Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CGTP, DDY, TLDR, a Q????

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Obviously no way you could know for certain this early, but in your understanding of how Petersen leans on his assistants in recruiting, do you think Lubick's hire increases the chance we offer Chase Cota? Oregon might not have even been Lubick's territory but I'd imagine he has some relationship with the big in state WR after coaching the Ducks for four years.

I know he's supposed to be an ace recruiter so maybe that's aiming too low. Seems likely if Spiker liked Bush he'll like Lubick so we probably can close with him now?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This should make Devin Culp the easiest commit we have had in a while... Culp just ended up having his originally commited coach combined with his favorite program. Money.

Excellent poont
  • Options
    KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    Cota is white too...
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Another question for the fine gentlemen of TSIO. Now that NSD is over, how many 4 and 5 stars are there on your roster?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

89ute said:

Another question for the fine gentlemen of TSIO. Now that NSD is over, how many 4 and 5 stars are there on your roster?

There are no 5 stars on the roster.

When the 2017 class arrives on campus we will have 28 active four stars. And from 2013-2017 we signed 38 in total.
    I'm wondering if our Ute friend is asking how many 5-star caliber players we feel that are on the roster (as compared to the rankings)
  • Options
    @dnc

I've outlined at a couple of different times a few ideas that while they may diverge a bit from what DDY and Pepsi would say, I think are accurate in terms of recruiting. Specifically, for UW, what it really comes down to doing what they do and doing it well.

For me, Pete has unlocked a secret for UW recruiting that is the gold standard going forward in that by limiting attrition, he's stocking class after class full of good talent because we're able to recruit in that 18 player class fairly easily. That's the sweet spot number for us.

In any given year, there's probably on average about 6-8 high caliber D1 players that come out of the State of Washington. Our goal is to make sure that we're consistently hitting at 75% or above on those players - which we are under Pete. We should be able to get about the same number out of California each year ... a handful out of Orange County and the rest either inland or in the Bay Area where we are helped by the fact that Cal sucks and Stanford recruits nationally creating a void for us to come swooping in on. After that, the rest of our class is a combination of players one here, two there, etc. tied to the fact that we cast a relatively wide net in establishing our connections and relationships and then seeing what sticks. Getting back to doing well in Hawaii should be a priority for us.

As for Lubick, given that he's established plenty of contacts up and down the West Coast with 10 years of experience as an assistant in the PAC, there's a lot to like initially at least. His experience outside of the West Coast being at Duke (which also somewhat recruits nationally) as part of the staff that laid the foundation under Cutcliffe as well as Ole Miss under Ed O leads me to think that he's clearly got some good chops in recruiting. But for me, what it comes down to under Lubick is that his job and make sure that he's not missing what he shouldn't be missing as much as it is getting guys that we shouldn't be getting.

In our signing day pod, DDY and Pepsi talked about how Gregory and Bonerpopper pretty much just get what they are supposed to get. Since the pod, it has gotten me thinking about that. There's no question that you need a couple of high-end achievers on your staff like Lake, what Bush was, and what Lubick appears to be. But outside of that, provided that we have assistants on our staff that simply do what they are supposed to do ... get the guys that are supposed to be coming here ... we'll be fine. It's why the Strausser situation to me is such a head scratcher because for as good of a coach that he clearly is, his recruiting results are so sub par ... imagine what our OL depth would look like if Strausser was just the recruiter that Gregory and Bonerpopper were?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    89ute said:

89ute said:

When the 2017 class arrives on campus we will have 28 active four stars. And from 2013-2017 we signed 38 in total.
    This is what I'm looking for @Tequilla. When you guys take the field this fall, you will have 28 guys on the roster who were 4*s.

@Tequilla remember your comment I think two podcasts ago, Clemson had 46 4*s on their roster, making the case that this is what it takes to be a championship caliber team.

I'd be interested in this stat for each Pac-12 team if you have an easy way to figure it out.

Please don't
    Your having fantasies about being raped by Steve Poole. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    I'm sure that it is something that can be put together @89ute ... I'll put it on my to-do list for stats in the offseason.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

89ute said:

This is what I'm looking for @Tequilla. When you guys take the field this fall, you will have 28 guys on the roster who were 4*s.

@Tequilla remember your comment I think two podcasts ago, Clemson had 46 4*s on their roster, making the case that this is what it takes to be a championship caliber team.

I'd be interested in this stat for each Pac-12 team if you have an easy way to figure it out.

Please don't
    I may have used it incorrectly. I was clued in by someone (not IrishDawg22, even though I tried) that KOMO 4 BUTTFUCKER meant look it up yourself. I later learned on my own that Komo 4 is one of your TV stations, then I later learned that the man in the photo is Steve Poole who is some newsguy or something for Komo 4, so I figured this pic meant look it up yourself.

True?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Chad Cota's boy?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    89ute said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Please don't
    I may have used it incorrectly. I was clued in by someone (not IrishDawg22, even though I tried) that KOMO 4 BUTTFUCKER meant look it up yourself. I later learned on my own that Komo 4 is one of your TV stations, then I later learned that the man in the photo is Steve Poole who is some newsguy or something for Komo 4, so I figured this pic meant look it up yourself.

True?
    Axxe @Dude61
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    89ute said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Please don't

True?
    I've been here since the beginning of this hive of villainy and still have no idea what Komo 4 Buttfucker means.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    It means I'm not posting a link so go look it up yourself
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Swaye said:

It means I'm not posting a link so go look it up yourself

Ok but I still have no idea what the reference to Steve Poole is
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@89ute the actual total for clemson is just guys that they signed, we did not account for attrition of those four and five star players in that case.

For pac12 teams I can easily provide you detail on every team in the conference for how many active four and five star players they recruited and currently have on roster; however, I am in the middle of nowhere right now and don't have the data sheets I use to keep track of that shit.

Thank you. I was kind of hoping one of you had something like that. The amount of brain damage involved if someone like me were to try to do this by pecking through rosters and signing classes on scout/rivals.com and trying to compile it on my yellow pad is just plain fucked up. My spreadsheet abilities are less than limited. That's what lead the the whole Steve Poole thing, I thought for sure someone was going to tell me to "look it up yourself buttfucker.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    89ute said:

@89ute the actual total for clemson is just guys that they signed, we did not account for attrition of those four and five star players in that case.

For pac12 teams I can easily provide you detail on every team in the conference for how many active four and five star players they recruited and currently have on roster; however, I am in the middle of nowhere right now and don't have the data sheets I use to keep track of that shit.

Thank you. I was kind of hoping one of you had something like that. The amount of brain damage involved if someone like me were to try to do this by pecking through rosters and signing classes on scout/rivals.com and trying to compile it on my yellow pad is just plain fucked up. My spreadsheet abilities are less than limited. That's what lead the the whole Steve Poole thing, I thought for sure someone was going to tell me to "look it up yourself buttfucker.
    If @MrsPetersen is bored perhaps this info could be found.