Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominic Green Conference Stats

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I was taking a look at the player stats from this season. A lot of these guys have put up horrible numbers and that doesn't factor in the defense.

I don't think I've ever seen a player have worse stats than Green in conference play.

21 min, 21% FG, 17% from 3. 2.9 points, 1.8 rebounds, .8 assists.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/washington/2017.html

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Kind of makes you miss Donovan Dorsey
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He was a 4-star recruit
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was a 4-star recruit

Only on Scout. He wasn't a big recruit at all, but every basketball recruit that has any recognition gets hyped because of how few there are. I think ASU was his only other Pac 12 offer and Hurley dropped him.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He was a 4-star recruit

Only on Scout. He wasn't a big recruit at all, but every basketball recruit that has any recognition gets hyped because of how few there are. I think ASU was his only other Pac 12 offer and Hurley dropped him.
    Another example of the fallacy of romar recruiting. yes he'll get a couple top end guys, but the non 1-done guys are not pac12 level.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Since we need a minimum of 2 player attritions outside of Fultz and Dime, he needs to be door.ass.out along with Dirusseau. Or Atewe. Or all 3.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

Since we need a minimum of 2 player attritions outside of Fultz and Dime, he needs to be door.ass.out along with Dirusseau. Or Atewe. Or all 3.

the exodus will take care of that.
    Dickerson, crisp gone
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

NEsnake12 said:

Dickerson, crisp gone
    Dickerson starts at the 5 next year if he stays... not like we can play any of the new recruits there. No way in hell anyone should want him gone.

Crisp kinda brings value as a rotational role player off the bench if we're only having to play him 20mpg instead of the 32mpg he's playing now. If nothing else, he can shoot the 3 semi-decent enough against teams that like to sit in zone against us (which is a lot of teams).
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

dhdawg said:

NEsnake12 said:

Dickerson, crisp gone
    Dickerson starts at the 5 next year if he stays... not like we can play any of the new recruits there. No way in hell anyone should want him gone.

Crisp kinda brings value as a rotational role player off the bench if we're only having to play him 20mpg instead of the 32mpg he's playing now. If nothing else, he can shoot the 3 semi-decent enough against teams that like to sit in zone against us (which is a lot of teams).
    I'm still on the bandwagon of Green, timmins, Diruss all leave. Thybulle is a longshot to leave but funny things happen when you realize you may never play for a winner in your career unless he transfers.

johnson is the guy i'm scared about. He shows a lot of the promise of old romar teams grit, but he barely sniffs the court this year and a large crop of 2/3 types will be coming in.

Crisp stays. He doesn't have anyone coming in who will dominate his minutes and he really seems like the lone guys who bleeds UW. Dickerson has zero competition for PT next year. Clint eastwoods empty chair may be the next in line for minutes.

All in all, losing breeds bad attitudes and some of these guys may want to leave just based on lack of chemistry, PT and culture. As well as incoming frosh will take up space. Still assume the top 3 leave and then at least one surprising player.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I thought Green would be a decent contributor.

Ho. Lee. Shit. Was I wrong.

Your and i's great picks of all time

#1) Gaddy

#2) Green
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

#1) Gaddy

#2) Green
    To be fair, Gaddy was tearing it up on the court to start his sophomore season before he tore his knee up. I always felt kind of bad for him, even though he sucked after that.
    He also wasn't a horrible player for college. Everyone just assumed he would be a lottery pick and it never materialized. He seemed like a player who always struggled with confidence.

Funny how Gaddy is somehow a scapegoat for many doogs for lack of perceived performance, and yet Romar is not accountable for anything that happens even with top tier talent.
    He was bad. I have no idea how Gaddy became such a bad shooter in college. Gaddy was a great shooter in high school.

I thought he would be a pretty good player in college but his five star rating was always a joke. That was evident from his freshman year. At one point he was rated higher than Avery Bradley. I have no idea what those scouts were watching.
  • Options

dnc said:

#1) Gaddy

#2) Green
    To be fair, Gaddy was tearing it up on the court to start his sophomore season before he tore his knee up. I always felt kind of bad for him, even though he sucked after that.
    He also wasn't a horrible player for college. Everyone just assumed he would be a lottery pick and it never materialized. He seemed like a player who always struggled with confidence.

Funny how Gaddy is somehow a scapegoat for many doogs for lack of perceived performance, and yet Romar is not accountable for anything that happens even with top tier talent.
    He was bad. I have no idea how Gaddy became such a bad shooter in college. Gaddy was a great shooter in high school.

I thought he would be a pretty good player in college but his five star rating was always a joke. That was evident from his freshman year. At one point he was rated higher than Avery Bradley. I have no idea what those scouts were watching.
    dm.c and Beach ran a lot of those rankings circles. You do the math
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

#1) Gaddy

#2) Green
    Hasty will be the best back on the field.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

#1) Gaddy

#2) Green

Mitch had the best description of Gaddy and his game. After every game he'd say "Gaddy looks so sleepy out there. Can one of the coaches make sure he's in bed on time." It was true. He was the most lethargic looking player I've ever seen.
  • Options

dnc said:

#1) Gaddy

#2) Green

Mitch had the best description of Gaddy and his game. After every game he'd say "Gaddy looks so sleepy out there. Can one of the coaches make sure he's in bed on time." It was true. He was the most lethargic looking player I've ever seen.
    Just think what could have been had he roomed with Upshaw?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gaddy wasn't great but at the same time part of the reason a lot of people hate him is because they were thinking that he was going to come in and be this massive difference maker given his star rating ... which as @FreeChavez stated came from idiots like Aaron Beach that don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Gaddy probably would have been better utilized playing in a more structured system than what Romar employs ... and between his injury his sophomore year and then a junior year trying to merge the Tony Wroten experience with Terrence Ross doing his thing ... it was just a situation where he wasn't put in a great situation to maximize his abilities.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Beach has nothing to do with star ratings, come on guys. Gaddy was hyped by all the national guys, not just some website in Renton. He played in the fucking McDonald's All American game. Beach had shit to do with that.