Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official Draft Day Prediction Thread

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Ross - Round 1, Pick 14, Philly

King - Round 1, Pick 26, Seattle

Budda - Round 1, Pick 31, Seattle (Sherman traded to Atlanta)

Jones - Round 2, Pick #63, Seattle (pick obtained from Sherman trade)

Qualls - Round #3, Pick #94, Steelers

Mathis - Round #6, Pick #211, Dallas

Daniels - Round #7, Pick #239, New England

Can't decide whether this is Doog POTD or Hook POTD, but either way, I *heart* this and hope it happens.
    It's really neither ... it's what I would do if I was the Hawk GM

This team is in transition and IMO this group has seen its window to winning the Super Bowl dramatically narrow ... the division as a whole sucks so there is room to rebuild on the fly ...

The picks kinda build on the other ... I don't think we move Sherman if we don't get King to replace ... if that happens I could see us move Sherman to ensure Budda as he's the LT replacement to Earl who could be gone at any point ... but great slot option. Getting the 2nd from Atlanta allows us to "reach" on Jones a half round earlier than most would.

The other big need for us is on the OL ... but I don't think I would really trust anybody in this draft and think the 2nd or 3rd round guys are just as likely to be as good
    I guess it's HPOTD because there's no way Sherman gets a 1st and a 2nd back. If they could get that for him they would have already dealt him IMO.
    It's possible ...

I don't have the draft pick number calculator up ... but what is difference between mid 1st and 4th vs late 1st and late 2nd?
    I don't think anyone's giving them a mid first rounder for him
    That was the Revis deal and a market comp ... I agree with you that they would be taking a haircut to that
    Revis was the undisputed best corner in the league when he was dealt. And that deal turned out awful for TB.

Sherman is more an undisputed top 5 corner but not the clear #1. And Seattle has made it clear they want to deal him which doesn't help his trade value.
    Atlanta makes sense in thatvthey are in a win now mode and play a similar system ...

Sherman's numbers are fine ... he's still an elite corner ... but a change of scenery for all is needed
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Can't decide whether this is Doog POTD or Hook POTD, but either way, I *heart* this and hope it happens.
    It's really neither ... it's what I would do if I was the Hawk GM

This team is in transition and IMO this group has seen its window to winning the Super Bowl dramatically narrow ... the division as a whole sucks so there is room to rebuild on the fly ...

The picks kinda build on the other ... I don't think we move Sherman if we don't get King to replace ... if that happens I could see us move Sherman to ensure Budda as he's the LT replacement to Earl who could be gone at any point ... but great slot option. Getting the 2nd from Atlanta allows us to "reach" on Jones a half round earlier than most would.

The other big need for us is on the OL ... but I don't think I would really trust anybody in this draft and think the 2nd or 3rd round guys are just as likely to be as good
    I guess it's HPOTD because there's no way Sherman gets a 1st and a 2nd back. If they could get that for him they would have already dealt him IMO.
    It's possible ...

I don't have the draft pick number calculator up ... but what is difference between mid 1st and 4th vs late 1st and late 2nd?
    I don't think anyone's giving them a mid first rounder for him
    That was the Revis deal and a market comp ... I agree with you that they would be taking a haircut to that
    Revis was the undisputed best corner in the league when he was dealt. And that deal turned out awful for TB.

Sherman is more an undisputed top 5 corner but not the clear #1. And Seattle has made it clear they want to deal him which doesn't help his trade value.
    Atlanta makes sense in thatvthey are in a win now mode and play a similar system ...

Sherman's numbers are fine ... he's still an elite corner ... but a change of scenery for all is needed
    But Atlanta doesn't make sense in that they have a #1 corner already and made it to the SB without him. Alford's fine as a #2 corner and Collins is solid as the 3. I can't see them dealing for Sherman, as much as Quinn might love him.
    That list is flawed
    Tequilla said:

That list is flawed

Of course it is, it's subjective awards bullshit.

But they weren't picking with a "take the guy from the small school" bias. Find another list if you want, the results are going to be similar.
    I'm very hesitant on the guys that jump a round plus towards the end of the draft process unless you can logically explain why
    Tequilla said:

I'm very hesitant on the guys that jump a round plus towards the end of the draft process unless you can logically explain why

Define the end of the draft process? Melifonwu's stock jumped at the combine. much like Kevin King's. King's has continued rising thanks to two corners ahead of him dropping (Jones and Conley). Melifonwu's has held since the combine. Both of their stock jumped because they demonstrated elite athleticism that shows up on tape but people just didn't realize how elite it was until it was measured.
    King played in P12 ... UConn in the American

I'm skeptical of anybody that is great at the underwear Olympics IF I can't also verify with game tape ...

The UConn kid could be really good ... but in the end I'm going to always side with the more battle tested, etc prospect if everything else is basically equal
    Fupdate - all five serious entries (French, Tripper, Roadie, Tequilla and Swaye's bitch) got 1 point for Ross's round. Nobody scored for pick number or team. Everyone had King in the first so no advantage there for anyone.

Unlikely partners Road and Teq both had Budda in the first, so they start day 2 with the disadvantage.
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    Gareon Conley, alleged rapist, gets drafted before Kevin King, Budda Baker, and (of course due to injury) Sidney Jones.

I am dying of laughter
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

Fupdate - all five serious entries (French, Tripper, Roadie, Tequilla and Swaye's bitch) got 1 point for Ross's round. Nobody scored for pick number or team. Everyone had King in the first so no advantage there for anyone.

Unlikely partners Road and Teq both had Budda in the first, so they start day 2 with the disadvantage.

I won.

Next.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    dnc said:

For each Dawg you think gets drafted list their Round, Overall Pick, and Team.

Scoring is as follows - one point for correct round, 3 points for correct pick range (within 2 slots, so if you list pick 16 you get the range 14-18), 2 point bonus for exact pick (so 5 points total for a correct pick, 3 for the correct range), 5 points for correct team.

For every player you list who doesn't get drafted you lose one point.

Example:

John Ross, 1, 15, Colts
    Kevin King, 1, 26, Seahawks

Etc

Winners will be announced Monday or whenever the fuck I get around to it.

Silly DNC I already told you that KK is going #greenngold. Tune in tonight.
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Scoring is as follows - one point for correct round, 3 points for correct pick range (within 2 slots, so if you list pick 16 you get the range 14-18), 2 point bonus for exact pick (so 5 points total for a correct pick, 3 for the correct range), 5 points for correct team.

Example:

John Ross, 1, 15, Colts

Etc

Could happen. I think they're more likely to take Lamp or trade down again, but King going to GB wouldn't shock me at all.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Example:

John Ross, 1, 15, Colts

Etc

My buddy is pissed about this possibility. Just pick Budda. King is too goo of fit for the Hawks.
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Example:

John Ross, 1, 15, Colts

Etc

Dialed in
    Tequilla said:

Dialed in as usual.
    @TierbsHsotBoobs

You don't have the fucking balls to ever make an opinion worth a shit ... so it's easy for you to sit back and cherry pick those that make opinions ...

Go drink a gallon of fucking bleach, take a bath in a tub of gasoline, then step outside and light up a Cuban cigar in a strong wind ...
    Tequilla said:

@TierbsHsotBoobs

You don't have the fucking balls to ever make an opinion worth a shit ... so it's easy for you to sit back and cherry pick those that make opinions ...

Go drink a gallon of fucking bleach, take a bath in a tub of gasoline, then step outside and light up a Cuban cigar in a strong wind ...

Draft projections are dumb.

I don't even know why some of you idiots play the game.

My predictions:

Ross - Cincinnati 1-9

King - GB 2-33

Baker - Arizona 2-36

Jones - Philly 2-43

@Dawgnewz!! True???