Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An Outside the Box Suggestion for Romar Replacement

whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Scott Rueck. OSU women's coach.
Turned a garbage program into
championship status. Total opposite
of Romar in that he can coach his ass
off. Recruiting might be an issue but
who knows. Worth putting in the tickler file.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We already have a women's basketball coach and a guy who had never coached basketball in his life on staff
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,133
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Is there any news or any substantiating the rumor that Romar is supposedly moving on/out? Actual news tends to get buried around this place
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    MelloDawg said:

Is there any news or any substantiating the rumor that Romar is supposedly moving on/out? Actual news tends to get buried around this place

Axe @haie
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    We only want DAWGS!

Brandon Roy
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

There's nothing that I've heard publicly to either staying or leaving ...

As I said elsewhere, Cohen's been silent on this issue for the balance of the season. The usual protocol when you have an embattled coach like Romar is right now is some kind of public comment offering support. I haven't seen anything close to that.

The other thing that gives me optimism is that members of the too slow to the party Seattle media have started making noise about Romar. If there's one thing I've learned about the Seattle media, breaking stories, and being hard on a situation it's that they rarely say anything until they are hearing things off the record that make it look like they won't have to be accountable to the person they are criticizing much longer. The media in this town is way too caught up in their access to ever threaten calling it as they see it.
    Both of these are quality points. Chinteresting. Maybe @haie knows his chit.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

We only want DAWGS!

Jon Brockman

Noses get broken and shit but you're still a good person...
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    No way UW eats 3 years of his salary due. 2 years and $2 million, maybe.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    priapism said:

No way UW eats 3 years of his salary due. 2 years and $2 million, maybe.

We gotta hope Missouri bails us out.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

Scott Rueck. OSU women's coach.
    Turned a garbage program into
    championship status. Total opposite
    of Romar in that he can coach his ass
    off. Recruiting might be an issue but
    who knows. Worth putting in the tickler file.

Whoosh
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

As I said elsewhere, Cohen's been silent on this issue for the balance of the season. The usual protocol when you have an embattled coach like Romar is right now is some kind of public comment offering support. I haven't seen anything close to that.

The other thing that gives me optimism is that members of the too slow to the party Seattle media have started making noise about Romar. If there's one thing I've learned about the Seattle media, breaking stories, and being hard on a situation it's that they rarely say anything until they are hearing things off the record that make it look like they won't have to be accountable to the person they are criticizing much longer. The media in this town is way too caught up in their access to ever threaten calling it as they see it.
    I've forgotten more chit than the Seattle media boners know.

Romar has been gone for awhile.
  • Options
    haie said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

When will it be public?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

When will it be public?
    No idea. All I know is he had a discussion after the UCLA game, and the end result was that he was told this was his last season. I also know for a fact that the AD is convinced Porter Jr. would still come here even with Romar gone.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Tony Bennett anyone?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

When will it be public?
    No idea. All I know is he had a discussion after the UCLA game, and the end result was that he was told this was his last season. I also know for a fact that the AD is convinced Porter Jr. would still come here even with Romar gone.
    I don't see that happening, but if by some miracle it were true, that would have to be a pretty nice draw for potential hires.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

When will it be public?
    I don't see that happening, but if by some miracle it were true, that would have to be a pretty nice draw for potential hires.
    I'm too lazy to look this up. Any data out there people know about that suggests people leave in mass numbers after coach hire?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    Fuck. Why not?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,133

haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

MelloDawg said:

When will it be public?
    I'm too lazy to look this up. Any data out there people know about that suggests people leave in mass numbers after coach hire?
    When the Israelites hired Moses, people left in pretty mass numbers from Egypt. I'd call that significant data.