Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An Outside the Box Suggestion for Romar Replacement

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    All this worry over Porter. Hasn't he signed an LOI?

If he has, he's not going anywhere but the UW so fuck off. If he hasn't, he's a shithead and Romar never closed the deal.

So what if Porter goes to China or someplace to sit out his mandatory year for NBA eligibility? The roster needs totally retooled and that's going to take more than Romar's one-year of Porter halo.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

If he has, he's not going anywhere but the UW so fuck off. If he hasn't, he's a shithead and Romar never closed the deal.

So what if Porter goes to China or someplace to sit out his mandatory year for NBA eligibility? The roster needs totally retooled and that's going to take more than Romar's one-year of Porter halo.

It's pretty standard for basketball players to go back on the market after the coach they signed with leaves.

I say fire Romar, but yes it will almost certainly cost MPJ.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

Is there any news or any substantiating the rumor that Romar is supposedly moving on/out? Actual news tends to get buried around this place

There's nothing that I've heard publicly to either staying or leaving ...

As I said elsewhere, Cohen's been silent on this issue for the balance of the season. The usual protocol when you have an embattled coach like Romar is right now is some kind of public comment offering support. I haven't seen anything close to that.

The other thing that gives me optimism is that members of the too slow to the party Seattle media have started making noise about Romar. If there's one thing I've learned about the Seattle media, breaking stories, and being hard on a situation it's that they rarely say anything until they are hearing things off the record that make it look like they won't have to be accountable to the person they are criticizing much longer. The media in this town is way too caught up in their access to ever threaten calling it as they see it.
    Both of these are quality points. Chinteresting. Maybe @haie knows his chit.

I've forgotten more chit than the Seattle media boners know.

Romar has been gone for awhile.
    When will it be public?
    No idea. All I know is he had a discussion after the UCLA game, and the end result was that he was told this was his last season. I also know for a fact that the AD is convinced Porter Jr. would still come here even with Romar gone.
    yeah bullshit
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

It's pretty standard for basketball players to go back on the market after the coach they signed with leaves.

Who cares? Keeping Romar got Fultz for one and done and a shit season with no tournament again.

Unless the goal is to park #1 draft picks for a year while they stay in shape, FS to keep Romar. Otherwise they go to China and sit out a year. And somedays, wandering around campus is about the same as being in China so save them the travel/shitty food.

Romar is four fucking games behind Ernie Kent and the Cuogs for christ sake. Jesus. That is shit.

LO fucking L
  • Options

dnc said:

Who cares? Keeping Romar got Fultz for one and done and a shit season with no tournament again.

Unless the goal is to park #1 draft picks for a year while they stay in shape, FS to keep Romar. Otherwise they go to China and sit out a year. And somedays, wandering around campus is about the same as being in China so save them the travel/shitty food.

Romar is four fucking games behind Ernie Kent and the Cuogs for christ sake. Jesus. That is shit.

I agree completely, just saying the LOI doesn't make a difference
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Katelon Redmon might disagree on that. UW forced her to play for that bitch Tia for a year after June got fired.

You sign the LOI, that's where the fuck you are going to school unless released. Jen has all the mighty power in her tits on where Porter plays next year -assuming he signed it and Romar wasn't butt-fucked into giving a financial aid agreement instead. In which case, Romar and Jen are the dumbest motherfuckers in the world for giving the dad an employment contract and the kid free reign to do whatever the fuck he wants.

• Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Katelon Redmon might disagree on that. UW forced her to play for that bitch Tia for a year after June got fired.

You sign the LOI, that's where the fuck you are going to school unless released. Jen has all the mighty power in her tits on where Porter plays next year -assuming he signed it and Romar wasn't butt-fucked into giving a financial aid agreement instead. In which case, Romar and Jen are the dumbest motherfuckers in the world for giving the dad an employment contract and the kid free reign to do whatever the fuck he wants.

That's the exception that proves the rule. UW isn't going to do that to Porter, especially not when they're hoping his younger brothers play for UW one day.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

That's the exception that proves the rule. UW isn't going to do that to Porter, especially not when they're hoping his younger brothers play for UW one day.
    Extend the dad for another year. Problem solved.

• Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Agree completely. In the unlikely event that @Cohen12 does the right thing and we get a new coach, the new coach would be a fool not to retain Porter Sr.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Agree completely. In the unlikely event that @Cohen12 does the right thing and we get a new coach, the new coach would be a fool not to retain Porter Sr.
    I think porter jr would almost have to stay. It would be very hard for a team to take him on plus pay his dad without a lot of scrutiny. UW still has the ability to pay his dad and claim he's been on the staff. Very few staffs are looking for a 400k a year 1st assistant who is part of a 9-20 team.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I think porter jr would almost have to stay. It would be very hard for a team to take him on plus pay his dad without a lot of scrutiny. UW still has the ability to pay his dad and claim he's been on the staff. Very few staffs are looking for a 400k a year 1st assistant who is part of a 9-20 team.
    If we keep Porter Sr of course he stays.

If Porter Sr is Door. Ass. Out. I would imagine Porter Jr splits from daddy and goes somewhere he can win a title.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2017
    Doogles said:

I haven't seen a second of this Porter kid because Romar has killed college basketball for me, but if he is really that good how hard is it to double down on the shadiness and retain his dad as an assistant?

"Hey pops here is 325k to be transitional recruiting coordinator for the new hire". What coach wouldn't want him on staff for the pipeline that is his seed?

They gave Pops a two year contract. Other schools would try to hire him though if Porter was released. Duke wouldn't, but Cal would, Pitino would, Alford and Miller might.

The guy who wrote an article on si.com about coaches on the hot seat (he said 75% chance Romar is fired) said Porter Sr. would be the most in demand assistant in the country.
  • Options

Doogles said:

I haven't seen a second of this Porter kid because Romar has killed college basketball for me, but if he is really that good how hard is it to double down on the shadiness and retain his dad as an assistant?

"Hey pops here is 325k to be transitional recruiting coordinator for the new hire". What coach wouldn't want him on staff for the pipeline that is his seed?

They gave Pops a two year contract. Other schools would try to hire him though if Porter was released. Duke wouldn't, but Cal would, Pitino would, Alford and Miller might.

The guy who wrote an article on si.com about coaches on the hot seat (he said 75% chance Romar is fired) said Porter Sr. would be the most in demand assistant in the country.
    Jen's got the Porters by the BALLS.

Not like some other she's had by the balls (allegedly). She has their cajones right where she needs them.

Porters can't do shit.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I think there would be many programs that wouldn't care one bit about the scrutiny.

You give the media a fluff answer about Porter Sr. being a good coach while acknowledging getting his son was a sweet perk and go win some games.