Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Team Romar

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
Get it done guys, save his job!!!

Comments

• Options
    11-9 at the first timeout. They're back?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes racist they are all black
  • Options
    They're fighting for Romar tonight. So much heart and determination. What a night to be a DAWG!!
  • Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I love the switches on defense. Nothing like getting your point guard matched on a big man. Probably the dumbest defense philosophy from Romar.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I love that Walton said with UW down 5 with 12 minutes to go about Washington's chances to win:

"They have a chance but it's slim"
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I love that Walton said with UW down 5 with 12 minutes to go about Washington's chances to win:

The best thing walton has ever said. Most the time he spouts crazy was nonsense.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2017
    Not that it matters but that was a bullshit foul on Johnson, then a bullshit technical = 6 point trip = ballgame.

The season's been over for months but now it's mercifully official.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Tequilla said:

The best thing walton has ever said. Most the time he spouts crazy was nonsense.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Bill Walton is a god and everything he professes is laced with goodness and wisdom.
    Can't stand when he talks about his fucking bicycle. But in his defense uw sucks so he probably tries to entertain the viewers.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Not that it matters but that was a bullshit foul on Johnson, then a bullshit technical = 6 point trip = ballgame.

The season's been over for months but not it's mercifully official.

Whether it was a foul or not ... you could see the T on Johnson coming a mile away because that's the kind of shit that Johnson does ...

And since there's no depth on the roster, instead of benching a guy that has done that over and over all Romar and Co can do is pat him on the back and implore him to play smarter.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I like Johnson with a little coaching could be fairly productive. But maybe the refs trying to put this team out of their misery.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Whether it was a foul or not ... you could see the T on Johnson coming a mile away because that's the kind of shit that Johnson does ...

And since there's no depth on the roster, instead of benching a guy that has done that over and over all Romar and Co can do is pat him on the back and implore him to play smarter.
    Johnson needs to play more, not less
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

When you hurt the team with dumb fouls and technicals ... you need to learn composure and discipline ...

I don't disagree with you that he has the potential to be a good player ... but the balance of his mistakes aren't tied to needing to get experience ... they are tied to needing to be smarter and thinking about the team first ahead of the individual
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USC dominaint over UW
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

And right before that Greene was tough talking the center who elbowed Dickerson inadvertently.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

When you hurt the team with dumb fouls and technicals ... you need to learn composure and discipline ...

I don't disagree with you that he has the potential to be a good player ... but the balance of his mistakes aren't tied to needing to get experience ... they are tied to needing to be smarter and thinking about the team first ahead of the individual
    I really have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've never seen him get another tech or even close to one. I have thankfully skipped out on watching most of the season though so you could well be right.

When I've watched he has struggled with fouls but has brought energy, spark and toughness that more than makes up for it.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Down 6 w/ 50 seconds left after essentially a time out going on ball going off SC kids's leg, we come up with Dickerson putting up a hasty three.....

Fitting way to end the season, but sadly and (amazingly) not Romar's time here it appears.
  • Options
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

And right before that Greene was tough talking the center who elbowed Dickerson inadvertently.
    Also grounds for sitting on the bench
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I really have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've never seen him get another tech or even close to one. I have thankfully skipped out on watching most of the season though so you could well be right.

When I've watched he has struggled with fouls but has brought energy, spark and toughness that more than makes up for it
    When a team is 2-16 (2-17) in conference and fails to get double digit wins ... there's no such thing as "makes up for it" regarding a player's hustle

He's got a skill set that you can work with and there are elements of his "toughness" that I really like ... but he's got to learn to keep the good and get rid of the bad ... too often he plays like he's playing in a street game with chain nets where there's no such thing as a foul. That HURTS his team ... if you HURT your team you SHOULDN'T play ... it's not that complicated.