Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon's Spring Game

Duck fans flipping out about this St. Taggart Day Massacre. A bunch of kids I've never heard of committed.

Any UW targets other than Jaramillo?

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Duck fans flipping out about this St. Taggart Day Massacre. A bunch of kids I've never heard of committed.

Any UW targets other than Jaramillo?

Good day for them. Jaramillo and the LB from
    Colorado we would both be happy with. Also a
    CB who decommitted from Florida State.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2017
    Yeah those coaches will kill it in recruiting. It's a monster recruiting staff. Jaramillo is the only one we were in on with the guys they got. They'll be doing a lot of national recruiting with that staff.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Yeah those coaches will kill it in recruiting. It's a monster recruiting staff. Jaramillo is the only one we were in on with the guys they got. They'll be doing a lot of national recruiting with that staff.

Oregon paid fucking top dollars for that staff. Should be interesting if they can coach, caz we know they can recruit
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,932
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    They also offered that Zion guy from Hawaii
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2017
    Mario can flat out recroot. Know it now.

And he's dreamy as fuck ... taps into that other side of me you know what I mean? I know J does.

I know, I know. Shit poaster; shit poast.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Oregon paid fucking top dollars for that staff. Should be interesting if they can coach, caz we know they can recruit
    There are three types of coaches who can recrute: (1) the ballz to the wallz recrooters who can't coach their way out of wet paper bag - they looze in spight of the fact they have the best players on the field. Ron Zook is the best all-time example of this coach, and Mora comes to mind too - doods who just can't fucking do anything with the oversupply of talent they get; (2) the ballz to the wallz recrooters who are mildy decent coaches, and though they will give up a game or two each year because they'll shit the bed on play-calling or whatever it is you need a good coach for, but they're good enough to let their horses dictate game outcome most days; and (3) the dream coach - both in ample supplies. Pete Carroll; Jimmy Johnson; Lou Holtz; Urban Meyer; Nick Saban; etc. I would have put Mack Brown somewhere between (1) and (2). Not (3) for sure.

Too early to tell where Peterman is in this category. Clearly, in all seriousness, a great coach. Whether he is a long-term top-line recruiter or not remains to be seen. His job and platform at Boise in recruiting terms was completely different from running the show at Washington. There, he benefited from the "well he's at Boise State so he can't compete with ..." No such slack at Montlake.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Awfully warm out for February
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Awfully warm out for February

yeah caz it is fucking april
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AZDuck said:

The Ducks are surrounded by football powers right now:

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Five, 4-star kids from a scrimmage in April is definitely new waters for us. I would imagine they can do pretty well at an actual football game during football season.

The biggest thing I took away from the Spring Gayme is Leavitt had all the guys on defense going to where they were supposed to be. Brady Hoke and his 7-gap front with 7 guys that at most would only have 5 gaps covered every play was a little tiresome.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,731

I remember when Sark pulled this off 4 years ago. I think 3 of the 8 guys actually signed with UW, and only 1 of them (Qualls) lasted past the 1st year.

Qualls and Lavon.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,932
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

I wonder what ever happened to Potasi Moala or whatever that kids name was who jumped ship as soon as he got another offer