Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rank the Pac-12 Coaches

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

Holy dreckfest batman this is harder to do after 1-4 than I thought. For me:

1. Petersen

2. Shaw
    3. Whittingham

4. Andersen
    5. Helton
    6. Leach
    7. Graham
    8. MacIntyre
    9. Mora
    10. Rodriguez
    11. Taggart
    12. Wilcox

Rallying after 1-3 for Helton last year wasn't easy. I probably like Andersen more than most here. MacIntyre I am skeptical can sustain anything, and they got pasted down the stretch. RichRod doesn't give two fucks anymore.

Peterman
    Whittingham
    Helton

Dreck
    Helton?!?! Are you out of your fucking mind?
    He won a Rose Bowl and popped off with Sark's dreck.
    GTFO. The amount of fucking talent at USC is fucking stupid. It is a fucking crime that they did not win a fucking natty last year.
    He did go David Shaw fucking stupid last year by picking Brownesocks over Darnold, but Alabama had way more talent A WAY BETTER S&C PROGRAM than USC.
    Crisp!
    Agree.

I should demote Helton for keeping Ivan Lewis around
    I think we all can agree to that. I guess that applies to peterman too because he has babushak on staff and gave him a pay raise.
    Guess I'm just a fool, but what's the hate for Bhonapa on this bored stemming from?? Also Andersen over rich rod and Mac all day. Beavs are getting better/ will beat ducks again this year....
    Your post is meh, but your handle and avatar are strong.

STAY for now
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2017
    Hmm I'd say about the second he fucked your wife and proceeded to shit all over her .... Or was that swaye?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

1. Shaw
    2. Peterman

No one else on the list has coached long enough or done enough during their tenure to matter.

Here is how shitty the conference is; the guy at #2 has one good year. The guy at #1 only has three conference titles.

Since 2009 only four coaches have won the conference. One left to be a terrible NFL coach, the other was a terrible coach.

Shit conference, shit coaches. Except for Chip.

Good Christ... what steaming pile of shit poaster.
    Fixed

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I honestly have nothing against rich rod.

He clearly just doesn't give a fuck. Recruit a bunch of 2 stars before the season and coast the rest of the year without recruiting while raking in millions of dollars.

Because if I'm a coach I would fucking hate recruiting. Imagine dealing with btp all year long and having to kiss his ass.

I would kill myself.
  • Options

Don't think I'm drunk enough to show my true colors. I'll do everything I can to earn my stripes boobs. Also for everyone's info I truly hate backthepack (more than life itself) and jhfstyle. Although it seems you guys ran the latter off thankfully

Chinned for hating me.
    Almosted wtfed for kissing baabies ass
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Truly your very best effort!
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Truly your very best effort!

Maybe I'll slink off into the night never to be seen again
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Well this thread fucking sucks now.

LEAVE!
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Well this thread fucking sucks now.

LEAVE!

Now?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2017
    The Don James - I Have a Chance to Win a National Title in the PAC While Not at USC/UCLA Tier

Chris Petersen

Pete's easily the most accomplished coach in the PAC12 right now ... his dominance at Boise coupled with his strong turnaround of the toxic Sark culture in the UW program, shifting it to conference championship caliber in 2016, and then shifting in focus once again to get to a national level after playing Alabama is the kick in the ass the Dawgfather had in the mid to late 1980s. To have all of that done and in place after Year 3 while still looking at the program as a stock that you'd still feel very comfortable buying its upside is the definition of elite.

The Terry Donahue - I'm Not Terrible But Really Not Elite Tier

David Shaw

I'll be surprised if Shaw will ever get another QB as good as Andrew Luck ... and let's be honest, he shitted those years away as he focused on pounding the rock versus utilizing his best player. This will likely be a bigger discussion on a Summer edition of the TSIO podcast when looking into Stanford and the direction of their program as a whole, but to say that Stanford is a step behind UW at this point and on the 3-5 year arc of a program isn't a stretch. You can see some parallels between the Vermeil/Donahue arc at UCLA and the Harbaugh/Shaw arc at Stanford. You can definitely argue that Shaw's 1st 3 teams lived off of Harbaugh's recruiting. Since then, in 2 of the next 3 years, Shaw has thrown up a 5-4 and 6-3 in conference record. When you look at last year's 6-3, that included a drubbing by UW, a drubbing by WSU, and an ugly 10-5 defeat to Colorado.

The PAC12 Football Version of Gregg Marshall Tier - Elite (or close to) But Unlikely To Ever Win Big at Current Location

Kyle Wittingham

He's a really good coach ... his resume prior to Utah reaching the PAC12 in the MWC was solid including an undefeated season that culminated with beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. The transition to the PAC12 his first 3 seasons was rough and has been a bit better since then. He's won 9 or more games in 7 of his 12 seasons. I'm not sure how successful he'll be at Utah in terms of maximizing their potential because they still haven't completely unlocked the recruiting pipeline of being in the PAC12 and I'm not sure they will. While Utah has produced solid OL/DL units in the PAC12, they are largely lacking in the passing game (both QBs/WRs). The elite local guys even on the lines are hit and miss to staying home. Until they can keep the local guys home (just in last year's class they lost Jay Tuefele to USC and Ty Jones to UW ... and that doesn't even factor in BYU guys) and find a way to get solid QBs/WRs out of either SoCal or pull in from Texas, they'll always be a step behind in the PAC12. As @89ute mentioned, having Wittingham at a place like USC would scare the living shit out of me from a UW perspective.

The I'm Different Than Everybody Else So Go Fuck Off Tier

Mike Leach

Say what you want about him ... but he's consistently above average. He's quirky. He's different. He's a nut job. He's also in the perfect location for what he does. His offense is different and because of it's long term success he's guaranteed to get competent QBs and WRs to be interested in WSU. He'll also never win big at the elite levels because there are too many little details of the game that matter that he doesn't give 2 shits about. The fact that he's a Top 5 coach in the conference tells you how shitty the caliber of coaching is in the conference at the moment.

The Larry Coker/Gene Chizik Being In the Right Place at the Right Time Tier

Clay Helton

He's got talent. He's going to live off the bump that he has for the short term to deliver some solid recruiting classes. There's plenty of examples of questionable to downright head scratching results to leave you really wondering from the debacle against Alabama to starting Max Browne ahead of Sam Darnold to giving up TDs on 7 straight possessions in the Rose Bowl to not being smart enough to realize that Ivan Lewis is a shit S&C coach to allowing yourself to get punched in the face by one of your players (allegedly) to having a career resume that in no way, shape, or form shows that he's ready to be a success head coach. As @Dennis_DeYoung can't help but point out any chance that he gets ... but USC for all the hype that they are getting didn't even win their division last year. Given the general dreck in the conference and in particular the South he'll be able to throw great results up and fool everybody for years. I also expect that UW will likely win 2 out of every 3 games against USC while Helton is there ... I'm not worried about Clay Helton ... and neither should you.

The Hugh Freeze You're Suspect Tier

Gary Andersen
    Mike MacIntyre

I actually think Andersen is a good coach. There's evidence that suggests that he should be higher. I don't have anything against him going from Utah State to Wisconsin ... that move makes sense. Going from Wisconsin to Oregon State? I'm really struggling to see the logic there. I get that by all accounts Barry Alvarez is a jackass to work for. But Oregon State fucking sucks. The only job in the PAC12 that it is in competition with for worst job in the conference is Washington State. My gut says that as soon as he turns Oregon State around he'll hop to somewhere else.

MacIntyre I don't think is a terrible coach. Colorado was a dumpster fire when he got there. He turned around the program at San Jose State (not a great job) and delivered a 10 win season and then turned in a miracle season at Colorado. They are likely at a stable point now where they shouldn't go too far backwards and be bowl eligible for a while. The problem though is that anybody that has followed the story regarding their defensive coach that had a domestic violence situation and how MacIntyre and the University appears to have handled it makes one seriously question how long he has left in the job either by his own choice or the decision made for him.

The Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Man's Version of Chip Kelly Tier

Dick Rod

He was once innovative ... he took a big boy job at Michigan that was a bad fit from the start ... he went to a better fit in Arizona and while having some initial results is in a spot where the program may or may not be in a complete free fall. There's probably reason to wonder whether or not he's got the fire in him any more. The 2014 season where they won the South and lost to Boise in the Fiesta Bowl is an outlier in his 5 seasons in Arizona as the other 4 seasons resulted in below .500 records in conference. Like Chip, Dick Rod's offenses are no longer innovative and defenses by and large are now built to stop exactly those kinds of offenses. Another example of a how is he actually this high on the list coach.

The I Wish I Had Dick Rod's Resume Tier

Todd Graham

Like Dick Rod, he's hopped around the country from Rice to Tulsa to Pitt to Arizona State. Like Dick Rod, he's had past success. Like Dick Rod, he's been trending downward. Graham won the South in 2013 with a 8-1 conference record. Since then, Graham's conference record has been 6-3, 4-5, and 2-7. Yikes. We're two thirds of the way through the dreck of the South coaches.

The I Make The 8 UCLA Football Fans Long for Karl Dorrell and Rick Neuheisel Tier

Jim Mora

We have enough evidence at this point to conclude that Mora's really not a good coach. He got worse each of his 3 years in Atlanta. He lasted one season 5-11 season with the 12s.

He benefited from Slick Rick redshirting Brett Hundley to winning the South in his first year in 2012 with a 6-3 conference record. He's basically the LA version of Sark in that his conference record with UCLA has been 6-3, 6-3, 6-3, 5-4, and 2-7.

If the running joke about your teams is that you are soft ... that's not a positive. If you move your pre-season training camps to make your team TUFFER ... that's amusing. If you move your pre-season training camp back on campus because that TUFFER training camp thing wasn't working ... that's evidence of how clueless you are regarding holding people accountable and the culture that you've established. That there's a long standing joke about when you and your program will fully implode ... that's why you're 10th in my standings. That there are two clowns below you in the rankings is pathetic.

The I'm Trying to Out-Sark Sark in Free Pub Tier

Willie T

I'm calling for @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi to completely fact check this and add/subtract to this list for Willie T since being hired at Oregon ...

Hired S&C Coach ...

First Week of Offseason S&C 3 players end up in the hospital with serious/critical situations

S&C Coach Suspended for 30 Days

S&C Coach Fired

During a recruiting weekend, Asst Coach gets pulled over for a DUI (another assistant coach was in the car with him) ...

DUI coach gets fired

Filled out entire coaching staff (save Jim Leavitt) with recruiters ... thank you Uncle Phil and your checkbook

Tells a reporter that you won't talk to him going forward because of his story about S&C coach

Didn't go visit any of the players in serious/critical situations

It wouldn't shock me if Oregon in the next 2-3 years actually passes Stanford ... but he's a fool ... his program is going to absolutely implode at some point ... it's going to be fun to watch.

The Keith Gilbertson How Did He Get a Head Coaching Gig in the PAC ... Oh That's Right It's Cal Tier

Justin Wilcox

Need I say more?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Need I say more?

No. You need to say less. Much, much, much less.
    Disagree