Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Team Romar

2»

Comments

• Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Not that it matters but that was a bullshit foul on Johnson, then a bullshit technical = 6 point trip = ballgame.

The season's been over for months but not it's mercifully official.

Whether it was a foul or not ... you could see the T on Johnson coming a mile away because that's the kind of shit that Johnson does ...

And since there's no depth on the roster, instead of benching a guy that has done that over and over all Romar and Co can do is pat him on the back and implore him to play smarter.
    Johnson needs to play more, not less
    When you hurt the team with dumb fouls and technicals ... you need to learn composure and discipline ...

I don't disagree with you that he has the potential to be a good player ... but the balance of his mistakes aren't tied to needing to get experience ... they are tied to needing to be smarter and thinking about the team first ahead of the individual
    I really have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've never seen him get another tech or even close to one. I have thankfully skipped out on watching most of the season though so you could well be right.

When I've watched he has struggled with fouls but has brought energy, spark and toughness that more than makes up for it
    When a team is 2-16 (2-17) in conference and fails to get double digit wins ... there's no such thing as "makes up for it" regarding a player's hustle

He's got a skill set that you can work with and there are elements of his "toughness" that I really like ... but he's got to learn to keep the good and get rid of the bad ... too often he plays like he's playing in a street game with chain nets where there's no such thing as a foul. That HURTS his team ... if you HURT your team you SHOULDN'T play ... it's not that complicated.
    When has romar benched players because of shit like this?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Not that it matters but that was a bullshit foul on Johnson, then a bullshit technical = 6 point trip = ballgame.

Whether it was a foul or not ... you could see the T on Johnson coming a mile away because that's the kind of shit that Johnson does ...

And since there's no depth on the roster, instead of benching a guy that has done that over and over all Romar and Co can do is pat him on the back and implore him to play smarter.
    When you hurt the team with dumb fouls and technicals ... you need to learn composure and discipline ...

I don't disagree with you that he has the potential to be a good player ... but the balance of his mistakes aren't tied to needing to get experience ... they are tied to needing to be smarter and thinking about the team first ahead of the individual
    I really have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've never seen him get another tech or even close to one. I have thankfully skipped out on watching most of the season though so you could well be right.

When I've watched he has struggled with fouls but has brought energy, spark and toughness that more than makes up for it
    When a team is 2-16 (2-17) in conference and fails to get double digit wins ... there's no such thing as "makes up for it" regarding a player's hustle

He's got a skill set that you can work with and there are elements of his "toughness" that I really like ... but he's got to learn to keep the good and get rid of the bad ... too often he plays like he's playing in a street game with chain nets where there's no such thing as a foul. That HURTS his team ... if you HURT your team you SHOULDN'T play ... it's not that complicated.
    Absolutes sound great but you have to put them in context. Yes, his fouls hurt the team. No, they don't hurt the team more than whatever other scrub is getting minutes in his place.

Warts and all he's far more useful than Green, for example. On this team, he should have played more.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Part of the reason why Romar's not a good coach
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Absolutes sound great but you have to put them in context. Yes, his fouls hurt the team. No, they don't hurt the team more than whatever other scrub is getting minutes in his place.

Warts and all he's far more useful than Green, for example. On this team, he should have played more.
    This is the basketball equivalent to Nick Harris ...

I don't have anything against Carlos Johnson ... but he can't be making the mistakes he does and still be on the court without learning some lessons from it ...

The fact that he is is a testament to Romar and how poorly he's mismanaged the program
  • Options
    Listening to the postgame interview with Chill (Romar's had P12 Tournament obligations apparently) ... the doog excuses getting thrown out are plentiful ... IF SC had their free throws cut in half things may have been different
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Part of the reason why Romar's not a good coach
    I went to the uw gonzaga game this year and their big fat fucking center prezemec beat the entire defense down the court for an easy lay up. What did romar do he clapped his hands and no one got pulled. I had coaches in high school that would pull players for much less. Pretty ridiculous how much of a shit show uw basketball is. Hopefully tomorrow the change is made.
    At North Carolina that would be grounds for a 5 man substitution ... a tradition that has been in place for 40+ years
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

I love that Walton said with UW down 5 with 12 minutes to go about Washington's chances to win:

"They have a chance but it's slim"

The best thing walton has ever said. Most the time he spouts crazy was nonsense.
    Bill Walton is a god and everything he professes is laced with goodness and wisdom.
    Can't stand when he talks about his fucking bicycle. But in his defense the CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS sucks so he entertains the viewers.
    Crisped
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

When I've watched he has struggled with fouls but has brought energy, spark and toughness that more than makes up for it.
    Appreciate the intensity he shows when turning the ball over or getting his shots blocked.