Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mora's buyout is $2.5 million

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,383 Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Also: No way in hell Mora leaves UCLA to work for the pussies at UW.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Can we pay in pie?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,383 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2013

I would actually disagree.....if he went to work for Guerrero we could get him to come here.

I guess the bigger question is when Wilcox is named HC on Dec. 2nd does he keep Nansen?
    HuskyJW said:

I would actually disagree.....if he went to work for Guerrero we could get him to come here.

I guess the bigger question is when Wilcox is named HC on Dec. 2nd does he keep Nansen?
    Guerrero is a fucktard, but he gives a damn about winning.

You can't say that about Woodward.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,383 Swaye's Wigwam
    That's true

HuskyJW said:

Guerrero is a fucktard, but he gives a damn about winning.

You can't say that about Woodward.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Is there a scenario that could get Mora to come to WA? Obviously, a lot would have to have happen, including replacing Woodward, but if the stars so aligned, would we want Mora?

I ask because I admit not knowing much about Mora, other than I was very disappointed we didn't get him to replace Ty before the 0-12. I was a student in the mid-late '80's and lost interest in the program after the betrayal of Don James by the UW. I started attending games again in 2005, and have been to the last 3 at OSU since I live in Salem. Don't plan to go this year and only went to the opener vs. BSU. 2013 will represent the fewest games I have attended in 9 years.

So the context shows I don't know much about Mora, but I heard him on the Dan Patrick show this morning and had the impression Mora has a yearning to be at WA, by the way he referred to WA each time. It seems he brought WA into the conversation when it wasn't elicited by Patrick. I could completely off base, but is there any possibility, even slight, he could become the next WA head coach?

I liked what I heard, especially about building toughness into a program. Sounds like a winner.

I'm not sure what I want, besides Sark being gone.

Is there a scenario that could get Mora to come to WA? Obviously, a lot would have to have happen, including replacing Woodward, but if the stars so aligned, would we want Mora?

I ask because I admit not knowing much about Mora, other than I was very disappointed we didn't get him to replace Ty before the 0-12. I was a student in the mid-late '80's and lost interest in the program after the betrayal of Don James by the UW. I started attending games again in 2005, and have been to the last 3 at OSU since I live in Salem. Don't plan to go this year and only went to the opener vs. BSU. 2013 will represent the fewest games I have attended in 9 years.

So the context shows I don't know much about Mora, but I heard him on the Dan Patrick show this morning and had the impression Mora has a yearning to be at WA, by the way he referred to WA each time. It seems he brought WA into the conversation when it wasn't elicited by Patrick. I could completely off base, but is there any possibility, even slight, he could become the next WA head coach?

I liked what I heard, especially about building toughness into a program. Sounds like a winner.

I asked for Mora in the summer of 2002 on Dawgman (RIP) before Gilby was given a "long-term" deal.

Fuck.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    shine the mora batsignal

he'll come home
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    $2.5M would be easy to raise privately in the Tyee community.
    Money isn't (or at least shouldn't) be the issue here.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    It's a CONTARCT!!!1!1!
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2013

I asked for Mora in the summer of 2002 on Dawgman (RIP) before Gilby was given a "long-term" deal.

Fuck.
    This does not surprise me. I heard Huskydamas uses you as a source.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    mora lacks comportment
  • koopdog said:

The more I look at it the more I'm in one of my rare disagreements with you

It's kinda like this. You had that love of your life. But ended up with someone else. She's hot no doubt and blows you nice. But when you JO and in order to be able to blow when she's on top you think of the other girl. Husky Stadium is that other girl to Jim Mora. His soulmate. You never get over those. I bet wearing faggoty Bruin colors are just like that to Jim. Close your eyes and imagine the other girl is the only way to keep your dick hard.

And all hyperbole aside there are some things about working for the Husky AD that are very attractive. They'll pay top $ for quality assistants, new stadium, and an administration that doesn't have the highest of expectations.

That and the HHBs will sing ballads of exploits and valor.

Playing for your home school in front of your friends and family has some appeal. Plus you can turn UW into a powerhouse very shortly. We finally have the facilities, a great new stadium, good location and despite being a Pool Boy he gives his head coaches every last possible chance to succeed.

You have an A.D. who will buy you the best available assistants and won't put any pressure on you like most A.D.'s would who are spending that type of money.

The thing is if you want Mora you better be willing to make him the highest paid coach in the conference and one of the highest paid coaches in the nation.

UCLA is a great job and to basically make a lateral move(currently speaking it's a downgrade) you have to approach this like Hedges did to steal Rick from Colorado which at the time was a big time program.

I don't think upper campus is going to sign off on UW ever making a head coach the top 5 highest paid coach in the country ever again. That's why we won't get Mora. It comes down to $$$ just like everything in life. If they offered him 4 or 5 million a year he'd say fuck off UCLA I'm taking my talents up north.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    koopdog said:

It's kinda like this. You had that love of your life. But ended up with someone else. She's hot no doubt and blows you nice. But when you JO and in order to be able to blow when she's on top you think of the other girl. Husky Stadium is that other girl to Jim Mora. His soulmate. You never get over those. I bet wearing faggoty Bruin colors are just like that to Jim. Close your eyes and imagine the other girl is the only way to keep your dick hard.

And all hyperbole aside there are some things about working for the Husky AD that are very attractive. They'll pay top $ for quality assistants, new stadium, and an administration that doesn't have the highest of expectations.

brb, jo
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

koopdog said:

Playing for your home school in front of your friends and family has some appeal. Plus you can turn UW into a powerhouse very shortly. We finally have the facilities, a great new stadium, good location and despite being a Pool Boy he gives his head coaches every last possible chance to succeed.

You have an A.D. who will buy you the best available assistants and won't put any pressure on you like most A.D.'s would who are spending that type of money.

The thing is if you want Mora you better be willing to make him the highest paid coach in the conference and one of the highest paid coaches in the nation.

UCLA is a great job and to basically make a lateral move(currently speaking it's a downgrade) you have to approach this like Hedges did to steal Rick from Colorado which at the time was a big time program.

I don't think upper campus is going to sign off on UW ever making a head coach the top 5 highest paid coach in the country ever again. That's why we won't get Mora. It comes down to $$$ just like everything in life. If they offered him 4 or 5 million a year he'd say fuck off UCLA I'm taking my talents up north.
    Some good stuff. However, I might be ghey as hell but I don't think an NFL coach who has made his millions etc would be as hooked up on the bottom line.

I'm sure Mora could retire right now if he wanted to. He doesn't seem the hooker and blow type but if he is NWWT. Pay him a tad more; pay his assistants. The resources are in place. His best friend works for KJR. Boom!

Yes I'm a fucktard. But it's feasible.

• koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Some good stuff. However, I might be ghey as hell but I don't think an NFL coach who has made his millions etc would be as hooked up on the bottom line.

I'm sure Mora could retire right now if he wanted to. He doesn't seem the hooker and blow type but if he is NWWT. Pay him a tad more; pay his assistants. The resources are in place. His best friend works for KJR. Boom!

Yes I'm a fucktard. But it's feasible.

I don't think money is the be all end all for him. I don't see him leaving UCLA for another college job besides UW. That would be the main reason he comes up here for the reasons we both said.

However, he did turn UW down in 2008 because they low balled him. If you low ball him he won't come up here. He's basically been disrespected twice by this school.

So you kind of need to raise the ante to show that you want him as the coach now. By doing so make a statement make him the highest paid coach in the conference. That will tell Mora and the rest of the conference we are finally SERIOUS about football.

I think Mora as a head coach and with Wilcox as DC can make this a scary defense. This would be a very physical tough minded team that win or lose is going to make the opponent hurting after they play. Much like the Seahawks are now.
    koopdog said:

As always, I want to be wrong.

When the love of your life flips you the middle finger and you find a new girl that treats you really well, why look backward?