Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Horace "Bru" McCoy, 2019 5* OLB/WR, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (LOL)

Comments

• Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Biggins:
    McCoy's dad said they got in late last night but had a great time. Said they love coach Pete and the game atmosphere was great as well. We'll catch up with McCoy later today/tonight for a full trip recap.

A few more notes here, pops said Sean McGrew and Jacob Eason were Bru's hosts and showed him a great time. They played late Friday night and he didn't even get to sleep before heading to the airport Saturday morning. Then got about 3 hours of sleep Saturday night and another full day of activities Sunday. This quote stood out for me, "Petersen has built an unreal culture of great football players and better young men. UW is one of the few programs out West that has the resources and coaching to compete for a National Championship."

Wiltfong:

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei five-star athlete Bru McCoy took his second official visit to Washington over the weekend.

"Coach Petersen is on a different level," his father Horace McCoy tells 247Sports on Tuesday. "Not only does he have a great culture, high-character kids/coaches. He cares about them as men. Every day they spend time on working on being better young men and not just football players. As a father that is most important to me. My son is more than just a football player. Football will end one day, hopefully no time soon, and when it does I want a better man when the game is done. Coach Petersen has left no doubt in our minds in his ability to achieve that goal."
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Petersen to USC confirmed.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    Domicillo said:

God could you imagine if Petersen took the USC job.... recruiting would have been on another level for him
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018

Biggins:
    McCoy's dad said they got in late last night but had a great time. Said they love coach Pete and the game atmosphere was great as well. We'll catch up with McCoy later today/tonight for a full trip recap.

A few more notes here, pops said Sean McGrew and Jacob Eason were Bru's hosts and showed him a great time. They played late Friday night and he didn't even get to sleep before heading to the airport Saturday morning. Then got about 3 hours of sleep Saturday night and another full day of activities Sunday. This quote stood out for me, "Petersen has built an unreal culture of great football players and better young men. UW is one of the few programs out West that has the resources and coaching to compete for a National Championship."

Wiltfong:

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei five-star athlete Bru McCoy took his second official visit to Washington over the weekend.

"Coach Petersen is on a different level," his father Horace McCoy tells 247Sports on Tuesday. "Not only does he have a great culture, high-character kids/coaches. He cares about them as men. Every day they spend time on working on being better young men and not just football players. As a father that is most important to me. My son is more than just a football player. Football will end one day, hopefully no time soon, and when it does I want a better man when the game is done. Coach Petersen has left no doubt in our minds in his ability to achieve that goal."

They definitely did blow together with Sean and Jacob doing lines together
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Are all the visit reports this glowing? I feel like the praise from McCoy's father goes above and beyond.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Biggins:

Wiltfong:

They definitely did blow together with Sean and Jacob doing lines together
    The provider and the playa.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

God could you imagine if Petersen took the USC job.... recruiting would have been on another level for him
    Tell those guys on the usc boreds. They love being reminded that they could have crushed the west coast for two decades or until Peterman retired.

Thanks be to Allah to Saint Haden.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I imagine him being a two way player if by some miracle UW lands him
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Crawfish said:
    Had a good time, respects the program, going to USC.