Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CGTP, DDY, TLDR, a Q????

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    89ute said:

@89ute the actual total for clemson is just guys that they signed, we did not account for attrition of those four and five star players in that case.

For pac12 teams I can easily provide you detail on every team in the conference for how many active four and five star players they recruited and currently have on roster; however, I am in the middle of nowhere right now and don't have the data sheets I use to keep track of that shit.

Thank you. I was kind of hoping one of you had something like that. The amount of brain damage involved if someone like me were to try to do this by pecking through rosters and signing classes on scout/rivals.com and trying to compile it on my yellow pad is just plain fucked up. My spreadsheet abilities are less than limited. That's what lead the the whole Steve Poole thing, I thought for sure someone was going to tell me to "look it up yourself buttfucker.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClemsonTigers/comments/5t1ck1/clemson_footballs_talent_level_over_the_last/
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

89ute said:

@89ute the actual total for clemson is just guys that they signed, we did not account for attrition of those four and five star players in that case.

For pac12 teams I can easily provide you detail on every team in the conference for how many active four and five star players they recruited and currently have on roster; however, I am in the middle of nowhere right now and don't have the data sheets I use to keep track of that shit.

Thank you. I was kind of hoping one of you had something like that. The amount of brain damage involved if someone like me were to try to do this by pecking through rosters and signing classes on scout/rivals.com and trying to compile it on my yellow pad is just plain fucked up. My spreadsheet abilities are less than limited. That's what lead the the whole Steve Poole thing, I thought for sure someone was going to tell me to "look it up yourself buttfucker.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClemsonTigers/comments/5t1ck1/clemson_footballs_talent_level_over_the_last/
    Good chit.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    edited February 2017

89ute said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Another question for the fine gentlemen of TSIO. Now that NSD is over, how many 4 and 5 stars are there on your roster?

There are no 5 stars on the roster.

When the 2017 class arrives on campus we will have 28 active four stars. And from 2013-2017 we signed 38 in total.
    This is what I'm looking for @Tequilla. When you guys take the field this fall, you will have 28 guys on the roster who were 4*s.

@Tequilla remember your comment I think two podcasts ago, Clemson had 46 4*s on their roster, making the case that this is what it takes to be a championship caliber team.

I'd be interested in this stat for each Pac-12 team if you have an easy way to figure it out.

Please don't
    Your having fantasies about being raped by Steve Poole. Thanks for sharing.
    I may have used it incorrectly. I was clued in by someone (not IrishDawg22, even though I tried) that KOMO 4 BUTTFUCKER meant look it up yourself. I later learned on my own that Komo 4 is one of your TV stations, then I later learned that the man in the photo is Steve Poole who is some newsguy or something for Komo 4, so I figured this pic meant look it up yourself.

True?
    Axxe @Dude61
    This really was one of @Dude61 best contributions.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What jumps out at me is Cal has the 3rd most players in the NFL (34) next to Oregon (35) and USC (43)

I've known this for a long time about Cal but I thought it was because they had a shitload of talent but could never do anything with it. Looking at this list of raw talent it would appear that Cal is developing talent. Conclusion, Cal has incredible coaching, but can't win. That makes no sense.

Look at UCLA, tons of talent, relatively few NFL players (29). Easily chalk this up to shitting coaching, easy to understand.

Cal is an enigma. What the fuck?

This is where I counted up the NFL players.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/college

Thank you for your work @MrsPetersen, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    I can filter my data by year, but I am too lazy to turn on my laptop again... I suspect the NFL influx of talent was during the Tosh/Tedford glory years and now they are shit. I'll look tomorrow and report back.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    89ute said:

What jumps out at me is Cal has the 3rd most players in the NFL (34) next to Oregon (35) and USC (43)

I've known this for a long time about Cal but I thought it was because they had a shitload of talent but could never do anything with it. Looking at this list of raw talent it would appear that Cal is developing talent. Conclusion, Cal has incredible coaching, but can't win. That makes no sense.

Look at UCLA, tons of talent, relatively few NFL players (29). Easily chalk this up to shitting coaching, easy to understand.

Cal is an enigma. What the fuck?

This is where I counted up the NFL players.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/college

Thank you for your work @MrsPetersen, I appreciate it.

Without looking I believe Cal's number of NFL players has been falling steadily since Tedford left.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

89ute said:

Another question for the fine gentlemen of TSIO. Now that NSD is over, how many 4 and 5 stars are there on your roster?

When the 2017 class arrives on campus we will have 28 active four stars. And from 2013-2017 we signed 38 in total.
    This is what I'm looking for @Tequilla. When you guys take the field this fall, you will have 28 guys on the roster who were 4*s.

@Tequilla remember your comment I think two podcasts ago, Clemson had 46 4*s on their roster, making the case that this is what it takes to be a championship caliber team.

I'd be interested in this stat for each Pac-12 team if you have an easy way to figure it out.

Please don't
    One of these days I know I'm going find myself alone in an elevator with Steve Pool and have to explain this.
    Or would you rather explain Sloppy Tits to your AD?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,097
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Please don't
    One of these days I know I'm going find myself alone in an elevator with Steve Pool and have to explain this.
    That would be easier to explain than the Steve Pool meme, which makes little sense even when fully explained.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Please don't
    That would be easier to explain than the Steve Pool meme, which makes little sense even when fully explained.
    Yeah, I'm still a little confused. Does it mean - I can't provide a link because I watched it live or - look it up yourself, or both?
  • Options
    @89ute The furthest I could go back for Cal was the 2010 class (not the prime of the Tedford years...), but that was the first year we started tracking this data for the rest of the conference. Cal's breakdown from 2010-2012 (Dykes took over in 2013) was:
    0/1 star: 2
    2 star: 4
    3 star: 31
    4 star: 16
    5 star: 3
  • Options
    One last set... this is for all Pac12 schools between 2013-2017 classes. This includes all players (except for transfers)... not just active.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

One last set... this is for all Pac12 schools between 2013-2017 classes. This includes all players (except for transfers)... not just active.

That flicked the head of my doogboner, thanks.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Ok here is the whole Pac recruiting breakdown by stars. This is players that are actively on the roster. If they left, I filtered them out.

Cc: @CokeGreaterThanPepsi , @89ute

When I see this it makes me realize we still have a lot of room for improvement. It also really pounds home the point that UCLA sucks enormous donkey nuts. They are just a cunt hair behind USC. It's sort of unreal how you can fuck up that much talent. It's like Mora is trying to suck.

Also, we are right in the mix with Oregon and Stanford on a clear second tier. The trick will be getting in between tiers where we pull away from Tree and Oregon, and get within striking distance of USC/UCLA (not going to catch them ever).
    UCLA is the biggest fraud ever and their only Heisman winner won because of racism. True Story. @BallSacked
    Seriously. That is Climpson level recruiting there, and only eclipsed by Michigan, Ohio State, Bama and USC (barely). UCLA has absolutely no excuse for not being in the PAC12 conversation every year. Except their coaching sucks. Ass.