Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fun with Twitter Stalking, Matt Lubick Edition: Top Targets Revealed

In my latest TBS stalking edition on twitter I ran into some interesting tidbits. One of them is that Matt Lubick is exactly what we thought he was, a recruiting dynamo. He has been, by far, the most active coach on twitter for us with following recruits and such.

But what has really impressed me is that he is even following kids out of his position and from all over our recruiting territories. I expect him to be used all over, not just as a WR recruiter. Which is very good news.

Looking for patterns in my twitter stalking is always one of my favorite activities. And there was a very clear pattern presented early this week by Lubick. Lubick had been following mostly WR's, anywhere from the 2018 class to the 2020 class, and then threw in a few random out of position recruits over the course of the last month.

But early this week he had a batch of 8 follows (all in the course of a few minutes) that really stood out to me. Here is who he followed in that time:

Chris Murray, MJ Ale, Jack Lamb, Tre'Shaun Harrison, Jevon Holland, Draco Bynum, Tuli Letuligase, and Zion Tupuola-Fetui.

None of these recruits are WR's, all of them have UW offers, all were followed by Lubick in the span of minutes. This tells me that these are likely are top, realistic uncommitted targets as of today as designated by the coaches.

On a personal note: I hate any coach that follows recruits that have zero chance of ever even playing football past high school. I hate these coaches with a passion. Not naming names, but they are Jordan Paopao and Jonathan Smith.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In my latest TBS stalking edition on twitter I ran into some interesting tidbits. One of them is that Matt Lubick is exactly what we thought he was, a recruiting dynamo. He has been, by far, the most active coach on twitter for us with following recruits and such.

But what has really impressed me is that he is even following kids out of his position and from all over our recruiting territories. I expect him to be used all over, not just as a WR recruiter. Which is very good news.

Looking for patterns in my twitter stalking is always one of my favorite activities. And there was a very clear pattern presented early this week by Lubick. Lubick had been following mostly WR's, anywhere from the 2018 class to the 2020 class, and then threw in a few random out of position recruits over the course of the last month.

But early this week he had a batch of 8 follows (all in the course of a few minutes) that really stood out to me. Here is who he followed in that time:

Chris Murray, MJ Ale, Jack Lamb, Tre'Shaun Harrison, Jevon Holland, Draco Bynum, Tuli Letuligase, and Zion Tupuola-Fetui.

None of these recruits are WR's, all of them have UW offers, all were followed by Lubick in the span of minutes. This tells me that these are likely are top, realistic uncommitted targets as of today as designated by the coaches.

On a personal note: I hate any coach that follows recruits that have zero chance of ever even playing football past high school. I hate these coaches with a passion. Not naming names, but they are Jordan Paopao and Jonathan Smith.

None of those kids are from Oregon either except Bynum.

Lubick appears to have moved ahead of Lake as our greatest recruiter. I love that we're unleashing him on our top targets since his WR class is locked in. I'm extremely optimistic for this class based on the commits we already have, Lubick's presence and the fact our second and third recruiters (Lake and Gregory) haven't done anything yet. I think this class is going to be a monster.

Coker, is this about how you see our coaches as recruiters?

Lubick
    Lake

Gregory

Boner poppa
    Kwiatkowski
    Malloe
    Huff

PaoPao
    Smith
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

All those guys (not sure about Murray) were also on campus recently so the twitter follow is indicative of personal connections on those visits.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

None of those kids are from Oregon either except Bynum.

Lubick appears to have moved ahead of Lake as our greatest recruiter. I love that we're unleashing him on our top targets since his WR class is locked in. I'm extremely optimistic for this class based on the commits we already have, Lubick's presence and the fact our second and third recruiters (Lake and Gregory) haven't done anything yet. I think this class is going to be a monster.

Coker, is this about how you see our coaches as recruiters?

Lubick
    Lake

Gregory

Boner poppa
    Kwiatkowski
    Malloe
    Huff

PaoPao
    Smith
    I'd bump Paopao up above Malloe. He has stepped up his game recently. TE recruits actually mention him when they talk about UW now and saying they established a relationship with him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Speaking of TBS analytics, how far out is the TSIO out from having the "big board" of recruiting posted?

TBD, I am just going to say that @Tequilla ruined it.

Honestly, it has been a lot of work, time, and effort and we are still working on it. And there is no fucking pay, haha.
    Do you want me to venmo my $10.95?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Speaking of TBS analytics, how far out is the TSIO out from having the "big board" of recruiting posted?

Honestly, it has been a lot of work, time, and effort and we are still working on it. And there is no fucking pay, haha.
    so why not develop a partnership model with our dear leader where the Recruiting Bored is subscriber only and you set the same price for all subscribers and dear leader cuts you in for a certain percentage?
  • Options

Meek said:

so why not develop a partnership model with our dear leader where the Recruiting Bored is subscriber only and you set the same price for all subscribers and dear leader cuts you in for a certain percentage?
    Dawgman 2.0
    yes, but cooler.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This is random but do you have a read on Hufunga?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Toughest guy to read based off twitter in this cycle.

He is the most followed recruit on our bored though by our coaches.
  • Options

He hasn't really mentioned us at all, I don't have a good feeling but I do like that we have Lubick and Lake on him.
  • Options
    dnc said:

He hasn't really mentioned us at all, I don't have a good feeling but I do like that we have Lubick and Lake on him.
    Who has he mentioned?
  • Options

dnc said:

Who has he mentioned?
    From his interview Friday with Huffman:
    "I talk a lot with a few coaches from Nebraska, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, Michigan, Notre Dame and California," said Hufanga.

And a few other schools that haven't offered are talking to Hufanga and could join that list.

"I'm hearing from LSU, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Mississippi and Virginia," said Hufanga.

While Hufanga didn't have a dream school growing up, he did say there was one school in particular he watched.

"Growing up, I guess my favorite school was USC, but I never did have a dream school," said Hufanga.

Hufanga has visited hometown Oregon State already this spring.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Who has he mentioned?
    From his interview Friday with Huffman:
    "I talk a lot with a few coaches from Nebraska, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, Michigan, Notre Dame and California," said Hufanga.

And a few other schools that haven't offered are talking to Hufanga and could join that list.

"I'm hearing from LSU, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Mississippi and Virginia," said Hufanga.

While Hufanga didn't have a dream school growing up, he did say there was one school in particular he watched.

"Growing up, I guess my favorite school was USC, but I never did have a dream school," said Hufanga.

Hufanga has visited hometown Oregon State already this spring.
    Oh SC, he gone.
  • Options

Meek said:

The problem with a successful revolution is that the erstwhile revolutionaries become as corrupted by their new-found power as the dictators they deposed were in their time.

And so the cycle continues.
    yeah, well i guess i don't see the point of some of us who pay a lot and others pay a bit and even more pay jack shit.

otherwise i might as well just be a cheap shit like you.