Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Verone McKinley, 2018 4* CB, Carrollton (Hebron), TX (Committed to OREGON)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Christ Tequilla. Look at Oregon's commit list and pop off. This guy is like the 2d or 3d shortest one on it

What on your offer list should I be jealous of? There's maybe 2-3 guys on that list that I would want to have at UW.

And BTW, we have already taken 2 of your commits ...

My guess is that if we really want guys on your list, we'll take them between now and December.

2 or 3? STOp.

I'd take Stephens, Adrian Jackson, Isaiah Bolden, Lenzy, Harrison, Holland, McKinley. I get why some might not take McKinley but I think you'd be nuts to pass on any of those other guys.
    I'm not taking any of their offensive guys with the exception of Harrison (who honestly I would prefer at S).

As for the DBs, let's see what we end up with before saying whether we want their guys or not.

Some of their guys (i.e. the Florida guys) are players that we're not even in on so I don't even consider the part of the guys that we would want.
    Also guys who will jump ship if it starts sinking early.
    PrayingDog.jpg

I'm hoping if Hufunga goes there that Holland bails.
  • Options

There are plenty if guys on Oregon's commit list that id take but i wouldnt trade classes with them. They currently have like 12 or 13 guys committed as DBs, WRs, and RBs. Other than that, they have one decent LB and a TE and everything else is dogshit. They will likely get Sewell, which is a great get but I'd take Curne and Mele over their other 2 guys any day.

The biggest problem, though, is that this is Steve Sarkisian recruiting on steroids. We all know what happens to the early-filled classes when you go 5-4.

Definitely wouldn't swap classes with them, if only because our QB class is arguably tops in the nation and it's the most important position, and they've got nobody. I'd kill for their DB class but that's easily the least important position for us this year.

All I'm saying is their class is good. Ours will be better, especially for what we need.

I'll be interested to see if they start pulling offers from the bottom third of their class as it starts to fill up.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

@AZDuck do you like this prospect?

DDY 2. Like. Don't love like I do Bolden.

The irony being if McKinley dooged instead of quooked the party line here would've been he's a salt of the Earth, coach's son OKG who's dad got a cup of coffee in the League just like Petermen likes.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    AZDuck said:

I'm almost sorry for saying your name. You're like a Doogy beetlejuice

I literally just spit water out of my nose when I read this. I feel like I'm drowning.

That's HoF worthy.
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Christ Tequilla. Look at Oregon's commit list and pop off. This guy is like the 2d or 3d shortest one on it

What on your offer list should I be jealous of? There's maybe 2-3 guys on that list that I would want to have at UW.

My guess is that if we really want guys on your list, we'll take them between now and December.

2 or 3? STOp.

I'd take Stephens, Adrian Jackson, Isaiah Bolden, Lenzy, Harrison, Holland, McKinley. I get why some might not take McKinley but I think you'd be nuts to pass on any of those other guys.
    Based on their talent I'd take Jackson, Harrison, and Holland and that's it. But I don't know the character of those guys so it might be less than that.
    Man, one season of beating the teams you should and losing to the teams you should really got you guys back on the high horse.

The #8 class in the country and only two players are UW worthy?
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

2 or 3? STOp.

Based on their talent I'd take Jackson, Harrison, and Holland and that's it. But I don't know the character of those guys so it might be less than that.
    Man, one season of beating the teams you should and losing to the teams you should really got you guys back on the high horse.

The class ranking is largely because of the number of players ... not necessarily because of the quality
    There's definitely some truth to this. They're up to #5 in Scout's overall rankings but just #20 in average.

That said, their 8 4 stars make them seventh in 4 and 5 star recruits which is something. Stanford has a higher star average but only has 4 commits. I don't think you can just take star average at this point either, there has to be some blend between quantity and quality.

I'd probably put Oregon's current class in the 15th best so far range. Not as great as their current rank, but still pretty damn good.
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

AZDuck said:

BallzDeep said:

Mosster47 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

2 or 3? STOp.

Nah, just not a slave to star rankings. I didn't want McKinley when UW offered him and he was a 4 star and I don't want 4 star OL Steven Jones who has offers from UW and Oregon. I form my own opinions about recruits. Taggart has some stud commits I'll give him that but will they stick after the season? I doubt it. A lot of them will decommit as quickly as they committed during Taggart's hyped up recruiting massacres.

Lucky for you everything's working out just right then!
    Really going to enjoy that smug smirk being wiped off your face about three months from now.
    I don't think any Duck fan thinks we are going to win this year in Seattle. We do know that the offense will be a monster and the kicking game will be really good. The defense has some decent talent and the DC isn't a complete retard.

Next year at Autzen a win will be expected.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Taggart wins or he's fired. On the other hand, you'll always be a Doog.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

AZDuck said:

Taggart wins or he's fired. On the other hand, you'll always be a Doog.

I've never seen someone quook as much as you did at the taki tiki, I remember you talking about how helfrich will be better than Chip because he actually recruits, unlike Chip. And you talked about how there would be no end in site to the streak.

I just felt this needed to be said, I still love you.
    Duckade of dominance blah blah blah ...

And you're right, there was talk about how lucky Oregon was to have Slingblade at the helm as he was the real brains behind Chip or something to that effect (or maybe not ... sounds better that way) ...

Now @AZDuck is going down the path of talking himself into Taggart ...

He's a nice guy 19% of the time ...

But him calling anybody out for being a doog is comically funny as he's one of the biggest quooks in the world
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited July 2017
    Never in my life did I utter the words duckade of dominance.

Yeah, I quooked after the natty appearance. You fuckers should try one. They're like cocaine, but legal.

Let's not forget those among us who wanted Ty to get that fourth season. I mean,yeah, I was one of them but still.

Or those who beat their meat at the St Tosh Day Massacre.

I've never been anything but LIFPO about Lyles-Taggart, although he seems to be a pretty good recruiter. But I don't really know shit about recruiting. Clearly.

I was very anti-Helfrich in Y1, but I felt like I had to give him his props for Y2. Y3 it was clear that unless he has an all-conference QB he can't do shit, and oh yeah, Pellum. Y4 I was actively rooting for Owen Twelve.

OTOH! Tequilla authored the "take the gloves off" rant, and regularly tells us about how he THINKS and CARES about teen bois. He's not Iron Laws Doog, but he's damn close.

If Helfrich got UW to the title game, this bored would be in doog orbit even more than it is now.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

Never in my life did I utter the words duckade of dominance.

Yeah, I quooked after the natty appearance. You fuckers should try one. They're like cocaine, but legal.

Let's not forget those among us who wanted Ty to get that fourth season. I mean,yeah, I was one of them but still.

Or those who beat their meat at the St Tosh Day Massacre.

I've never been anything but LIFPO about Lyles-Taggart, although he seems to be a pretty good recruiter. But I don't really know shit about recruiting. Clearly.

I was very anti-Helfrich in Y1, but I felt like I had to give him his props for Y2. Y3 it was clear that unless he has an all-conference QB he can't do shit, and oh yeah, Pellum. Y4 I was actively rooting for Owen Twelve.

OTOH! Tequilla authored the "take the gloves off" rant, and regularly tells us about how he THINKS and CARES about teen bois. He's not Iron Laws Doog, but he's damn close.

If Helfrich got UW to the title game, this bored would be in doog orbit even more than it is now.

No doubt, every fan dogs/quooks etc. I just wanted to point it out is all. I thought gilby was going to do good at UW, I hate myself.