Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Open letter to Bill Fleenor Fucking Stupid

The Oregon @ Washington game was punted to FS1 in a desperate search for ratings by FOX. No one was watching CFB on FS1 at all before:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    Did we fire Larry Scott and his rusty conical tennis racquet yet?
  • Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Weird how Doogs love the current guy who sucks at his job. Never thought that would happen.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Weird how Doogs love the current guy who sucks at his job. Never thought that would happen.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

This is bad? I feel like people are forgetting the dark days of Root sports
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

+1

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

Pac-12 network might as well be Root sports since nobody watches either.

HTH
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

The TV deal was bound to happen. Hansen was the Ty Willingham of conference commissioners. Now, Scott does a little better than Hansen and to some he can do no wrong, similar to how some doogs feel about Sark. The Pac 12 network was/is a disaster, The refs in basketball and football are notoriously bad, Colorado and Utah have made the conference worse, not better. We have a game that gets Gameday and is considered the game of the week by many pundits and it's on FS1. I don't think he is doing all that great.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

The TV deal was bound to happen. Hansen was the Ty Willingham of conference commissioners. Now, Scott does a little better than Hansen and to some he can do no wrong, similar to how some doogs feel about Sark. The Pac 12 network was/is a disaster, The refs in basketball and football are notoriously bad, Colorado and Utah have made the conference worse, not better. We have a game that gets Gameday and is considered the game of the week by many pundits and it's on FS1. I don't think he is doing all that great.

Sark is to Ty as Scott is to Hansen.

I guess we should all just remember that the Pac-10 was 0-12 in 2008.

Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

You're taking the krisvashon parody a bit too far.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

He really has this week. It's getting scary.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

The expansion was a fucking disaster IMO. All this shit talk about how we are bringing in Oklahoma and Texas. Then we wind up with fucking Colorado and Utah???!!! Those two fucks bring nothing to the table.

The Pac-12 network was also a fucking disaster as well. Nobody watches the fucking network ever and a large portion of the country doesn't even get that network.

Most of our big games either start at 10 p.m. eastern time or on some obscure channel like Pac-12 network or FS1 which again nobody watches.

The Pac-12 is just as irrelevant as they were under Hansen just like UW is just as close to beating Oregon under Sark as they were under Ty.

Sure Scott is better than Hansen but Sark is better than Ty.
    It's a good thing for the Pac-12's reputation that no one is watching the actual Pac-12 games. People still think Stanford and UW are good.
  • If a team loses but no one watched, did it really happen?
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

I too am surprised that krisvashon is the voice of reason. But your hatred of sark has now bled into hatred of Scott, which is weird. He's done fine.

Expansion is key as we move to super conferences (and to bigger tv deals). Pulling in Texas was a pipe dream. Utah & Colorado are fine. No complaints.

Why is the network a "disaster"? I honestly don't get this. Every football game is now on tv. That's huge. The original programming I've seen is pretty good. The Drive is a phenomenal show.

So I'm guessing the issue is coverage - ie direct tv. Direct TV has done the math and decided to play hardball with new college sports networks (it hasn't picked up the SEC network either). Ok. But why does the blame for this fall on Scott? My understanding -- correct me if I'm wrong -- is that direct wants a special deal. But said deal would undercut the deals already struck with the other providers. So it's a nonstarter for Scott/Pac 12. Right?

This makes Larry Scott the next Ty? To quote my dear friend Taft, "Say whaaaa?"

• Nobody is saying Scott is the next Ty we are saying he is to Sark what Hansen is to Ty.

Basically he is getting way too much credit because he followed up a turd. While in reality he hasn't really done that much.

Pulling in Utah and Colorado for expansion was a disaster when you were throwing out Texas and Oklahoma.

Scott sucks at his job.

Doogs love Scott.

Huge tv deal? Check.
    Pac 12 network? Check.

I too am surprised that krisvashon is the voice of reason. But your hatred of sark has now bled into hatred of Scott, which is weird. He's done fine.

Expansion is key as we move to super conferences (and to bigger tv deals). Pulling in Texas was a pipe dream. Utah & Colorado are fine. No complaints.

Why is the network a "disaster"? I honestly don't get this. Every football game is now on tv. That's huge. The original programming I've seen is pretty good. The Drive is a phenomenal show.

So I'm guessing the issue is coverage - ie direct tv. Direct TV has done the math and decided to play hardball with new college sports networks (it hasn't picked up the SEC network either). Ok. But why does the blame for this fall on Scott? My understanding -- correct me if I'm wrong -- is that direct wants a special deal. But said deal would undercut the deals already struck with the other providers. So it's a nonstarter for Scott/Pac 12. Right?

This makes Larry Scott the next Ty? To quote my dear friend Taft, "Say whaaaa?"

Hansen was the Ty of conference commissioners.

Scott is the Sark of conference commissioners.

DIRECTV isn't going to pay the same for the Pac-12 network as the B1G network because the B1G network covers a much more populated geographic footprint. DIRECTV doesn't need second tier REGIONAL networks like the Pac-12 network. Fuck, it barely even needs FS1, and that is a NATIONAL network.

The REAL SEC Network doesn't exist yet. ESPN will launch it next August. DIRECTV will pay more for the SEC network than it is offering the Pac-12 network too. Book it, done.

chrisvashon has reached krisvashon territory in this thread.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    not sure what the initial post was about in terms of bleenor but i'm guessing he called out Fox for putting the game on FS1 and if that's the case, then you are correct that Fox is desperately trying to "help" people find FS1 by putting certain games there... makes sense to me. Pac12 Network is still the stupidest thing ever too.
    edited October 2013
    Meek said:

not sure what the initial post was about in terms of bleenor but i'm guessing he called out Fox for putting the game on FS1 and if that's the case, then you are correct that Fox is desperately trying to "help" people find FS1 by putting certain games there... makes sense to me. Pac12 Network is still the stupidest thing ever too.

Fleenor is claiming that FS1 pulls better ratings than ESPN2 and ESPNU for college football, even though the facts say otherwise. Oregon @ UW got a 1.3 rating, which is massive by FS1 standards but absolute dogshit compared to ABC, CBS, NBC, and ESPN standards.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    oh, hahaha... unless you obsess over college football nobody will have added FS1 to their channel guide. bleenor probably knew i was going to say that.
  • Meek said:

Fleenor is claiming that FS1 pulls better ratings than ESPN2 and ESPNU for college football, even though the facts say otherwise. Oregon @ UW got a 1.3 rating, which is massive by FS1 standards but absolute dogshit compared to ABC, CBS, NBC, and ESPN standards.
    Jesus christ! I knew Fleenor was a fucking idiot but I didn't think he was that fucking stupid!

That's section14AFS status there.
  • JECARJECAR Member Posts: 585
    What's Fleenor's doog handle?