Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mora's buyout is $2.5 million

Comments

• koopdog said:

Also: No way in hell Mora leaves UCLA to work for the pussies at UW.

The more I look at it the more I'm in one of my rare disagreements with you

It's kinda like this. You had that love of your life. But ended up with someone else. She's hot no doubt and blows you nice. But when you JO and in order to be able to blow when she's on top you think of the other girl. Husky Stadium is that other girl to Jim Mora. His soulmate. You never get over those. I bet wearing faggoty Bruin colors are just like that to Jim. Close your eyes and imagine the other girl is the only way to keep your dick hard.

And all hyperbole aside there are some things about working for the Husky AD that are very attractive. They'll pay top $ for quality assistants, new stadium, and an administration that doesn't have the highest of expectations.

That and the HHBs will sing ballads of exploits and valor.
    As always, I want to be wrong.

When the love of your life flips you the middle finger and you find a new girl that treats you really well, why look backward?
    Cause men are usually fucktarded and make bad decisions. Hopefully Mora does the same thing.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

koopdog said:

Also: No way in hell Mora leaves UCLA to work for the pussies at UW.

The more I look at it the more I'm in one of my rare disagreements with you

It's kinda like this. You had that love of your life. But ended up with someone else. She's hot no doubt and blows you nice. But when you JO and in order to be able to blow when she's on top you think of the other girl. Husky Stadium is that other girl to Jim Mora. His soulmate. You never get over those. I bet wearing faggoty Bruin colors are just like that to Jim. Close your eyes and imagine the other girl is the only way to keep your dick hard.

And all hyperbole aside there are some things about working for the Husky AD that are very attractive. They'll pay top $ for quality assistants, new stadium, and an administration that doesn't have the highest of expectations.

That and the HHBs will sing ballads of exploits and valor.
    As always, I want to be wrong.

When the love of your life flips you the middle finger and you find a new girl that treats you really well, why look backward?
    Valid. And my opine is entirely subjective except for alot of it. My reply would be it wasn't his love that flipped him off it was Emmert. He's gone. Before you destroy me yes Pool Boy is still there but his willingness to pony up $ for the program and his no argument amazing job of getting the Stadium built shows he has some gray matter.

Yes, he's staked his rep on Sark, but if he's not the guy I think he will get smarter The wild card is President Young. He hasn't lifted his leg yet so I'm not sure what he's about yet. Maybe he sees what we see. BCS appearances and being the talk of the town again would get a corporate sponsor among other financial boosts and get those bonds paid off.

JIM is in answer to that.

I'm not a Doog as you know but I do see a course of action where Moras true love is waiting on the Seely Posturepedic with her legs spread. With pie. And he strikes me as the sentimental type.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    I don't think president young cares. The best presidents are the one's that hire good AD's and run the university.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think president young cares. The best presidents are the one's that hire good AD's and run the university.

You're probably right but you've kind of made my point for me. "Scott hire a great coach and get these fucking bonds paid off". Course he wouldn't say fucking not drink coffee when he said it. If I know anything about LDS they get the bottom line.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    UW will not go after Mora, because then Race would be right

UW wants to lose just so Race can be right and wrong at the same time.

Fuck Race. #ObamaDeathSquads
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I also believe Mora hates the UCLA colors and he dreams of black outs like from the old days.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    $2.5 M is nothing. Off the record, I am hearing there is a willingness to privately shell out $10+ M in terms of buyout.
  • UW is overdue to stumble into a right decision.

Fuck even Hedges hired a Rose Bowl winning coach.

If they put up the $$$ and Mora came here UW would flip the Oregon series shortly. We'd control the PAC-12.

Too bad Pool Boy doesn't have the balls to sack Sark and go steal Mora away.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    I hope Will Ferrell's visit to WA last week signals intention from USC to go after Sark. If Sark leaves, would this provide the opportunity for Pool Boy to stumble into the right decision and steal Mora away?
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Mora will be at UW sooner rather than later.

If they put up the $$$ and Mora came here UW would flip the Oregon series shortly. We'd control the PAC-12.

Debatable. Oregon is still a top 3 program in College Football and looks to be that way for at least a few more years.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    I don't see us just flipping the series on oregon. Lets see how mora does vs oregon at least once.

Debatable. Oregon is still a top 3 program in College Football and looks to be that way for at least a few more years.
    I said shortly. I do believe Mora would make the Oregon game a real rivalry again where it's actually competitive and we actually win for once.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

I hope Will Ferrell's visit to WA last week signals intention from USC to go after Sark. If Sark leaves, would this provide the opportunity for Pool Boy to stumble into the right decision and steal Mora away?

Good point and in fact, doesn't Sark have a buy out too? So if USC pays his buyout, then we can use that to pay Mora's buyout. Makes sense to me.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    Your_Mom said:

I hope Will Ferrell's visit to WA last week signals intention from USC to go after Sark. If Sark lpoos, would this provide the opportunity for Pool Boy to stumble into the right decision and steal Mora away?

Good point and in fact, doesn't Sark have a buy out too? So if USC pays his buyout, then we can use that to pay Mora's buyout. Makes sense to me.
    Money is not the issue. Personally, I believe the Mora ship sailed long ago. LA is his home, his family is there, he's coaching at a location where he can recruit championship caliber athletes and win big, he has more than enough money to live in and enjoy the best of Southern California, and UCLA can pay him whatever they need to to retain him. He's in a great situation. He has no real motivation to leave. I could be wrong, but I really don't see him going anywhere, except maybe one more shot at the NFL, and that seems remote.

Sark has to go, we've all known this. The money will be there for a home run hire, and unless you're blinded by hate, it's obvious that the UW job is currently one of the best in college football. The problem is, given the players in this year's coaching carousel competition, that we have corky with poop in his pants at the plate, facing Nolan Ryan in his prime. His only chance is to hire a pinch hitter to do his search and bidding, and get the fuck out of the way. If Seven repeats, he will be fired, but don't hold your breath too long waiting for corky to clear his shorts and make the right hire. He's far more likely to hire another mediocre Mike than the next Pete Carroll.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited October 2013
    I disagree with several of your points. UCLA over the years has famously lowballed its football program. There are institutional elements in place there that do not want the football program to be overly successful.

The facilities are the worst in the Pac 12. Easily. Fan support is mediocre and student attendance lackluster because the RB is off campus. UCLA will always play second fiddle to USC in L.A. Always. Even the SC coaching search gets more airtime than UCLA's undefeated start.

Boosters care more for basketball. It is not a football school.

Seattle will always be home. Remember this is the guy who said, when his NFL team was 10-4 and in the middle of a playoff push no less, that he would immediately stop what he was doing and head to UW and save the program if they asked of him.

Only a shitty AD could fuck this up. The talent, facilities, location, and fan support are all finally at or near the requisite level to win again, and win soon.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    USC is the league's premier program. Kiffin's firing and the start of their coaching search got more air time at that time than any story on any other PAC 12 program ... period.

The UW job is better than the UCLA job, but it's not necessarily a better situation for Mora. He's home now, wife and kids settled in, parents close by, So Cal lifestyle at its finest, and he's just as likely to win big at UCLA as he is at UW. You are under valuing UCLA pride. Its there, and TV revenues make monetary issues moot at just about every program in the conference. If they believe he is Terry Donahue V2.0, UCLA will pay him. It would ultimately come down to his desire to return to his alma mater, and that may not be as strong as many in here wish it to be. My advice, if you know him personally, ask him. Otherwise, dream elsewhere.