Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominic Green Conference Stats

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

If NWG is your best player, then you shouldn't be a 1 seed and you're likely not making the Final Four.

Of course they're not making the Final 4, they're Gonzaga.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

He's a more aggressive scorer than Gaddy ... Gaddy never seemed particularly interested in creating his own shot ...

The rest of their games aren't that dissimilar

That's like saying Ricky Rubio is Steve Nash but isn't as good of shooter.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Tequilla said:

He's a more aggressive scorer than Gaddy ... Gaddy never seemed particularly interested in creating his own shot ...

The rest of their games aren't that dissimilar

You shouldn't be interested in creating your own shot when you shoot 43% from the field...as a senior. To go with free throw percentage of 66% and 3pt of 31%.

Goss is at 52%, 90% from the line and 37% from three. He's just a significantly better shooter and scorer than Gaddy ever was. They're not that similar. Goss was a better scorer and better shooter from all three levels as a freshman than Gaddy ever.

And fuck you both for making me talk shit about Gaddy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    By rest of their games I was talking more about as passers and defenders ...

A lot of credit to NWG for taking his off year to become a better shooter ... the 91% from the line this year is really really good. He was a mid-70% shooter his 1st 2 years at Washington though.

The FG% lines for NWG though I think you have to take with a bit of a grain of salt given the quality of competition between the P12 and WCC ... certainly some of the improvement comes from being a better shooter and perhaps some better shot selection all contribute. Hard to isolate by itself. His 3 point % is similar this year to his first year at Washington ... so I'm more likely to attribute his overall FG% numbers to better shot selection and the quality of competition.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Tequilla said:

By rest of their games I was talking more about as passers and defenders ...

A lot of credit to NWG for taking his off year to become a better shooter ... the 91% from the line this year is really really good. He was a mid-70% shooter his 1st 2 years at Washington though.

The FG% lines for NWG though I think you have to take with a bit of a grain of salt given the quality of competition between the P12 and WCC ... certainly some of the improvement comes from being a better shooter and perhaps some better shot selection all contribute. Hard to isolate by itself. His 3 point % is similar this year to his first year at Washington ... so I'm more likely to attribute his overall FG% numbers to better shot selection and the quality of competition.

Perhaps. As you noted, the FT increase is real, that doesn't vary based on competition. Even if you don't give him credit for improving his overall shooting he was a better shooter coming into UW than Gaddy.

That said, let's look at his performance this year against power 5 teams and others in the kenpom top 100. This will give us twelve games against opponents with an average kenpom ranking of 52.5 (which is dragged down significantly by...Washington). That ranking is better than all but four Pac12 teams, so this would be like playing an above average team in the Pac every game, without the UW dreck non conference.

This gives him an average from the field of ... 50.4% and 15.9 ppg. So while it's true his numbers might be slightly inflated by playing low level competition, it's not true that you can attribute the majority of his improvement to quality of competition.

He's gotten better. Which should be expected since he's two years older and under a better coach.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I thought Green would be a decent contributor.

Ho. Lee. Shit. Was I wrong.

He too low.
    Bang Ding Ow.