Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

no Ducks drafted

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Freeman is too fucking stupid for the NFL if he went back to Oregon

See Lockner, Jake
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

See Lockner, Jake

Running backs don't have to be smart

HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

See Lockner, Jake

HTH
    He will need that knee we *snap* this year
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Mosster47 said:

Well, the team was mostly freshman last year and the couple of guys that would have been drafted this year came back.

Don't worry, this arbitrary stat will be fixed in 2018.

Doog Legend Jim Harbaugh had more players drafted than Nick Saban this year, but in typical Doog Legend fashion he just talked a bunch of shit, lost every game that mattered, and didn't win any sort of trophy. Elite coach though, totes.

Which guys were those?
    I'm guessing Carrington and Freeman. Carrington is 6'2" athletic, fast enough at just under 4.5, and a big-play kid. He needs to add some weight for the next level but I'm guessing someone would draft him in the later rounds. If Freeman plays to his capabilities, he's a first 3 rounds pick.
    Agreed on Freeman. I don't think he would have been drafted had he come out after this season though. He was terrible. Pussy too.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Well, the team was mostly freshman last year and the couple of guys that would have been drafted this year came back.

Doog Legend Jim Harbaugh had more players drafted than Nick Saban this year, but in typical Doog Legend fashion he just talked a bunch of shit, lost every game that mattered, and didn't win any sort of trophy. Elite coach though, totes.

Which guys were those?
    I'm guessing Carrington and Freeman. Carrington is 6'2" athletic, fast enough at just under 4.5, and a big-play kid. He needs to add some weight for the next level but I'm guessing someone would draft him in the later rounds. If Freeman plays to his capabilities, he's a first 3 rounds pick.
    Agreed on Freeman. I don't think he would have been drafted had he come out after this season though. He was terrible. Pussy too.
    I've been told he was playing hurt all year ... I have no idea. But I agree ... he did not run hard at all. Once in a while he'd try a little and would break runs ... but mostly he looked like someone trying to protect himself.
  • Options

too fucking stupid for the NFL

no such thing.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

See Lockner, Jake

HTH
    Freeman's a pedestrian back by NFL standards. He's big but given the slightest nick of injury, he doesn't run hard and has below average speed for an NFL back. He will have to have one hell of a Season and combine to be drafted imo. He's a great college back but his tape doesn't translate as anything other than run o mill in the League.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Doog thred

Doog OP

butt hurt much?
    no. It's Dooging because (1) I don't really care about where Oregon guys get drafted or if they get drafted, I only care about how well they played at Oregon, and (2) in the backdraft of the best UW season since 2000 you're poasting about Oregon not getting anyone into the draft.

That's dooging
    Forgive them for they know not what they do. They're used to producing high draft picks who make an impact in the NFL and are justifiably proud. Wait, nevermind.

You and @RoadDawg55 are on the same page ... the NFL doesn't matter.
    I'm way 2 lazy to find the thread but this is ironic coming from the guy that was propping up his hurricans because of the amount of talent they have in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc
    If you can't find a thread with me popping off about Miami and the NFL without breaking a sweat, you're not only lazy, but stupid.

You missed the bus on this one pally ol' pal.

I'm just gonna put this out there:
    http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/598308
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

See Lockner, Jake

HTH
    Freeman's a pedestrian back by NFL standards. He's big but given the slightest nick of injury, he doesn't run hard and has below average speed for an NFL back. He will have to have one hell of a Season and combine to be drafted imo. He's a great college back but his tape doesn't translate as anything other than run o mill in the League.
    Well, the truth is, nobody really knows. Running backs are hard to peg ... but speed isn't the thing, and I don't think he has below-average speed for an NFL back. Most NFL backs are not speed burners - Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson are more or less the exceptions. Most of them are 4.5/4.6 guys. Think Frank Gore. Some slower.

He runs hard when he wants to, and when that happens, he shows power. Axe Michigan State.

He has the basic physical tools to be an NFL back - I think that's pretty hard to argue against.

Whether he has the vision and whether the game will be too fast for him or not and whether he has the durability are, of course, the things you don't really know until he's doing it.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Which guys were those?
    That is a bingo. Same for Carrington. Anyone seen the list if WRs that went undrafted?

Skill position players that don't produce and disappear against every good defense they play aren't going to get draftrled regardless of how they perform at the underwear olympics.

• Options

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Which guys were those?
    That is a bingo. Same for Carrington. Anyone seen the list if WRs that went undrafted?

Skill position players that don't produce and disappear against every good defense they play aren't going to get draftrled regardless of how they perform at the underwear olympics.

Well I don't entirely disagree ... Cane bias aside, I won't be surprised if a lot of teams kick themselves in the ass for passing on Stacy Coley and letting him slip to, what, the 7th round? So your point about WRs that went undrafted is not without merit.

That said, I'm guessing a guy who averaged almost 20 yds. per catch as a freshman and sophomore hasn't always disappeared against good defenses ... unless all the defenses he ever played were shitty. He caught a buck and a quarter for two scores against Washington at Husky Stadium in 2015. Whatever his production or lack thereof in 2016 has to have a huge asterisk next to it given what went on down there.

I'm not saying the kid is the next Dez Bryant, but he's long and athletic and has a knack for making big plays. Not the most explosive guy nor the strongest ... but I'd guess he has as good a chance to be drafted as not.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Which guys were those?

Well I don't entirely disagree ... Cane bias aside, I won't be surprised if a lot of teams kick themselves in the ass for passing on Stacy Coley and letting him slip to, what, the 7th round? So your point about WRs that went undrafted is not without merit.

That said, I'm guessing a guy who averaged almost 20 yds. per catch as a freshman and sophomore hasn't always disappeared against good defenses ... unless all the defenses he ever played were shitty. He caught a buck and a quarter for two scores against Washington at Husky Stadium in 2015. Whatever his production or lack thereof in 2016 has to have a huge asterisk next to it given what went on down there.

I'm not saying the kid is the next Dez Bryant, but he's long and athletic and has a knack for making big plays. Not the most explosive guy nor the strongest ... but I'd guess he has as good a chance to be drafted as not.
    Bold 1 - he played in the Pac 12

Bold 2 - see bold 1
  • Options

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Which guys were those?

Bold 1 - he played in the Pac 12

Bold 2 - see bold 1
    Fair poont.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Doog thred

Doog OP

butt hurt much?
    no. It's Dooging because (1) I don't really care about where Oregon guys get drafted or if they get drafted, I only care about how well they played at Oregon, and (2) in the backdraft of the best UW season since 2000 you're poasting about Oregon not getting anyone into the draft.

That's dooging
    Forgive them for they know not what they do. They're used to producing high draft picks who make an impact in the NFL and are justifiably proud. Wait, nevermind.

You and @RoadDawg55 are on the same page ... the NFL doesn't matter.
    I'm way 2 lazy to find the thread but this is ironic coming from the guy that was propping up his hurricans because of the amount of talent they have in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc
    If you can't find a thread with me popping off about Miami and the NFL without breaking a sweat, you're not only lazy, but stupid.

You missed the bus on this one pally ol' pal.

I'm just gonna put this out there:
    http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/598308
    We seem to be on the same page now ... unless you're making a different point?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Which guys were those?

USC 1 catch for 7 yards
    Stanford: 3 for 37
    UW: 3 for 47
    Nebraska 2016: 3 for 36

No TDs.

In previous years yes he had big games against good defenses including UW but why did his production get worse? What is his work ethic like? Missing a national championship for weed is a huge red flag and then you are going to tell me his junior year is by far his worst?

What went down at Oregon in 2016? As the quooks will remind us- the offense was fine. They threw for only 175 less yards (more yards on a per game basis.) Carrington just wasn't getting the same percentage.

I'd be curious to know the target stats- did his catch rate go way down? His YPC went way down so one would think his catch rate and total catches would have gone up...
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

See Lockner, Jake

Only white players on the OL have to be smart

HTH
  • Options

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Which guys were those?

USC 1 catch for 7 yards

No TDs.

In previous years yes he had big games against good defenses including UW but why did his production get worse? What is his work ethic like? Missing a national championship for weed is a huge red flag and then you are going to tell me his junior year is by far his worst?

What went down at Oregon in 2016? As the quooks will remind us- the offense was fine. They threw for only 175 less yards (more yards on a per game basis.) Carrington just wasn't getting the same percentage.

I'd be curious to know the target stats- did his catch rate go way down? His YPC went way down so one would think his catch rate and total catches would have gone up...
    catches went up, QB play went WAY DOWN for the first 5 games.

Prukop could not throw.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Which guys were those?

USC 1 catch for 7 yards

No TDs.

70 - 21