Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 instate OL to keep an eye on

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cole Thomas makes molasses look like John Ross.

Sounds like a great replacement for the continent
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I want Davidson bad. He will be one that we regret if we don't land him. Who cares if he 6'1" or 6', college is different. Idc if hes a pro prospect, I care about perform for UW prospects, and he will be good. If he goes to Stanford and is all pac two times then someone better bump this
  • Options
    dumpsterchairdumpsterchair Member Posts: 62
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic Name Dropper

I want Davidson bad. He will be one that we regret if we don't land him. Who cares if he 6'1" or 6', college is different. Idc if hes a pro prospect, I care about perform for UW prospects, and he will be good. If he goes to Stanford and is all pac two times then someone better bump this

It does look like Stanford is interested as is Cal and WSU apparently. I doubt anyone could compete other than Stanford in that field. I will say I have seen him and Kalepo compete side by side and Davidson is the better lineman but Kalepo likely has the higher upside. They both got lineman MVP at NW Elite. Kids a stud and you don't start for four years on a team like Richland without being a serious competitor and driven. That said, I'm sure UW, now that they can recruit nationally, is being selective here.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

It does look like Stanford is interested as is Cal and WSU apparently. I doubt anyone could compete other than Stanford in that field. I will say I have seen him and Kalepo compete side by side and Davidson is the better lineman but Kalepo likely has the higher upside. They both got lineman MVP at NW Elite. Kids a stud and you don't start for four years on a team like Richland without being a serious competitor and driven. That said, I'm sure UW, now that they can recruit nationally, is being selective here.
    is he mobile as nick harris used to be?
  • Options
    I have watched Harris' HS film before and would say Davidson is more mobile, Harris is more aggressive. They were/ are both DTs as well which is good.
  • Options
    Tom Lemming seems to feel this guys a solid recruit and UW appears to agree. And I agree with Lemming in that he could be a 4 star this time next year. So could Elder.

• Options
    Cole Thomas vs Juanita No where near as fast/ mobile as Elder and Davison but getting better, IMO.

Aric Davison vs Kennewick He is really starting to play nasty.

Bailey Elder vs Spanaway Man, this kid can move for his size. He has to have invested some serious time in mobility this off-season.

Nathaniel Kalepo no film (forfeit)- Saw him at the Fresno state game though, good grief that kid is massive and getting bigger.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Cole Thomas vs Juanita No where near as fast/ mobile as Elder and Davison but getting better, IMO.

Bailey Elder vs Spanaway Man, this kid can move for his size. He has to have invested some serious time in mobility this off-season.

Nathaniel Kalepo no film (forfeit)- Saw him at the Fresno state game though, good grief that kid is massive and getting bigger.

Pancaking ppl on the extra point is always special.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Davison is a nasty kid.

Also - fuck, what did I just see? Is that good film from Cole Thomas?!!? That was impressive.

A lot of these young, rich and white kids are late developers... His power has really improved. You don't see him run around much in that film, but he looks pretty god damn good.
  • Options

A lot of these young, rich and white kids are late developers... His power has really improved. You don't see him run around much in that film, but he looks pretty god damn good.

The first part of that sentence might get you on Chris Hansen's radar. I agree though, Thomas is starting to look good. I still don't think he projects as a UW player but could still play Pac-12 if he keeps improving.

Davison is looking mean and athletic and I love the fact he plays defense (and plays it well apparently). I am wondering, due to his size, if he might morph into a D-line recruit. Kid is fast and can move laterally well.

I am still convinced there are things behind the scenes that are preventing Elder from getting some early offers. Kid is good, large and mobile.
  • Options
    SlmdawgSlmdawg Member Posts: 94
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Anyone know why Kalepo's (Rainier Beach) opponent Franklin forfeited?
  • Options
    Slmdawg said:

Corey Dillon didn't show up for the game.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Slmdawg said:

Corey Dillon didn't show up for the game.
    He ain't here to play school
  • Options
    Elder continues to look good but you can tell his previous opponents are probably freshman or sophomores in many cases. Bonney Lake had better athletes than he is use to I think.

Davison may wind up being a DL recruit at some point although I still think he projects better as a nasty center. His opponents are less than impressive as well so it will be interesting to see how well he does when he is deep in the playoffs against some solid players.

Kalepo's film this week is, well, less than impressive and should help folks understand why he might not be the best OL on his team even though he is a 4 star recruit and projects well.
  • Options
    SlmdawgSlmdawg Member Posts: 94
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Elder continues to look good but you can tell his previous opponents are probably freshman or sophomores in many cases. Bonney Lake had better athletes than he is use to I think.

Davison may wind up being a DL recruit at some point although I still think he projects better as a nasty center. His opponents are less than impressive as well so it will be interesting to see how well he does when he is deep in the playoffs against some solid players.

Kalepo's film this week is, well, less than impressive and should help folks understand why he might not be the best OL on his team even though he is a 4 star recruit and projects well.

Bonney Lake is known for clock control on offense and great defensive effort. They have guys up front. That's how they've surprised a couple of opponents and made it to the state quarterfinals over the past couple of years
  • Options
    Stop fucking talking about HS football. NOGAF how they play in HS games and REALLY NOGAF about WA HSFB. It's about film y'all.