Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Paglia: Trump Already Headed Towards Reelection, Democrats Have Overplayed Their Hand

2»

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

3 months in the best news is that Hilary still isn't president. What Trump has done so far is fine. everyone with half a brain knew what he was doing.

Immigration is at the front now, ICE is energized, and wall or no wall the fight is on with Sanctuary cities.

Health care and tax reform are not microwave popcorn The work being done doesn't always show up on the scoreboard.

Speaking of which

Scoreboard Baby

That's the joke.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,636 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

The media will continue to smear him and he will win because of it, not in spite of it.

That's great news for fans of moderate, Establishment-centered government. Trump has clearly served notice that his campaign tenets of nationalism and protectionist economics were pure bullshit intended to lure in gullible rubes (he was successful). Now he's "governing" as a moderate and rightly earning praise. As everyone knew, there won't be tariffs, trade wars, border walls, Ex-Im Bank will remain as will the Paris climate treaty, Obamacare is the law of the land and China is not a currency manipulator. The administration is loaded with free trade advocates and Wall Street alums. The Establishment wins again. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
    You finally admit how gullible you are. Baby steps
    I admit it1!1!

So long as free-trade, globalist policies and economics continue unabated, as they are, I am more than happy. It means skilled, educated people will continue to flourish and lead the US and global economy. Winners win. I feel bad for you "burn it all down" bumpkins but I will get over it.
    Nobody cared about educated skilled people coming here.

Today's LA Times has a front page article on - shit - construction wages are way down compared to 40 years ago. Used to be unionized and good paying. Now shit pay, non union and mostly (illegal) immigrants.

If you care at all about your fellow man you would care about this. Its why Trump won.

He is also making headway in trade. He wants better deals, not no deals.

Those of us who live on how well we can get money out of people understand the tactics
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited April 2017

PurpleJ said:

The media will continue to smear him and he will win because of it, not in spite of it.

That's great news for fans of moderate, Establishment-centered government. Trump has clearly served notice that his campaign tenets of nationalism and protectionist economics were pure bullshit intended to lure in gullible rubes (he was successful). Now he's "governing" as a moderate and rightly earning praise. As everyone knew, there won't be tariffs, trade wars, border walls, Ex-Im Bank will remain as will the Paris climate treaty, Obamacare is the law of the land and China is not a currency manipulator. The administration is loaded with free trade advocates and Wall Street alums. The Establishment wins again. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
    I admit it1!1!

So long as free-trade, globalist policies and economics continue unabated, as they are, I am more than happy. It means skilled, educated people will continue to flourish and lead the US and global economy. Winners win. I feel bad for you "burn it all down" bumpkins but I will get over it.
    Trump did sign an EO that makes it less desirable for Employers to bring in a less expensive Mujibur to write code. We'll see if it has an impact on how companies hire in the future. And please save the whole" well he hired cheap immigrants to his companies" as those were the rules in place at the time.

Most people in the USA would rather see it's Citizens get jobs that they are qualified for instead of an immigrant. How about you?
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

I admit it1!1!

Trump did sign an EO that makes it less desirable for Employers to bring in a less expensive Mujibur to write code. We'll see if it has an impact on how companies hire in the future. And please save the whole" well he hired cheap immigrants to his companies" as those were the rules in place at the time.

Most people in the USA would rather see it's Citizens get jobs that they are qualified for instead of an immigrant. How about you?
    What do you know about being qualified for a job?

PurpleJ said:

I admit it1!1!

Today's LA Times has a front page article on - shit - construction wages are way down compared to 40 years ago. Used to be unionized and good paying. Now shit pay, non union and mostly (illegal) immigrants.

If you care at all about your fellow man you would care about this. Its why Trump won.

Those of us who live on how well we can get money out of people understand the tactics
    What is Trump going to do to fix that?

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

I admit it1!1!

What do you know about being qualified for a job?
    Fake it until you make it.

Answer the question pajama boy.
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

I admit it1!1!

Deportation.
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

I admit it1!1!

its hardly a mystery you fucking moron
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    I couldnt give a shit if he started world war 3 and ended the world in nuclear Holocaust. Watching pansy ass social justice warriors cry is amazing.

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

I admit it1!1!

Didn't think you had an answer.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

I admit it1!1!

Didn't think you had an answer.
    Right

Moron
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

3 months in the best news is that Hilary still isn't president. What Trump has done so far is fine. everyone with half a brain knew what he was doing.

Immigration is at the front now, ICE is energized, and wall or no wall the fight is on with Sanctuary cities.

Health care and tax reform are not microwave popcorn The work being done doesn't always show up on the scoreboard.

Speaking of which

Scoreboard Baby

Wulff > Ty POTD
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

PurpleJ said:

and this is precisely why I think he'll lose. the country did not elect Hillary for that reason. and they will not elect trump for that reason in 2020 as long as the democratic candidate isn't worse (booker, Cuomo, etc.)
    edited April 2017
    saying that he is making headway on taxes, healthcare and trade and those results just aren't showing up on the scoreboard is exactly how a loser talks.

Right now he's basically Mitt Romney with a twitter handle. that's not popular in 2017
    3 months

This was a good conversation. Then Baabs had to fag it up
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Mitt Romney is a loser. He was never President. He also sold out as a deep State Never Trumper so you could say, Mitt Romney is a two time looser. He donned the knee pads of forgiveness in Trump tower post election to try and secure Suckretary of State but, you know, losers lose, strike 3.

Quite honestly, what could Mitt Romney possibly teach President Trump about winning?
    edited April 2017
    doogie said:

Mitt Romney is a loser. He was never President. He also sold out as a deep State Never Trumper so you could say, Mitt Romney is a two time looser. He donned the knee pads of forgiveness in Trump tower post election to try and secure Suckretary of State but, you know, losers lose, strike 3.

Quite honestly, what could Mitt Romney possibly teach President Trump about winning?

My point exactly.
    Trump won being not mitt Romney. He's going to go down because he's governing exactly like mitt Romney john McCain or jeb bush would be
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    I respect him as a technocrat, a highly successful businessman and a pretty successful Governor.

As for the 2020 election, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too early to make any bold predictions. We're in the 8th year of a bull market and are facing rising rates. Combine the two together and it usually leads to a shit-storm. But I welcome a 20% to 30% correction (including a 10% drop in housing prices) because everything is so frothy in equities / real estate / tech. Maybe the closest bust would be 2000-2001 though not quite as bad.

So if it's 2019 and the economy is on solid / less leveraged footing while recovering, Trump probably wouldn't be reelected because the damage is done.

Or everything could be happy and great with more stimulus to push Trump through to a 2nd term. Either way it could get interesting and yeah, WIW.
    doogie said:

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

dhdawg said:

I agree with a lot of what she said about the democrats and the media. but I still disagree with her conclusion. trump barely squeezed out the win last election and has already alienated so much of his support.
    someone will win by default just like last time and my guess is it will not be trump again. could change.

Trump's supporters haven't waivered. His popularity is higher now than on Election Day. Let your anger continue to consume you.
    It's one thing to support Trump. It's another have such unwavering devotion to be blind to facts.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html
    Anyone but the red lefties! Hell my dog would have been better than BHO or TBOB! Shit even the cat.