Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Basnight's Twitter

MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,128
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
What a checking out from reality. Basnight has now decided to stop "covering" UW hoops and will be "investigating" who Cohen and Hopkins are as people in an attempt to expose the "underbelly" of the NCAA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimbasnight

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    who the fuck is this guy?

go to his link (huskydigest) and "Under Maintenance," wf?
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Huge Husky Women's Hoops, Volleyball and Softball fan now. Done with @UW_MBB for the forsee able future.

— Jim Basnight (@jimbasnight) March 21, 2017

Nothing against Hopkins or Cohen. I blame others. My role going forward is to flesh out who they are, which I hope to do.

Thanks to all of the nice people I've met and worked with covering @UW_MBB and who supported "Talking Hoops". I must take a new direction

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    MelloDawg said:

What a checking out from reality. Basnight has now decided to stop "covering" UW hoops and will be "investigating" who Cohen and Hopkins are as people in an attempt to expose the "underbelly" of the NCAA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimbasnight

Canned.Food.Drive.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I remember when he ran the rivals UW hoops site. At ot's peak, there were only about 10 people who posted and one was an Arizona guy who just trolled him nonstop. The guy's avatar was him pissing on some statue on ASU's campus.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    why are all these people like Basnight and Landon and Greynalds so fucking upset that the team is trying to not finish 11th out of 12 anymore?

I seriously don't get the frustration these people have with this change....unless...unless they're reading the sports pages upside down!!!

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,128
    Grinolds has seemed sort of even-keeled on the whole thing I thought. I look forward to guys like Basnight tweeting about Missouri hoops, whining about how that could have been us, ignoring that Romar would have simply missed the tournament the year after next anyway.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

People like Basnight and that other clown who ripped his UW sticker off his car as a sign of protest are the definition of idiots ...

It was NEVER about whether Romar was a good guy or not. If it was, he would have been here forever if he could have coached at an average level. You don't go 15 years at a school without having good job security even in your average years.

But Romar's problem was that he went from average/good to being bad or abysmal ...

Anybody that can't rationalize why Romar was fired I guarantee you will find them to not be successful in life ... you can't fail to meet expectations 6 straight years and expect that people will just brush that stuff under the rug.

The more I hear this "Romar's like the Godfather" to the Seattle hoops community just makes me want to bang my head against the wall repeatedly ... it's a massive sign of disrespect to Vito Corleone and most certainly Michael Corleone.

exactly...because, as we all know, even Kim's a good guy (allegedly).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

Grinolds has seemed sort of even-keeled on the whole thing I thought. I look forward to guys like Basnight tweeting about Missouri hoops, whining about how that could have been us, ignoring that Romar would have simply missed the tournament the year after next anyway.

Grinolds saw the tide turning and went with it. He was just as nuts as Basnight 3 weeks ago, and was saying "it doesn't matter what these people think because Romar is 100% coming back" a week before Romar was fired.
    It's almost like Grinolds is a puppet for the AD. After defending Romar non stop the past couple of years, he finally admitted a week ago that "Lorenzo isn't the long term answer."
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Jen Cohen traveled to Moscow as a 15 year old the cover of a international band camp. In fact, she met with Putin and put into motion the destruction of a fine man like Coach Romar.

Pics?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jen Cohen traveled to Moscow as a 15 year old the cover of a international band camp. In fact, she met with Putin and put into motion the destruction of a fine man like Coach Romar.

Pics?
    Football bored I believe
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I really can't even begin to comprehend the brains of these people that are, honest to fuck, dismayed that Romar was fired.

UW has paid Romar around $20 million dollars in salary and add on: housing allowances, free cars, golf memberships, clothing/apparel deals, broadcaster deals, and now $3.2 million to walk away.

But for these people you think we shot him in his knee in the backyard and left him to die. It's seriously fucked up.

That's an exspensive couch
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Basnight is so upset about the under belly of the NCAA and the likelihood of "shady" boosters buying out Romar's contract, but is fine with making Porter's dad an assistant solely for getting the kids at UW?

Ironical ... isn't it?