Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Is Harris a good recruiter?

Well - he could be the best recruiter ever and it would be hard to tell. Who is the DB that we are dying to have and won’t get?

If he went out and signed Derek Stingleybor something then that would be one thing... but at this point it’s hard to imagine a group of guys we want more than the ones we get.

You think we take 4 DB's this year correct?

KamFab
    Turner
    Williams
    McDuffie

Is that the class?

I feel like I'm skipping somebody obvious that would make me want 5, especially since Turner might move forward.
    Darien Chase.
    Like I said, someone obvious.

TYFYS
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    With Turner's size and Hudl tape, I'm getting a strange Taylor Mays vibe echoing from the past... Maybe not the same speed, but by the time Mays was done with Rhino regiment, he wasn't a burner anymore.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Notre Dame coaches took him and his family to Brian Kelly's house which sits on a Lake and took them out on his boat. UW coaches didn't do shit to "blow him away". Petersen makes millions and can afford a house on Lake Washington, a two million dollar yacht, and jet skis for official visits. But nah, he's content just taking kids out to dinner in downtown Seattle or whatever. Fuck, even the Utah coaches take kids snowmobiling for official visits. UW can blow anybody away as well or better than any school in the nation if Pete just fucking nuts up and puts his money where his mouth is. I'm starting to get seriously irritated. They cannot start stacking L's back to back to back. Need to get this fucking kid.

The Notre Dame bored is laughing at the idea of Spam Chancellor playing Safety if he was to come to Washington. They say he's way too big to be a safety and that the biggest safety they could think of is Taylor Mays who was 6'3. Oh, it always rains in Seattle, too.

Maybe they forget that Peterman had safety at Boise State who was, yup, you guessed it! 6'4" 225lbs 2* George Illoka.

Fuck Off. Next stop for Asa: L&L BBQ in Federal Way!

Like ND isn't in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and temps regularly drop below 15 F.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

dnc said:

Well - he could be the best recruiter ever and it would be hard to tell. Who is the DB that we are dying to have and won’t get?

If he went out and signed Derek Stingleybor something then that would be one thing... but at this point it’s hard to imagine a group of guys we want more than the ones we get.

KamFab
    Turner
    Williams
    McDuffie

Is that the class?

I feel like I'm skipping somebody obvious that would make me want 5, especially since Turner might move forward.
    Right now if I had to bet:

KamFab
    Chase

Who the fuck knows who else? Guys I could see ending up here are:

Williams - I don't love his frame, but he's got crazy instincts.
    Turner - It's us or ND. Lake fucks so I'm willing to think we might take that one.
    Javin Wright - When all these guys are kind of the same (and they are), you have to like a guy that is 6-3, 190 and runs 4.5 at the opening.
    McDuffie - for some reason I think he will end up somewhere else. But his name is Trent so we can't rule him out.

Guys we haven't offered I could see us offering:
    LPJ - it's always possible we wrap everything up by the fall, if so he won't get an offer, but my guess is once his senior tape comes out we will want him.
    JoJo Forrest - I think he'll end up being one of the best CB prospects in the west
    Carl Jones - could possibly be a guy we get in the mix for if Williams or Turner don't pop.
    Well yeah, he played in the NFL for like 15 years before going back to high school. I'd hope he has crazy instincts with all that experience.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    pat_hm said:

dnc said:

KamFab
    Turner
    Williams
    McDuffie

Is that the class?

Right now if I had to bet:

KamFab
    Chase

Who the fuck knows who else? Guys I could see ending up here are:

Williams - I don't love his frame, but he's got crazy instincts.
    Turner - It's us or ND. Lake fucks so I'm willing to think we might take that one.
    Javin Wright - When all these guys are kind of the same (and they are), you have to like a guy that is 6-3, 190 and runs 4.5 at the opening.
    McDuffie - for some reason I think he will end up somewhere else. But his name is Trent so we can't rule him out.

Guys we haven't offered I could see us offering:
    LPJ - it's always possible we wrap everything up by the fall, if so he won't get an offer, but my guess is once his senior tape comes out we will want him.
    JoJo Forrest - I think he'll end up being one of the best CB prospects in the west
    Carl Jones - could possibly be a guy we get in the mix for if Williams or Turner don't pop.
    Do you prefer for me to Venmo or PayPal your $10.95?
    Prefers alcohol
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #TeqInsight

1) Watching a bit of his film, there's a lot of Taylor Rapp in him

2) It was noted that Cardboard Pete was moved to an outside location … what wasn't noted by anybody was that Cardboard Pete and Mom were close in the picture … if there's one golden rule in recruiting it is ABCM (Always Be Closing Mom)

3) Ultimately there's a really good chance that what this will come down to is whether Turner sees himself more as a future LB or S

For anybody that has spent a weekend in South Bend, there's no question that it's a special place. That being said, there's a huge difference between spending 3-4 days in South Bend versus 3-4 years. And if you're coming from a major metropolitan area, South Bend is the definition of a culture shock.