Oregon's previous success and predicting Taggart to win 8 or 9 games his first season. A non-Doog like myself can see that Oregon's defense will be atrocious again.

They have one good defensive lineman. ONE! on their entire roster! And it ain't that fat little pig Jordan Scott. Then you go to LB and they have ONE good LB. Then you go to their secondary and they have ONE DB who's allegedly good and he's a true Freshman so how good is he really?

On top of that Slick Willie has promised these true Freshman coming in early playing time. What's that going to do to team chemistry when the veteran players on defense realize Taggart wants to replace them with Freshman as soon as possible? What's going to happen when it becomes clear Oregon will be fighting just to make a bowl game at the end of the season. Nah man, it's gonna be ugly, again.

You're a total Quook if you're expecting more than 6 regular season wins.
    COOK IT?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BallzDeep said:

AZDuck said:

Taggart wins or he's fired. On the other hand, you'll always be a Doog.

Nah, currently the actual Doogs are reminding other UW fans about Oregon's previous success and predicting Taggart to win 8 or 9 games his first season. A non-Doog like myself can see that Oregon's defense will be atrocious again.

They have one good defensive lineman. ONE! on their entire roster! And it ain't that fat little pig Jordan Scott. Then you go to LB and they have ONE good LB. Then you go to their secondary and they have ONE DB who's allegedly good and he's a true Freshman so how good is he really?

On top of that Slick Willie has promised these true Freshman coming in early playing time. What's that going to do to team chemistry when the veteran players on defense realize Taggart wants to replace them with Freshman as soon as possible? What's going to happen when it becomes clear Oregon will be fighting just to make a bowl game at the end of the season. Nah man, it's gonna be ugly, again.

You're a total Quook if you're expecting more than 6 regular season wins.
    I would hope nobody here (including Duck fans) think Oregon won't be getting plunger raped this season by UW. They will.

The thread was about Oregon's current recruiting class.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Have you chinbred buttchuggers seriously dedicated this thread to convincing yourselves that Oregon isn't recruiting well? You guys are all fucking doogs, I feel like I lost 20% of my already mediocre brain function reading this shit, and I hope my fucking eyes fall out.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

Mosster47 said:

BallzDeep said:

AZDuck said:

BallzDeep said:

Mosster47 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Christ Tequilla. Look at Oregon's commit list and pop off. This guy is like the 2d or 3d shortest one on it

What on your offer list should I be jealous of? There's maybe 2-3 guys on that list that I would want to have at UW.

And BTW, we have already taken 2 of your commits ...

My guess is that if we really want guys on your list, we'll take them between now and December.

2 or 3? STOp.

I'd take Stephens, Adrian Jackson, Isaiah Bolden, Lenzy, Harrison, Holland, McKinley. I get why some might not take McKinley but I think you'd be nuts to pass on any of those other guys.
    Based on their talent I'd take Jackson, Harrison, and Holland and that's it. But I don't know the character of those guys so it might be less than that.
    Man, one season of beating the teams you should and losing to the teams you should really got you guys back on the high horse.

The #8 class in the country and only two players are UW worthy?
    Nah, just not a slave to star rankings. I didn't want McKinley when UW offered him and he was a 4 star and I don't want 4 star OL Steven Jones who has offers from UW and Oregon. I form my own opinions about recruits. Taggart has some stud commits I'll give him that but will they stick after the season? I doubt it. A lot of them will decommit as quickly as they committed during Taggart's hyped up recruiting massacres.

Lucky for you everything's working out just right then!
    Really going to enjoy that smug smirk being wiped off your face about three months from now.
    I don't think any Duck fan thinks we are going to win this year in Seattle. We do know that the offense will be a monster and the kicking game will be really good. The defense has some decent talent and the DC isn't a complete retard.

Next year at Autzen a win will be expected.
    Wasn't just talking about the UW vs. Oregon game but yeah that'll be a good one. Was also referring to the pending mass exodus of your recruiting class when they realize Taggart won't be leading a quick turn around and the resulting Duck fan meltdowns. Browning will be back for 2018. He's not losing to Oregon again.
    You do know that they are selling recruits on turning the program around and the future, right?

That scenario would make no sense.