Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Basnight's Twitter

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Apparently I need to have some comments for Mr. Basnight
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Apparently I need to have some comments for Mr. Basnight

The Twitters only allow 140 characters.
    I have my methods and can be direct when I feel like it
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meanwhile, as UW is set to introduce the coach and move forward, Basnight is convinced there was "foul play" in Romar's termination since the course seemed to change relatively abruptly from "he's staying" to "he's leaving."

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    MelloDawg said:

Still going...

Jim Basnight‏ @jimbasnight
    With that, 2017-18 would have been a major story and a deserved comeback for a well loved coach of uncommon decency. But no! Ham Handed Jen!

Jim Basnight‏ @jimbasnight
    I never dreamed that she would listen to advice on basketball that would lead to this blunder. Complete tragedy to do this to Romar.

ill bet she likes ham.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

Markelle Fultz will become the seventh Husky in the past 10 years to be a first-round pick and not play in the NCAA tournament in the year in which he was drafted. Incredibly, no other school in the country had more than two.

Who wouldn't want more of that?

Holy shit that is insane.

Hawes
    Ross
    Wroten
    Wilcox
    Chriss (who's blowing up right now for Phoenix, not sure if anyone has noticed)
    Murray
    Fultz

So that leaves Pondexter as the only first rounder in the last decade who did play in the tourney as a senior, correct? Or am I forgetting someone?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Markelle Fultz will become the seventh Husky in the past 10 years to be a first-round pick and not play in the NCAA tournament in the year in which he was drafted. Incredibly, no other school in the country had more than two.

Can I steal this quote for the twatters?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I wonder how many of these dudes never made the tourney

• Options
    What Basnight doesn't get is that to be a good coach you have to do ALL aspects of the job as well ... LoRo demonstrated that he couldn't do that
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Gladstone said:

Can I steal this quote for the twatters?
    duh
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

Tequilla said:

What Basnight doesn't get is that to be a good coach you have to do ALL aspects of the job as well ... LoRo demonstrated that he couldn't do that

He's also a fan of the new doog company line which is that Romar was hurt by not having a combination of superstars and a supporting cast. This ignores the following:

1. Recruiting the supporting class was Romar's job and if he didn't, he doesn't know how to build a team.
    2. Romar has had the combination of star players and supporting casts and still failed. Doogs enjoy forgetting that since they can't see beyond a year ahead or behind Romar at once.
    The fallacy to anybody that supports Romar is that they fail at understanding that whichever issue you want to bring up the issue comes back to Romar. He's accountable. After 15 years, there's no direction that he can turn to and say it is their fault above his own. It's all on him.

2-16 is spectacularly bad ... to be uncompetitive in most of those games makes it even more obvious the direction of the program under Romar.

I'd also be willing to bet that most of the Romar supporters are very unsuccessful people that has never had the aspirations or drive to be great.

What I heard from Hopkins regarding having a chip on the shoulder and in general having an attitude of competing is the bare minimum of what is required to be successful. Unfortunately a lot of players that have come through Romar's program as of late have no clue in those regards. And regardless of the sport, programs that are successful at the University of Washington are built off of the foundation of out working their competitors.
  • Options

Jim Basnight‏
    @jimbasnight

 Follow

 More

Do you think I'm getting over this? Nope. My focus will be exposing corruption in college sports every day right here and weekly on my show.

8:52 AM - 23 Mar 2017
  • Options

Jim Basnight‏
    @jimbasnight

 Follow

More

If you think I'm going to spare UW, out if long time loyalty, think again.I know the worst elements of the Tyee club and soon you will too.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    MelloDawg said:

Jim Basnight‏
    @jimbasnight

 Follow

More

If you think I'm going to spare UW, out if long time loyalty, think again.I know the worst elements of the Tyee club and soon you will too.

Reads like comedy. I laffed.