Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon's Spring Game

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I wonder what ever happened to Potasi Moala or whatever that kids name was who jumped ship as soon as he got another offer
    Moala is a backup OL for UCLA.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

It's nice. Hopefully these kids stick. 5 4-stars in 24 hours is kind of unprecedented for us? even when we? were good.

One thing I've heard is that this is part of the reason Taggart cleaned house, was because the old staff, and everyone connected with all that program continuity approached recruiting with a "aw shucks we're little Oregon, and we're just happy to be a hat on the table" attitude. Taggart's approach is that Oregon is a blue-chip program with blue-chip facilities, blue-chip donor support, and blue-chip coffee cups.

Taggart brought 30 4* and 5* guys to Eugene for the Spring gayme, on unofficial visits. That in itself impresses me. Now he got almost a quarter of them to commit, same day, impresses me even moar. I know Leavit and Cristobal can coach. So, this has me feeling pretty happy.

A Doog/Quook is anyone that says something along the lines of "This shows you how good of a job Coach X is doing and recruits better jump on fast or they will lose their spot!" after one good commit verbals.

Smart people realize that if you have to get overly excites about recruiting then your coach is either brand new or not very good.

I don't remember following recruiting at all when Chip was the head coach. He would sign 25 kids and develop them.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember these comments from Sark's first year. Holt has the D looking really sound! Man, this young staff can really recruit!

Enjoy the wilderness, quooks. Pete will pick the score when you visit this year.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Good for the taggot, looking forward to Oregon football being the UW bball recruiting juggernaut.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Yeah sure nobody knows yet. I know. Taggart's hired assistants with good track records, he's turned around Western Kentucky and South Florida, yadda yadda.

He's recruiting great. Let's see who signs, and what Willie and his staff (LOL!) do with em.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

It's nice. Hopefully these kids stick. 5 4-stars in 24 hours is kind of unprecedented for us? even when we? were good.

One thing I've heard is that this is part of the reason Taggart cleaned house, was because the old staff, and everyone connected with all that program continuity approached recruiting with a "aw shucks we're little Oregon, and we're just happy to be a hat on the table" attitude. Taggart's approach is that Oregon is a blue-chip program with blue-chip facilities, blue-chip donor support, and blue-chip coffee cups.

Taggart brought 30 4* and 5* guys to Eugene for the Spring gayme, on unofficial visits. That in itself impresses me. Now he got almost a quarter of them to commit, same day, impresses me even moar. I know Leavit and Cristobal can coach. So, this has me feeling pretty happy.

1/6 = almost a quarter?

The only fraction we trust in Oregon is 9/10th of a cent.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dnc said:

I wonder what ever happened to Potasi Moala or whatever that kids name was who jumped ship as soon as he got another offer
    Moala is a backup OL for UCLA.
    http://www.uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3861

2016 - Saw action on special teams and along the offensive line ... Started in three games at guard (at TexasA&M, USC, at Cal).

2015 - Saw action as a reserve along the offensive line and on special teams.

2014 - Saw his first game action ... Appeared in several games late in the season as a blocking tight end.

2013 - Did not see game action in his first season in the program.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2017
    AZDuck said:

Yeah sure nobody knows yet. I know. Taggart's hired assistants with good track records, he's turned around Western Kentucky and South Florida, yadda yadda.

He's recruiting great. Let's see who signs, and what Willie and his staff (LOL!) do with em.

I go back and forth on Oregon because you have talent, but Taggart does seem like a retard to me.

Your old assistants were pretty good too, DC withstanding. Leavitt is a huge upgrade even if he sucks.

Cut the heads off the snake and punking a 24 year old wannabe journalist is some little league shit. Losing good in state recruits to UW has to hurt too. Not trying to rub it in, but you know that's not good.

A somewhat tough team that plays hard should be able to win 8-9 games with Freeman, the other RB, Herbert, and Carrington. I'm still surprised it fell apart so quickly.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,924
    Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

I go back and forth on Oregon because you have talent, but Taggart does seem like a retard to me.

Your old assistants were pretty good too, DC withstanding. Leavitt is a huge upgrade even if he sucks.

Cut the heads off the snake and punking a 24 year old wannabe journalist is some little league shit. Losing good in state recruits to UW has to hurt too. Not trying to rub it in, but you know that's not good.

A somewhat tough team that plays hard should be able to win 8-9 games with Freeman, the other RB, Herbert, and Carrington. I'm still surprised it fell apart so quickly.
    Every time I read something about Willie, I think, "God, that's exactly what Sark was like." So far we have the kick ass presser, the tough guy act, throwing out scholarship offers like candy, having a bunch of kids commit on one day for free pub.

I would be interested to hear what Taggart's rule is on commits taking visits. I did notice that the kids UW was in on said they would like to take all their visits during earlier interviews.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    doogville said:

I remember these comments from Sark's first year. Holt has the D looking really sound! Man, this young staff can really recruit!

Enjoy the wilderness, quooks. Pete will pick the score when you visit this year.

I'd say Leavitt has a little more established coaching body of work than Hart.

I'd say almost anybody has a more developed coaching body of work than Sark.

I'd say Taggart's pressers have NOT been kick ass, but rather stupid.

I'd say the one thing I don't ever remember hearing from Sark was anything close to resembling tough-guy talk. I think even Sark is self-aware enough to know he can't pull that off. He is entirely LA boy and belongs on Melrose Place. Those guys don't try and talk tuff.

Punking the journalist was a yawner - both for whatever effect Willy hoped it would have and for the lemon party being thrown here over it. You guys get down right fucking giddy anytime anything happens down there. It's fucking hilarious.

Meanwhile, while you're staring at Oregon wondering what's really going on down there, my Canes are preparing for a comeback of 7-11-like proportions.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

1/6 = almost a quarter?

The only fraction we trust in Oregon is 9/10th of a cent.
    3/5 is still a popular fraction south of the Columbia.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

AZDuck said:

Oregon produces very little, almost zero talent that legitimately plays to an all conference level outside of QB and on the line. Molden's dad was an All-American in Eugene forever ago, big deal. I will take Graham and Redd over him 100% of the time. I don't care if Chad Cota's kid goes somewhere else either. Oregon didn't become elite off of Oregon talent.

No one was more retarded or quirky than Chip and he was gay on top of it. No one cared because he won.

The only reason Oregon fell off so quickly was because of the move from a very mediocre defensive coordinator to one that literally didn't know how to coach a defense, at all. The offense still averaged around 35 points per game.

Oregon had a retard, promoted a retarded pussy, and again has a retard. It might not equal three conference titles in four years, but I guarantee it will get better than it was under the retarded pussy.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

The only reason Oregon fell off so quickly was because of the move from a very mediocre defensive coordinator to one that literally didn't know how to coach a defense, at all. The offense still averaged around 35 points per game.
    Which is amazing considering how bad O line play was. Getting Carrington back was Yuge.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Which is amazing considering how bad O line play was. Getting Carrington back was Yuge.
    Really, why? What has he done?

Dude is Jaydon Mickens South.