Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Paglia: Trump Already Headed Towards Reelection, Democrats Have Overplayed Their Hand

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I agree with a lot of what she said about the democrats and the media. but I still disagree with her conclusion. trump barely squeezed out the win last election and has already alienated so much of his support.
    someone will win by default just like last time and my guess is it will not be trump again. could change.
    I wouldn't put it past the democrats to run another sellout bullshitter like cory booker though. that's the only chance I think trump has
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dhdawg said:

I agree with a lot of what she said about the democrats and the media. but I still disagree with her conclusion. trump barely squeezed out the win last election and has already alienated so much of his support.
    someone will win by default just like last time and my guess is it will not be trump again. could change.

Trump's supporters haven't waivered. His popularity is higher now than on Election Day. Let your anger continue to consume you.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

dhdawg said:

Trump's supporters haven't waivered. His popularity is higher now than on Election Day. Let your anger continue to consume you.
    It's one thing to support Trump. It's another have such unwavering devotion to be blind to facts.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html
    What movement on healthcare? Movement towards the plan that had 17% approval nationwide?
    It'll have more to do with who the dems than anything.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    I DISAGREE with Camile Paglia on many, many things but have always respected her. She's a symmetrical thinker.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club
    The media will continue to smear him and he will win because of it, not in spite of it.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    PurpleJ said:

The media will continue to smear him and he will win because of it, not in spite of it.

That's great news for fans of moderate, Establishment-centered government. Trump has clearly served notice that his campaign tenets of nationalism and protectionist economics were pure bullshit intended to lure in gullible rubes (he was successful). Now he's "governing" as a moderate and rightly earning praise. As everyone knew, there won't be tariffs, trade wars, border walls, Ex-Im Bank will remain as will the Paris climate treaty, Obamacare is the law of the land and China is not a currency manipulator. The administration is loaded with free trade advocates and Wall Street alums. The Establishment wins again. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

PurpleJ said:

That's great news for fans of moderate, Establishment-centered government. Trump has clearly served notice that his campaign tenets of nationalism and protectionist economics were pure bullshit intended to lure in gullible rubes (he was successful). Now he's "governing" as a moderate and rightly earning praise. As everyone knew, there won't be tariffs, trade wars, border walls, Ex-Im Bank will remain as will the Paris climate treaty, Obamacare is the law of the land and China is not a currency manipulator. The administration is loaded with free trade advocates and Wall Street alums. The Establishment wins again. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
    So what are you so worried about?
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

No worries. Just pointing out you got conned. Not surprised you are ok with it.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

No worries. Just pointing out you got conned. Not surprised you are ok with it.
    Huh?

I'm not a Republican.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

With Grosuch in, and likely another Justice in the next 3 years, I'm ok with this.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,636 Founders Club
    3 months in the best news is that Hilary still isn't president. What Trump has done so far is fine. everyone with half a brain knew what he was doing.

Immigration is at the front now, ICE is energized, and wall or no wall the fight is on with Sanctuary cities.

Health care and tax reform are not microwave popcorn The work being done doesn't always show up on the scoreboard.

Speaking of which

Scoreboard Baby

PurpleJ said:

You finally admit how gullible you are. Baby steps
    I admit it1!1!

So long as free-trade, globalist policies and economics continue unabated, as they are, I am more than happy. It means skilled, educated people will continue to flourish and lead the US and global economy. Winners win. I feel bad for you "burn it all down" bumpkins but I will get over it.