Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official Draft Day Prediction Thread

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Ross - Round 1, Pick 14, Philly

King - Round 1, Pick 26, Seattle

Budda - Round 1, Pick 31, Seattle (Sherman traded to Atlanta)

Jones - Round 2, Pick #63, Seattle (pick obtained from Sherman trade)

Qualls - Round #3, Pick #94, Steelers

Mathis - Round #6, Pick #211, Dallas

Daniels - Round #7, Pick #239, New England
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Can't decide whether this is Doog POTD or Hook POTD, but either way, I *heart* this and hope it happens.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2017
    John Ross - 1, 14 Philly
    Kevin King - 1, 26 Seahawks
    Budda Baker - 1, 32 Saints
    Sid Jones - 2, 50 Tampa Bay
    Joe Mathis - 3, 73 Bengals
    Elijah Qualls - 3, 97 Dolphins
    Daniels - 6, 191 Jets
    Eldrenkamp - 7, 222 Jags
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Can't decide whether this is Doog POTD or Hook POTD, but either way, I *heart* this and hope it happens.
    It's really neither ... it's what I would do if I was the Hawk GM

This team is in transition and IMO this group has seen its window to winning the Super Bowl dramatically narrow ... the division as a whole sucks so there is room to rebuild on the fly ...

The picks kinda build on the other ... I don't think we move Sherman if we don't get King to replace ... if that happens I could see us move Sherman to ensure Budda as he's the LT replacement to Earl who could be gone at any point ... but great slot option. Getting the 2nd from Atlanta allows us to "reach" on Jones a half round earlier than most would.

The other big need for us is on the OL ... but I don't think I would really trust anybody in this draft and think the 2nd or 3rd round guys are just as likely to be as good
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

This team is in transition and IMO this group has seen its window to winning the Super Bowl dramatically narrow ... the division as a whole sucks so there is room to rebuild on the fly ...

The picks kinda build on the other ... I don't think we move Sherman if we don't get King to replace ... if that happens I could see us move Sherman to ensure Budda as he's the LT replacement to Earl who could be gone at any point ... but great slot option. Getting the 2nd from Atlanta allows us to "reach" on Jones a half round earlier than most would.

The other big need for us is on the OL ... but I don't think I would really trust anybody in this draft and think the 2nd or 3rd round guys are just as likely to be as good
    I guess it's HPOTD because there's no way Sherman gets a 1st and a 2nd back. If they could get that for him they would have already dealt him IMO.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I guess it's HPOTD because there's no way Sherman gets a 1st and a 2nd back. If they could get that for him they would have already dealt him IMO.
    It's possible ...

I don't have the draft pick number calculator up ... but what is difference between mid 1st and 4th vs late 1st and late 2nd?
    edited April 2017
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Only thing is, the draft seems stacked at CB. The Colorado guys are good, especially Witherspoon. Florida has a few guys. One or more of them will be available in the 2nd.

It's not as good for OL (at least by what they say) so if they really like Lamp or Bolles, you have to take them in the first.

It's hard to predict. I would be surprised if the first pick by the Seahawks isn't a CB or OL.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Could argue that we would get another pick from ATL in that scenario
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It's possible ...

I don't have the draft pick number calculator up ... but what is difference between mid 1st and 4th vs late 1st and late 2nd?
    I don't think anyone's giving them a mid first rounder for him

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Only thing is, the draft seems stacked at CB. The Colorado guys are good, especially Witherspoon. Florida has a few guys. One or more of them will be available in the 2nd.

It's not as good for OL (at least by what they say) so if they really like Lamp or Bolles, you have to take them in the first.

It's hard to predict. I would be surprised if the first pick by the Seahawks isn't a CB or OL.
    Agreed. The only possible exception to me would be if they went safety with Melifonwu or maaaaaybe Peppers. IMO the pick is going to be King, Bolles, Lamp, Melifonwu or trade down. And if two or three of those guys are still on the bored it could be trade down and hope you still get one of them.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It's possible ...

That was the Revis deal and a market comp ... I agree with you that they would be taking a haircut to that
    I like Lamp ... not huge on Bolles (inside guy in NFL to me)

The UConn S I think is getting bid up because of size/speed combo ... not sure if he is as physical as his size says.

Also, fair or unfair, I'm not a huge fan of players from loser programs that aren't used to playing with expectations ... UConn sucks
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It's possible ...

That was the Revis deal and a market comp ... I agree with you that they would be taking a haircut to that
    Revis was the undisputed best corner in the league when he was dealt. And that deal turned out awful for TB.

Sherman is more an undisputed top 5 corner but not the clear #1. And Seattle has made it clear they want to deal him which doesn't help his trade value.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Agreed. The only possible exception to me would be if they went safety with Melifonwu or maaaaaybe Peppers. IMO the pick is going to be King, Bolles, Lamp, Melifonwu or trade down. And if two or three of those guys are still on the bored it could be trade down and hope you still get one of them.
    Peppers would be a strange pick because the Seahawks already signed Tampa Bay's starting safety from last year.
    Tequilla said:

I like Lamp ... not huge on Bolles (inside guy in NFL to me)

The UConn S I think is getting bid up because of size/speed combo ... not sure if he is as physical as his size says.

Also, fair or unfair, I'm not a huge fan of players from loser programs that aren't used to playing with expectations ... UConn sucks

I love Bolles. Total stud IMO. My only concern is that he won't have a long career because he'll be 25 before the season starts. I like Utah's guard Asiata or whatever his name is too.

The expectations thing isn't unfair, it's just dumb. You limit yourself to elite programs you eliminate a ton of talent from your pool.

Here's this year's NFL First Team All Pros. Those whose didn't have high expectations in college in bold.
    Quarterback: Matt Ryan, Atlanta
    Running Back: Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas
    Flex: David Johnson, Arizona
    Tight End: Travis Kelce, Kansas City
    Wide Receivers: Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh; Julio Jones, Atlanta
    Left Tackle : Tyron Smith, Dallas
    Right Tackle: Jack Conklin, Tennessee
    Left Guard: Kelechi Osemele, Oakland
    Right Guard: Zack Martin, Dallas
    Center: Travis Frederick, Dallas

DEFENSE
    Edge Rushers: Khalil Mack, Oakland; Vic Beasley Jr., Atlanta
    Interior Linemen: Aaron Donald, Los Angeles; Damon Harrison, New York Giants
    Linebackers: Von Miller, Denver; Bobby Wagner, Seattle; Sean Lee, Dallas
    Cornerbacks: Aqib Talib, Denver; Marcus Peters, Kansas City
    Safeties: Landon Collins, New York Giants; Eric Berry, Kansas City
    Defensive Back: Chris Harris Jr., Denver
    A baller's a baller.

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Peppers would be a strange pick because the Seahawks already signed Tampa Bay's starting safety from last year.
    I agree, I just know the Hawks love versatility and he's a guy who could play a number of positions for them.

Like I said, I don't expect them to draft him.