Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

College Doog's Friday Football Forecast 10-18-13

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageCollege Doog's Friday Football Forecast 10-18-13

With Willingham, it was always the annual 6-game losing streak. With Sark, there's always the specter of the annual 3-game losing streak. Will the Huskies prevail against ASU this Saturday in their desert duel? College Doog and his esteemed colleagues predict outcomes right here and now.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    FIRST!

I think this game plays out in similar fashion to last year's Arizona game.
  • FIRST!

That's my gut feeling too. Sark typically has one game a year where UW should win but they get plunger raped on the road.

I also read ASU is terrible at stopping the run but is good against the pass so I expect Price to throw the ball over 50 times. Then Kim defending the play calling and blaming the entire game on Price.

I think ASU wins 45-20 over the Huskies.

Like DNC this is the first Husky game I don't have a good feel for. I felt the first six were easy to predict.

FIRST!

That's my gut feeling too. Sark typically has one game a year where UW should win but they get plunger raped on the road.

I also read ASU is terrible at stopping the run but is good against the pass so I expect Price to throw the ball over 50 times. Then Kim defending the play calling and blaming the entire game on Price.

Like DNC this is the first Husky game I don't have a good feel for. I felt the first six were easy to predict.
    This game is even easier than last week's game was. I was calling the ASU game a letdown loss before the Oregon game.
  • FIRST!

This game is even easier than last week's game was. I was calling the ASU game a letdown loss before the Oregon game.
    We are saying it from the UW standpoint is the problem. ASU is UW's doppleganger is the problem.

You know? Pretender program, sleeping giant, never wins in "big" games, beats up on shitty teams, very flawed teams.

However unfortunately for UW, ASU like UW is really good at home but suck on the road. This game is at ASU why I think ASU wins in a blowout.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Too much math.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,251 Founders Club
    I have a hunch Washington will win.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

FIRST!

I had that thought, and it was actually my initial prediction. It wouldn't shock me if that happened. It was probably FS for me to pick a Sark team to win on the road, but ASU isn't very good. I didn't want to overreact to the Oregon loss.

FIRST!

I had that thought, and it was actually my initial prediction. It wouldn't shock me if that happened. It was probably FS for me to pick a Sark team to win on the road, but ASU isn't very good. I didn't want to overreact to the Oregon loss.

ASU is the Pac-12 South's version of UW. Really good at home, really mediocre away.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    No way they lose by 25. UW's D is not bad enough for that and ASU's offense is like the Oregon jv. Plus ASU's defense is bad. We'll be able to put together some drives to keep it close.

Biggest problem is we won't have any gas left in the tank. ASU is well rested and ready. I have a feeling it will be out worst game of the season but we still lose in a close game.

Grinolds knows this is a must win....he knows the media & doogs will legitimately criticize Sark if they lose this game. Fuck you Kim!

No way they lose by 25. UW's D is not bad enough for that and ASU's offense is like the Oregon jv. Plus ASU's defense is bad. We'll be able to put together some drives to keep it close.

Biggest problem is we won't have any gas left in the tank. ASU is well rested and ready. I have a feeling it will be out worst game of the season but we still lose in a close game.

Grinolds knows this is a must win....he knows the media & doogs will legitimately criticize Sark if they lose this game. Fuck you Kim!

Logically and statistically speaking, there's no fucking way UW should have been plungered by 35 last year in Tucson.

Thanks for finally catching on what I was telling you last week about the empty tank though. That's going to be a big factor in tomorrow's plunger rape.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    I don't really care about this game. College Doog's sentiments strike a chord with mine: "Husky football isn’t fun anymore."

Why? Sark "is not the right coach nor will he ever be the right coach."
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

I don't really care about this game. College Doog's sentiments strike a chord with mine: "Husky football isn’t fun anymore."

Why? Sark "is not the right coach nor will he ever be the right coach."

You pretty much summed it up right there - normally my dooginess would be getting me excited right now on a Fri night. Not today tho