Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's easy to negatively recruit UW. Our coaches hate fun and black people, and our offensive playbook is an indecipherable grimoire.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,155
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    The word from Sonics1993 on Dawgman is that Oregon is calling the OKG system elitist and racist, and they're in Savell's head. Sonics1993 says it's working. Sonics1993 would be very surprised if Savell signs with UW.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Told you guys he was going to Florida
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,155
    Founders Club

The word from Sonics1993 on Dawgman is that Oregon is calling the OKG system elitist and racist, and they're in Savell's head. Sonics1993 says it's working. Sonics1993 would be very surprised if Savell signs with UW.

The word from DoogCourics on HardcoreHusky is that Sonics1-1992 were taken and the Thunder are in Sonics1993's head. DoogCourics says Sonics1993 sounds like a fag. DoogCourics would be very surprised if Sonics1993 has any inside information with Sav'ell.
    I agree witchu. Everybody likes to think they're an insider.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I am hearing Jim Owens is running the program and we are back to our racist ways. Just what I am hearing from doogman
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    The problem is that perception is reality in recruiting. We can all say how ridiculous it is that OKG is being painted in that light, but UW has to counter that narrative with action. Otherwise, there will be a faction of recruits and families that believe it. And this is a pretty big problem when you consider Smalls is already responding to it. He didn’t make it to the Spring carnival or whatever it is called. And the sad thing is, UW was beginning to hear about this in-state like two years ago and never properly dealt with it. Coach Pete, wake up!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Don’t twist but I’ve heard that while Sav’ell had fun bonding with Oregon guys, this has been largely overblown. I’m always open to the need to improve our message to be the most inclusive as possible without being like Baylor or Urban Meyer, but he’s been traveling and has a bunch of trips scheduled, combined with UDUB scheduling camps/unofficials for other recruits from in and out of state that they want him present for, led to them telling him to focus on more important things.

The messaging and improved sales pitches always need to be on the forefront of our minds especially with Sav’ell. With the Botelho fail, Flowe fail, everyone associated with the UDUB program can no longer be content with hoping to get Sav’ell. The push must be to get Sav’ell committed as early as possible. I like the “give the guy time approach” but if it hasn’t worked for past elite recruits, and Sav’ell is the most important recruit in UDUB history, this is the exception to the rule. It’s time we push for Sav’ell’s commitment to UDUB by September to change the narrative and lead this change. He can be the change and he can be the leader ONLY AT UDUB. Pitch that. This is the guy you put all your shame aside for and do whatever the fuck it takes to get.

If Clemson can get guys like Trevor Lawrence, Xavier Thomas, Brian Breese, AND JOE FUCKING NGATA before the end of summer, EVERYONE AT UDUB NEEDS TO NUT UP TO GET THIS KID ASAP, AS-FUCKING-SAP.

WAYDTGSS
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Don’t twist but I’ve heard that while Sav’ell had fun bonding with Oregon guys, this has been largely overblown. I’m always open to the need to improve our message to be the most inclusive as possible without being like Baylor or Urban Meyer, but he’s been traveling and has a bunch of trips scheduled, combined with UDUB scheduling camps/unofficials for other recruits from in and out of state that they want him present for, led to them telling him to focus on more important things.

The messaging and improved sales pitches always need to be on the forefront of our minds especially with Sav’ell. With the Botelho fail, Flowe fail, everyone associated with the UDUB program can no longer be content with hoping to get Sav’ell. The push must be to get Sav’ell committed as early as possible. I like the “give the guy time approach” but if it hasn’t worked for past elite recruits, and Sav’ell is the most important recruit in UDUB history, this is the exception to the rule. It’s time we push for Sav’ell’s commitment to UDUB by September to change the narrative and lead this change. He can be the change and he can be the leader ONLY AT UDUB. Pitch that. This is the guy you put all your shame aside for and do whatever the fuck it takes to get.

If Clemson can get guys like Trevor Lawrence, Xavier Thomas, Brian Breese, AND JOE FUCKING NGATA before the end of summer, EVERYONE AT UDUB NEEDS TO NUT UP TO GET THIS KID ASAP, AS-FUCKING-SAP.

WAYDTGSSASAP
    Every single day. Every single fucking day. Your best stuff @HillsboroDuck
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

It just seems like Pete won't change the way he does things. UW should be a no brainer for all these kids and it seems like an uphill battle. Imagine how fucked we would be if the Oregon coaches could develop the way ours do.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    We lost to WSU for a Pass rusher...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

We lost to WSU for a Pass rusher...

He's not going to WSU. We lost to Oregon painting us as raycist.
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    SHUT IT DOWN. FIRE PETE
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We are going for the all Club Fed team.