Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2 QB's in 2018?

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AlCzervik said:

Holy shit, yeah 8 Crystal Balls for him to UW today... Hmmmmm

It's up to 10 now.
    Yankoff is the better, more advanced QB. It's as simple as that and I have thought that since I first saw his Hudl. He can run too. The running ability is what it makes it a no brainer imo.

Yankoff has produced monster games against Folsom and Camas. Sirmon has mostly shit the bed facing great competition.

Being able to make all the throws is one thing. Yankoff can as well, plus he's more accurate and a much better runner.

Some were mocked for saying they were unimpressed when they saw Sirmon in person. There was obviously "some" legitimacy to those complaints. That doesn't mean Sirmon isn't a big time prospect.

This is a huge get. It's a very cuttthroat, championship move by Petersen. I doubt it would have happened unless there was no doubt Yankoff is better. It took big balls to make this move.
  • Options

AlCzervik said:

It's up to 10 now.
    Yankoff is the better, more advanced QB. It's as simple as that and I have thought that since I first saw his Hudl. He can run too. The running ability is what it makes it a no brainer imo.

Yankoff has produced monster games against Folsom and Camas. Sirmon has mostly shit the bed facing great competition.

Being able to make all the throws is one thing. Yankoff can as well, plus he's more accurate and a much better runner.

Some were mocked for saying they were unimpressed when they saw Sirmon in person. There was obviously "some" legitimacy to those complaints. That doesn't mean Sirmon isn't a big time prospect.

This is a huge get. It's a very cuttthroat, championship move by Petersen. I doubt it would have happened unless there was no doubt Yankoff is better. It took big balls to make this move.
    Are you sure Coach Pete is dropping Sirmon? I know Coach Pete has always said if your committed to us than the coaching staff won't go after another for your position.. this would be directly going against his recruiting philosophy.... basically everything he hates about recruiting he would be doing to Sirmon a hometown kid.....
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

AlCzervik said:

It's up to 10 now.

Are you sure Coach Pete is dropping Sirmon? I know Coach Pete has always said if your committed to us than the coaching staff won't go after another for your position.. this would be directly going against his recruiting philosophy.... basically everything he hates about recruiting he would be doing to Sirmon a hometown kid.....
    That is the surprising part about all of this. I'm pretty sure this is happening.

Recruiting "experts" are all predicting Yankoff to UW. Sirmon puts out an omnimous tweet about God having a plan. These two were never going to the same school to compete. Why would they? They are both blue chip prospects with tons of offers.

Things seem to be changing. Strausser was let go. That seemed unfathomable awhile back.

I said while back I don't think Petersen coaches UW for the 10-15 years many do. He's making a sprint towards a championship.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Probably means Jackson is out too I would guess
  • Options

AlCzervik said:

It's up to 10 now.

That is the surprising part about all of this. I'm pretty sure this is happening.

Recruiting "experts" are all predicting Yankoff to UW. Sirmon puts out an omnimous tweet about God having a plan. These two were never going to the same school to compete. Why would they? They are both blue chip prospects with tons of offers.

Things seem to be changing. Strausser was let go. That seemed unfathomable awhile back.

I said while back I don't think Petersen coaches UW for the 10-15 years many do. He's making a sprint towards a championship.
    I just find it hard to believe Petersen would do that to Sirmon and this is everything he hates/loathes about recruiting. Is this what the recruit experts are saying?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

AlCzervik said:

It's up to 10 now.

I just find it hard to believe Petersen would do that to Sirmon and this is everything he hates/loathes about recruiting. Is this what the recruit experts are saying?
    It's however you want to look at it. Pete takes Yankoff's commitment and Sirmon isn't coming.

There is a way for Pete to drop Sirmon without actually dropping him.

I have no idea what any recruiting folk are saying.
  • Options
    @RoadDawg55 yeah i just don't see Pete doing that to Sirmon. This might be naive of me but he would be doing to Sirmon what he expects all his recruits not to do... credibility would take a hit imho.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2017

dnc said:

My theory - Sirmon committed to UW, promised not to take trips. Now Sirmon wants to trip (Louisville?). Pete said "go for it" and offered Yankoff.

Pete would take both but knows Sirmon will sell the couch.

So in thinking all this shit through, one of the things Pete doesn't like is when kids accept and publicize offers from other schools after they commit ( Wedington and Ty Jones did this last year ), and Sirmon has done this ever since he committed to UW.

All of this is so fascinating. Love it.
    personally i think we should take two if they both want to come but that is likely wishful. Probably was going to start visiting schools and they were cold blooded about it.

I have seen Sirmon play a couple of times and physically the dude has a cannon. Not sure how ready he is between the ears or as a playmaker.

Have not seen much of Yankoff but i love the no-bs moves like this. Can't act that way unless you have a backup plan which it appears they do.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    if this was really a response to sirmon talking about taking visits I love it
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Is it possible that Lubick prefers this guy over Sirmon and they trust his evaluation more than babushka? I have no clue just a thought.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Is it possible that Lubick prefers this guy over Sirmon and they trust his evaluation more than babushka? I have no clue just a thought.

I thought that when I saw a Baylor offer on this kid.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I want both.

Whoever wins the competition is going to be a great QB.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    juhsoon said:

dhdawg said:

since we're back in the mode of reading into every 17 year old's tweets sirmon RT'd this
    Also, from the rivals article:
    With the Huskies holding two commitments, Sirmon made it clear he is going no where: "I will compete no matter where I go."
    I'll believe it when it happens. Every coach in the country is now in Sirmon's ear. Long way to go. It can't feel good that the coaches are bringing in another guy in the same class.
  • Options

juhsoon said:

dhdawg said:

since we're back in the mode of reading into every 17 year old's tweets sirmon RT'd this
    Also, from the rivals article:
    With the Huskies holding two commitments, Sirmon made it clear he is going no where: "I will compete no matter where I go."
    I'll believe it when it happens. Every coach in the country is now in Sirmon's ear. Long way to go. It can't feel good that the coaches are bringing in another guy in the same class.

agree. he is going to have a lot people in his ear telling him what to do and it likely does not point to #mydogs