Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hop says fuck a rebuild.... he's taking over!

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

There was a lot of WDWHA in the Dickerson thread, but him staying might keep us from being 100% complete shit next season. Good sign that Hopkins was able to change his mind (assuming the rumor wasn't bullshit).

They all might be players under a decent fundamentals first coach. Hard to crucify any of those players under Romar. LIPO, they will be juniors next year playing for a coach how teaches, no rolls the ball out
    That's the thing. If Hopkins is a great "coach" (Romar was a very poor "coach"), things could get in stride very quickly. His roster will, in part, likely consist of the following:
    Thybulle - Jr
    Dickerson - Jr
    Green - Jr
    Crisp - Jr
    Timmons - Soph.

All those guyd suvked last year but they were all rated as 4 star kids out of high school by at least some of the TBS sites. That's not to say they were all deserving of it, but we do know that the coaching they have received has been absolute dog shit. Two things will determine if this thing gets back on track

1- Is Hopkins actually a good coach and developer of talent?

2- Did 2 years under Romar make these kids broken as basketball players?
    I still think Williams Goss proved with good coaching, this talent can make a leap in productivity.
    Williams Goss was good at UW. I don't think he improved any significantly greater amount at GU than I would have expected him to in two more years at UW. Romar could develop guards fine if he could get them to stick around.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2017
    Hop looks like a nerd patrol commander. I give him 5 years. Expect Mike Stoops type, ref-lobbying, court-side breakdowns every other game.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Mike "Taggart" Hopkins?

He's gonna cut the heads off the snakes!
    The white husky is a devious animal.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    priapism said:

Hop looks like a nerd patrol commander. I give him 5 years. Expect Mike Stoops type, ref-lobbying, court-side breakdowns every other game.

You hated the Peterman hire, too, correct?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I love it so far. Dont' say that you're here to take over though, and then put up a Romar-like season. You better fucking be competitive if not really good by day 1 or you look like a faggot for saying this shit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Basnight is comical at this point ... he can't give a single rationale reason to support his opinion other than he knows better than others ...

I'd enjoy watching him and Jason Churchill have a disagreement
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Basnight is comical at this point ... he can't give a single rationale reason to support his opinion other than he knows better than others ...

I'd enjoy watching him and Jason Churchill have a disagreement

Churchill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Basnight
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    MelloDawg said:

Basnight, as is the case with so many Romar supporters, cites lack of talent, experience and depth while conveniently omitting the fact the lack of those 3 things is Romar's fault to begin with.

Not sure what his endgame is. No one cares that he's on a campaign to expose Cohen's ineptitude, no one knows who he is.

I still don't know who he is either. Mods?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm just glad there was no footage of Hop teaching the team how to run an inbounds play. Definitely would've made a mess in my sweatpants
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I'm just glad there was no footage of Hop teaching the team how to run an inbounds play. Definitely would've made a mess in my sweatpants

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/849698239108583424
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    "I learned how to foul when up 3 with seconds left". Holy shit,