Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rank the Pac-12 Coaches

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After Pete, Wittingham, and Shaw, the quality of coaches in the Pac-12 falls off a cliff in a HURRY

Helton is a major question mark, but as dumpster fire bad as the Pac-12 South is this year, if SC doesn't have it wrapped up by the beginning of November something went very wrong for them.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    Interesting logic from some on here. Guy goes 6-18 in his first two years on the job and he's a top 4 coach in the conference. Other guy goes 6-18 in his first two years on the job, but then wins every national COTY award and the P12 South in year 4/the most recent year and he's a shit coach who is solidly in the bottom half of coaches in the conference.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017

Interesting logic from some on here. Guy goes 6-18 in his first two years on the job and he's a top 4 coach in the conference. Other guy goes 6-18 in his first two years on the job, but then wins every national COTY award and the P12 South in year 4/the most recent year and he's a shit coach who is solidly in the bottom half of coaches in the conference.

You forgot, and got plungered in his last two games and promptly loses his DC that made his shit team decent.

And you have a lot to learn about this shithole if you think we're impressed by subjective bullshit COY awards. We're all Ty Willingham battered wives, after all.

That said, I would rank Mc somewhere in the middle third of this shit tier conference.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Whoosh.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    dnc said:

You forgot, and got plungered in his last two games and promptly loses his DC that made his shit team decent.

And you have a lot to learn about this shithole if you think we're impressed by subjective bullshit COY awards. We're all Ty Willingham battered wives, after all.

That said, I would rank Mc somewhere in the middle third of this shit tier conference.
    I'm more puzzled by the Andersen love than the Mac hate. Skepticism of Mac is understandable. Praise of Andersen is bizarre.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

'Member when you guys thought Anderson was a top 4 coach in the conference? I 'member.

WTFAY?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

Holy dreckfest batman this is harder to do after 1-4 than I thought. For me:

1. Petersen

2. Shaw
    3. Whittingham

4. Andersen
    5. Helton
    6. Leach
    7. Graham
    8. MacIntyre
    9. Mora
    10. Rodriguez
    11. Taggart
    12. Wilcox

Rallying after 1-3 for Helton last year wasn't easy. I probably like Andersen more than most here. MacIntyre I am skeptical can sustain anything, and they got pasted down the stretch. RichRod doesn't give two fucks anymore.

Peterman
    Whittingham
    Helton

Dreck
    Looks like I'm still right.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

'Member when you guys thought Anderson was a top 4 coach in the conference? I 'member.

A worthy bump although my post was sarcasm, I swear!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I honestly have nothing against rich rod.

He clearly just doesn't give a fuck. Recruit a bunch of 2 stars before the season and coast the rest of the year without recruiting while raking in millions of dollars.

Because if I'm a coach I would fucking hate recruiting. Imagine dealing with btp all year long and having to kiss his ass.

The funny part is he's had some decent recruiting classes (partially because you can by loading up on three stars from Fresno and Texas who never even pan out).

He's a top 40% coach who knows football will always be number two at U of A. He know they probably peaked in 2014 with the Party Bowl. This school hasn't made a Rose Bowl in 40 years. I'm surprised he didn't jump to South Carolina a few years ago.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I honestly have nothing against rich rod.

He clearly just doesn't give a fuck. Recruit a bunch of 2 stars before the season and coast the rest of the year without recruiting while raking in millions of dollars.

Because if I'm a coach I would fucking hate recruiting. Imagine dealing with btp all year long and having to kiss his ass.

The funny part is he's had some decent recruiting classes (partially because you can by loading up on three stars from Fresno and Texas who never even pan out).

He's a top 40% coach who knows football will always be number two at U of A. He know they probably peaked in 2014 with the Party Bowl. This school hasn't made a Rose Bowl in 40 years. I'm surprised he didn't jump to South Carolina a few years ago.
    He knows he can't coach at the SEC level.