Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,021
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    It's always good to get highly regarded guys in the state but I do have a few concerns about him:

1) Has he even recorded 10 sacks in his entire HS career? Dude has the athleticism but has been underwhelming on the field.
    2) The next great EDGE player Pete K. coaches will be his first.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if this guy flips to Oregon.

Yes it would. By the way, did Aliens plant that thought in your head, or is it yours?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's always good to get highly regarded guys in the state but I do have a few concerns about him:

1) Has he even recorded 10 sacks in his entire HS career? Dude has the athleticism but has been underwhelming on the field.

On tape, he doesn't seem that explosive, but he does keep his eyes on the play and finishes very well. He also doesn't quit until the play is over, and will chase backs and receivers down from behind, so he's got the work ethic.

My guess is he'll get quicker off the blocks by necessity after a year or two of engaging with D1 level linemen who blast off the blocks quickly. Right now, he's not being challenged and pushed around much by anyone his size, so he can hold most guys off with extended arms and doesn't have to wrestle much. That won't happen at the next level.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Doesn’t seem explosive? Watch his sophomore hudl. He was hurt all last year
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Emoterman said:

A little blast from the past. Yes, that's Juize, I believe as a high school sophomore... With Donkey Kong Suh.

I think today is either the day it's most acceptable ever to doog, or for once dooging isn't dooging at all, Savvy will be that good.

Sav'ell is listed at 6'3", but this picture suggests he's a legit 6'4". He could rather easily get up to 260 and still play on the edge.

I kind of want to see him stay around 245-250 and play SAM though. He could be way more versatile than our other OLBs.
    He claimed on KJR yesterday that he was 6'4" 245.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Great points. We need to pull his offer and find a try-hard white kid from Missoula to take his spot
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dongman said:

Emoterman said:

A little blast from the past. Yes, that's Juize, I believe as a high school sophomore... With Donkey Kong Suh.

I think today is either the day it's most acceptable ever to doog, or for once dooging isn't dooging at all, Savvy will be that good.

How the fuck is Savell bigger the SnackDong Suh?
    Paging BTP???
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Sav'ell is a smart kid. He's going to come to UW and be a hometown hero who is loved by everyone in the area for his whole life because he led our Dawgs to another national championship.

If it turns out different, don't tell me. I don't want to know.

Sav'ell is a smart kid. He's going to come to UW and be a hometown hero who is loved by everyone in the area for his whole life because he led our Dawgs to another national championship.

If it turns out different, don't tell me. I don't want to know.
    "Another" title (lmfao). These days you need to play in title games to win championships. And to do that you need to win a playoff semi-final. The dwags might make it to the playoffs once every 20 years. A playoff appearance (but not a win) is Pete's ceiling at UW.
    It's funny watching you morph into quook mode every season as it starts to sink in that your never-was program never is going to be, either. Your days came and went with no championship, because Ducks aren't football champions.

They're not going to be, either. Voted, or otherwise.

Run along, little girl.
    Live look at Oregon's championship run

They made champions run?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Kid looks beefier and beefier. I think he will play on the inside

No. I remember that being a thought when he was 225+ as a sophomore, but he hasn’t gotten much bigger. 260 is probably his max weight. I would say 240-250 is most likely.
  • Options
    Big fan of the his dad and the mom. Surprised she let her so got to UW after talking to fudgepack
  • Options
    FirePete said:

Big fan of the his dad and the mom. Surprised she let her so got to UW after talking to fudgepack

Son go to*

Jesus can’t write to save my life
  • Options
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    He’s huge and smooth as fuck. They don’t make them like Savvy very often
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Didn’t he coach Demarcus Lawrence and Kikaha?

Not sure if he coached Andrew Hudson or not his senior year but he balled out that year. Littleton was pretty good as well.

But still. Thee issue has not been coaching, it’s been a talent issue.