Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hop says fuck a rebuild.... he's taking over!

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited April 2017 in Payton's Place

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    There was a lot of WDWHA in the Dickerson thread, but him staying might keep us from being 100% complete shit next season. Good sign that Hopkins was able to change his mind (assuming the rumor wasn't bullshit).
  • Options
    edited April 2017

There was a lot of WDWHA in the Dickerson thread, but him staying might keep us from being 100% complete shit next season. Good sign that Hopkins was able to change his mind (assuming the rumor wasn't bullshit).

They all might be players under a decent fundamentals first coach. Hard to crucify any of those players under Romar. LIPO, they will be juniors next year playing for a coach how teaches, no rolls the ball out
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    I need to see some players blowing stew before I can tell they've bought in.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I need to see some players blowing hop before I can tell they've bought in.

• Options
  • Options

dnc said:

I need to see some players blowing hop before I can tell they've bought in.

Jason Collins approves this post.
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Mike "Taggart" Hopkins?
  • Options

Mike "Taggart" Hopkins?

He's gonna cut the heads off the snakes!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

They all might be players under a decent fundamentals first coach. Hard to crucify any of those players under Romar. LIPO, they will be juniors next year playing for a coach how teaches, no rolls the ball out
    That's the thing. If Hopkins is a great "coach" (Romar was a very poor "coach"), things could get in stride very quickly. His roster will, in part, likely consist of the following:
    Thybulle - Jr
    Dickerson - Jr
    Green - Jr
    Crisp - Jr
    Timmons - Soph.

All those guyd suvked last year but they were all rated as 4 star kids out of high school by at least some of the TBS sites. That's not to say they were all deserving of it, but we do know that the coaching they have received has been absolute dog shit. Two things will determine if this thing gets back on track

1- Is Hopkins actually a good coach and developer of talent?

2- Did 2 years under Romar make these kids broken as basketball players?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

Mike "Taggart" Hopkins?

He's gonna cut the heads off the snakes!
    The Throbber doesn't like all this talk of cutting heads off snakes.

The Throbbers mighty 4 inches of lumber is fearful.

John Wayne Bobbitt me.
  • Options

That's the thing. If Hopkins is a great "coach" (Romar was a very poor "coach"), things could get in stride very quickly. His roster will, in part, likely consist of the following:
    Thybulle - Jr
    Dickerson - Jr
    Green - Jr
    Crisp - Jr
    Timmons - Soph.

All those guyd suvked last year but they were all rated as 4 star kids out of high school by at least some of the TBS sites. That's not to say they were all deserving of it, but we do know that the coaching they have received has been absolute dog shit. Two things will determine if this thing gets back on track

3 - Will the kids be willing to embrace the culture change?

Petersen was by and large successful taking Sark kids and depussifying them, but even he had #MyPeters basically refuse to get on bored.

Only time will tell how the five you mentioned above will handle the changeover. Though I don't think Green has enough talent to matter.
  • Options
    I'd say Nigel Williams Goss proves it's the former and not the later
    dnc said:

link no work

Huh
  • Options

dnc said:

link no work

Huh
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

link no work

Huh
    Your internet is broken
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

link no work

Huh
    Your internet is broken
    I'd say Nigel Williams Goss proves it's the former and not the later
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Doogles said:

Bassnite in that thread is hilarious. Literally throwing a tantrum he couldn't blow the Porters.

Hopkins could lead UW to the Sweet 16 and Basnight would whine about how we could have won the whole thing if we kept Romar and Porter.
    That's a given ...

I put this out to him as a tweet ... but he literally has absolved Hopkins rim anybimmediate responsibility. If they are good it is because of Romar. If not because Cohen is an idiot
  • Options

Thybulle - Jr
    Dickerson - Jr
    Green - Jr
    Crisp - Jr
    Timmons - Soph.

I still think Williams Goss proved with good coaching, this talent can make a leap in productivity.