Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Darien Chase, 2019 4* CB, Vancouver (Union), WA (Offered 4/30)

Comments

• Options
    SportBlueBallSportBlueBall Member Posts: 14
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I thought this day would never cum
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

This offer is a little overdue. He prefers to play WR, but the the coaching staff was initially (I don't know about now) leaning CB. I like this because I'm concerned about where Criddell stands. Thomas Graham is constantly pressuring him to go to Oregon.

The offer is a win-win. If Criddell goes to Oregon, then Chase provides great insurance, and if Chase picks Oregon, then it just takes up another spot in Oregon's secondary. Both are good prospects, but I would rather have Criddell.

I like our chances with Chase. He has a white dad.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    elord821 said:

This offer is a little overdue. He prefers to play WR, but the the coaching staff was initially (I don't know about now) leaning CB. I like this because I'm concerned about where Criddell stands. Thomas Graham is constantly pressuring him to go to Oregon.

The offer is a win-win. If Criddell goes to Oregon, then Chase provides great insurance, and if Chase picks Oregon, then it just takes up another spot in Oregon's secondary. Both are good prospects, but I would rather have Criddell.

I like our chances with Chase. He has two white dads.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Per Eklund:
    “"Coach (Matt) Lubick and coach (Jimmy) Lake were at our morning workout and they stayed and watched the whole thing," Chase told Dawgman.com. "Afterwards, they called me on the phone and they said they were offering me because they like the way I play and they said the only reason they hadn't offered earlier was because they hadn't seen me in person yet."”

Really? Haven’t made the rounds to watch in state kids play/workout yet?

Per Eklund:
    “"Coach (Matt) Lubick and coach (Jimmy) Lake were at our morning workout and they stayed and watched the whole thing," Chase told Dawgman.com. "Afterwards, they called me on the phone and they said they were offering me because they like the way I play and they said the only reason they hadn't offered earlier was because they hadn't seen me in person yet."”

Have you been to Vancouver WA?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AIRWOLF said:
    Maybe that's why we haven't offered as many guys in state yet.
    What's the connection between Lubick and offering late? I don't remember him slowballing dudes last year.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Per Eklund:

Per Eklund:

Technically Union HS is in Camas WA.

Literally adds nothing to this conversation but just thought I’d educate you northern Washingtonians.
    Suburban Portland Superiority Guy
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2018
    Fixed

Suburban Southwest Washington Superiority Guy
    AIRWOLF said:

Per Eklund:

Per Eklund:

Literally adds nothing to this conversation but just thought I’d educate you northern Washingtonians.
    Suburban Portland Superiority Guy
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fuck that! Have you ever been to Dayton WA?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Well, that was one of the quickest flips in Cristoballs I've seen.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Spoonfeed?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like a guy that wants to be developed.
  • Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    elord821 said:

I like our chances with Chase. He has a white mom.

Pic of his mom or GTFO
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Per Eklund:

Per Eklund:

Yes but the surrounding neighborhoods that feed into Union are mainly in unincorporated Clark County.

Plus Camas proper would never accept Union as one of them. Papermakers or fuck off. State champs. With a coach who is a lot like Pete.
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Every football coach at Union High in Camas is a huge Oregon Duck fan. Not good.