Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

ZoneUW said:

haie said:

Swaye said:

haie said:

Should be able to call asa a turncoat domer traitor ass pos without hurtful downvotes now

Why in the world would he want to go to that dumpster fire after seeing this?
    Sheltered Catholic ass over sheltered Seattle Asian ass? If so I don't want him anymore for real this time
    Paging @ZoneUW
    I don't live in seattle...
    Bellevue is basically Seattle. Hth.
    Not even close
    Can we? agree that Ballard is part of Seattle at least?
    nooo
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2018
    Adding to the AIDS:

And that ranking right there of #10 vs. #208 is all you need to know for why that's a stupid ranking.

I hate ND and all that they stand for as much as anybody. But if you believe that the overall quality of student body and education one gets at Notre Dame is 98 spots inferior than UW, then you need to go back to college and get an education.

In large measure, what makes Washington rank high on this particular list is research output. For 99 1/2% of the undergraduates, they will never come within 100 miles of that aspect of the school. Washington does have some departments that are absolutely world class. Computer science ranking among them. But there's a lot more that goes into a great undergraduate education than a few departments. Fortunately, Washington has become much more selective in their undergraduate population. But Notre Dame is even more selective. Again, not a fan. But given the quality of students with whom you will be going to school, one could do a whole lot worse than Notre Dame. And, I dare say, it is better than Washington. But, there is no doubt, that Washington is a better research university. Washington is also a better research university than Dartmouth; but you would find very very few of the tippy tippy tippy top students who would choose Washington over Dartmouth, all else being equal.
  • Options

Adding to the AIDS:

And that ranking right there of #10 vs. #208 is all you need to know for why that's a stupid ranking.

I hate ND and all that they stand for as much as anybody. But if you believe that the overall quality of student body and education one gets at Notre Dame is 98 spots inferior than UW, then you need to go back to college and get an education.

In large measure, what makes Washington rank high on this particular list is research output. For 99 1/2% of the undergraduates, they will never come within 100 miles of that aspect of the school. Washington does have some departments that are absolutely world class. Computer science ranking among them. But there's a lot more that goes into a great undergraduate education than a few departments. Fortunately, Washington has become much more selective in their undergraduate population. But Notre Dame is even more selective. Again, not a fan. But given the quality of students with whom you will be going to school, one could do a whole lot worse than Notre Dame. And, I dare say, it is better than Washington. But, there is no doubt, that Washington is a better research university. Washington is also a better research university than Dartmouth; but you would find very very few of the tippy tippy tippy top students who would choose Washington over Dartmouth, all else being equal.

@creepycoug why are you the way you are?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Adding to the AIDS:

Clearly you could have used a ND educayshun because the difference from 10 to 208 is not 98.
    Math was never my strong suit.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Domicillo said:
    commitment: an engagement or obligation that restricts freedom of action.

The choice he can't stomach shouldn't exist imo.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    6'2 195 and Notre Lame is telling him he could play LB at 210 or 220? WTF? How many linebackers do you see playing in the NFL at 210 or 220? Seriously kid. Who gives a fuck what 20 other schools are recruiting you as. Obviously they are stupid and don't know what they're doing. UW does. You're a strong safety. That's the position that gives you the best shot to have a career in the NFL. Stop being stupid and recommit to UW!
  • Options

6'2 195 and Notre Lame is telling him he could play LB at 210 or 220? WTF? How many linebackers do you see playing in the NFL at 210 or 220? Seriously kid. Who gives a fuck what 20 other schools are recruiting you as. Obviously they are stupid and don't know what they're doing. UW does. You're a strong safety. That's the position that gives you the best shot to have a career in the NFL. Stop being stupid and recommit to UW!

I don't know man, I see a BIG BACK. Don't you agree @BallzDeep ?
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I want Asa to be a dawg. With that being said, somebody needs to sit this kid down and tell him that life is about compromise. Nothing comes 100% and clear as day like he’s trying to make this.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    33 5/8 arms at 6'2" god damn
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He wants to play LB at the same size Timu played QB. How cute!
  • Options
    Woof said:

Honestly, this sounded better than I expected. My advice to him, which he'll never read, is that he needs to look at track record.

1) I'm reading between the lines, but I think ND is telling him that the UW coaches are lying to him and going to switch him to LB the second he steps foot on campus. It doesn't apply though, because I can't think of a single kid that Lake, or even Petersen for that matter, has recruited at one position and then switched immediately. Position switches have been rare in general, although there are a couple examples after 2-3 years in the program (DisslyDawg, Warren, and Dotson), and even an example where the kid chose to play a position that we thought was worse for him (Joyner) and we allowed it.

2) Lake has been trying to recruit longer guys in the secondary, including at safety, for a number of years. Kevin King, Keith Taylor, Fabiculanan, Dom Hampton, etc. are prime examples, and Isaiah Pola-Mao from the 2017 class was super similar to Asa Turner frame-wise, but we missed out. You could include Bryan Addison in there for the 2018 class. We're looking for a bigger safety or two to counter Furd's giant TEs and the increasing number of 6'3"+ receivers, and there absolutely is a need for him in our secondary.

WR/TE are getting bigger, so make sense the S are getting bigger
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hhhhnm Biggins and Huffman with the cbs to notre shame..... wonder if they know something or if the Carlsbad coach is feeding them information again
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Hhhhnm Biggins and Huffman with the cbs to notre shame..... wonder if they know something or if the Carlsbad coach is feeding them information again

They know something, with those two. It's not over but it isn't looking good.