Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Horace "Bru" McCoy, 2019 5* OLB/WR, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (LOL)

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why couldn't he be more like Julius Irvin? Oh right, because we develop DBs but not WRs. Fucking Lubick.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Post Bru update

LOL, can't wait to see the standings after heimuli/turner commit, and Ford and/or Puka leave, what a shit show for usc
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019
    bigcc said:

Post Bru update

LOL, can't wait to see the standings after heimuli/turner commit, and Ford and/or Puka leave, what a shit show for usc
    If UW can get Heimuli, Puka and Turner, and Oregon can get Ford, both classes will be just outside the top 5 in the nation
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    bigcc said:

Post Bru update

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc
    Don’t count your Doogs before they pen to pape’
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

Post Bru update

If UW can get Heimuli, Puka and Turner, and Oregon can get Ford, both classes will be just outside the top 5 in the nation
    If UW adds Heimuli, Nacua, and Turner, their Composite Score (SORRY SWAYE!!!!!!) would be 258.23. That would be good for 14th in the country.

If UO adds Ford, their Composite Score would be 284.68. That would be good enough for 5th in the country.

Per Composite Score, Oregon is still much higher ranked.

That said I wouldn't trade classes and feel UW has some undervalued players. But I'm a Doog so you know.

Are the final ratings out? Would have to imagine puka/heimuli get a bump as co-mvps, turner as well with the int
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    God 247 is fucking garbage. I don't know what the fuck they're doing coming up with these ratings but you'd think 4-star offensive and defensive lineman would be weighted more than 4-star receivers in the point totals for the class rankings. Bigger bodies are harder to find and the most talented ones are the hardest positions to recruit. The O-line, D-line, and QB positions decide wins and losses more than the other positions. If they were weighted correctly, UW's class would rightfully be ranked above Oregon's. It's getting annoying at this point how overrated their class is. I wouldn't even rank it in the top-15.

UW handed them Delgado and Pittman on a silver platter by passing on those guys so they could hopefully get better guys down the road. Ford and Nacua are those better guys. If either or both of them don't go to SC they better be going to UW or else it's egg on UW's face for passing on Pittman and Delgado.

We will likely finish with the best class in the conference but won't be rewarded for it by the rankings and at best will finish #2 behind Oregon's shit class.

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

God 247 is fucking garbage. I don't know what the fuck they're doing coming up with these ratings but you'd think 4-star offensive and defensive lineman would be weighted more than 4-star receivers in the point totals for the class rankings. Bigger bodies are harder to find and the most talented ones are the hardest positions to recruit. The O-line, D-line, and QB positions decide wins and losses more than the other positions. If they were weighted correctly, UW's class would rightfully be ranked above Oregon's. It's getting annoying at this point how overrated their class is. I wouldn't even rank it in the top-15.

UW handed them Delgado and Pittman on a silver platter by passing on those guys so they could hopefully get better guys down the road. Ford and Nacua are those better guys. If either or both of them don't go to SC they better be going to UW or else it's egg on UW's face for passing on Pittman and Delgado.

We will likely finish with the best class in the conference but won't be rewarded for it by the rankings and at best will finish #2 behind Oregon's shit class.

It's all about the stars brother!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TommySQC said:

Good friend of mine we having this discussion yesterday. Would anyone swap classes with Oregon right now? Not to say they haven't recruited very well and have some nice pieces, but I love UW's OL and DL. Just holes at WR, TE and RB
    I know some people that would
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

TommySQC said:

Good friend of mine we having this discussion yesterday. Would anyone swap classes with Oregon right now? Not to say they haven't recruited very well and have some nice pieces, but I love UW's OL and DL. Just holes at WR, TE and RB
    I know some people that would
    Here?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

bigcc said:

Post Bru update

If UW adds Heimuli, Nacua, and Turner, their Composite Score (SORRY SWAYE!!!!!!) would be 258.23. That would be good for 14th in the country.

If UO adds Ford, their Composite Score would be 284.68. That would be good enough for 5th in the country.

Per Composite Score, Oregon is still much higher ranked.

That said I wouldn't trade classes and feel UW has some undervalued players. But I'm a Doog so you know.

When considering rankings, one thing I look at is the importance of the positions. For example, the quality of our DLs (including DEs and Bralen Trice) makes this class under-rated.

D-line is simply more important than any other position, IMO. Other schools may rank higher because they rank higher at other positions. For example, oregon has 3 4-star WRs, but on the D-line they have 1 5-star (thibodeaux), a 4-star and a couple 3 stars.

They kicked our ass in WR recruiting, but because we smashed them on the D-line, I would in NO WAY trade places with them.