Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Taimani (Vakalahi), 4* 2018 OL/DL, Salt Lake City (East), UT (COMMITTED)

NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Just picked up a crystal ball from Roof (he gone), will be up here in a few weekends for Tracy Ford's May Madness and will visit the campus then.

The chinteresting point is that he's gotten offers from both Bama (he gone) and Tennessee in the last week... I'm not sure which side of the ball we want him at but SEC schools definitely like him on the OL.

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm pretty sure we like him at DT, given that Malloe is the head recruiter (but that might be because of Utah/Polynesian), and I'm pretty sure he said as much in an interview. Alabama has about 25 offers out for OL already, so more than likely once they get a few high profile commits, it will scare him off. Not really nervous about Tennessee currently. I guess it might come down to whether or not he prefers OL to DL in some regard.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2017
    We need reinforcements at both spots so hopefully he gets with the program.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'm pretty sure we like him at DT, given that Malloe is the head recruiter (but that might be because of Utah/Polynesian), and I'm pretty sure he said as much in an interview. Alabama has about 25 offers out for OL already, so more than likely once they get a few high profile commits, it will scare him off. Not really nervous about Tennessee currently. I guess it might come down to whether or not he prefers OL to DL in some regard.

I wouldn't read too much of anything into Malloe being the point person of anything ... wake me up when he delivers anything of note
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I wouldn't read too much of anything into Malloe being the point person of anything ... wake me up when he delivers anything of note
    Malloe doesn't add any confidence that is for sure, and he's definitely not the reason why I believe we might be favored currently. It was just added to the fact that I believe that we like him at DT (which turned out to be true, since he said it himself in an interview). Tennessee likes him on the DL too, only Alabama likes him purely on offense.

I'm more interested in how much sway Lubick and Kwiatkowski actually can get in Texas (and other parts of the south I guess), while being weighed down by Ikaika.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

His interview with Roof reads like one of those interviews a kid does before he commits to us.

Please god
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I know Coker fucking loves him. I think he's a DDY 2, but whatever. I'll take Saban's word for it, I guess.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I know Coker fucking loves him. I think he's a DDY 2, but whatever. I'll take Saban's word for it, I guess.

You see him as DT or guard for us?

inb4 DE!!!
  • Options
    dnc said:

You see him as DT or guard for us?

inb4 DE!!!
    Vakalahi has said that UW sees him as a DT. I like that assessment.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2017

DE

So dude is so good we're gonna change our entire defensive system to accommodate his skills?

NTD, BB!!
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Yeah, I wish he had more defensive highlights. I loved his offensive highlights and would be very happy to have him on our OL. But his body type makes more sense for us along the DL (Maybe he can play DE!!!!1! or the 5tech!!11). Like @Woof said, he just is a powerful fucker, I could see him being a big disruptor for us, fits our DL scheme perfectly.

Also, East HS produces a shit ton of talent, I'd love to have him and I really want to get a foot into Utah recruiting.
  • Options

Yeah, I wish he had more defensive highlights. I loved his offensive highlights and would be very happy to have him on our OL. But his body type makes more sense for us along the DL (Maybe he can play DE!!!!1! or the 5tech!!11). Like @Woof said, he just is a powerful fucker, I could see him being a big disruptor for us, fits our DL scheme perfectly.

Also, East HS produces a shit ton of talent, I'd love to have him and I really want to get a foot into Utah recruiting.

Yeah his most impressive current trait is just how powerful his initial punch is right now. Seems to be the perfect heir-apparent for Greg Gaines in terms of potential playing style/body type.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2017
    We need this guy. If we get him and Cravens I will be very happy with the DL class.

Agree about playing him at DT. I used to love huge, mauling guards, but our guards pull a lot.