Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bush Hamdan is new Atlanta Falcons' QB Coach

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    "He will be missed."

Hopefully and quite possibly not, and definitely not for certain. WR is not a rocket science coaching position. Hamdan was good and a huge improvement over Pease. But LIPO. If Pete could get Hamdan, I'm confident he can find a suitable replacement.

As UW ascends, we're going to see good coaches go elsewhere every year. We need to get used to this and not shit our britches every time this happens.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

"He will be missed."

Hopefully and quite possibly not, and definitely not for certain. WR is not a rocket science coaching position. Hamdan was good and a huge improvement over Pease. But LIPO. If Pete could get Hamdan, I'm confident he can find a suitable replacement.

As UW ascends, we're going to see good coaches go elsewhere every year. We need to get used to this and not shit our britches every time this happens.

The odds are strongly in favor of a dropoff. Petersen "got" Pease, too. Chances are the next hire will be somewhere in between.
    BHAM! (why did I just realize this now that he's gone) has always been one of my favorite, classy, terrorists.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

"He will be missed."

Dude that is fucking doog bullshit. Chris is not immune from making fucking mistakes. Pease was peterman mistake so is fucking babushka.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited February 2017

Pretty crazy. Wish Petersen would have fired Smith and made Bush OC once he heard the news.

On a side note, are any doogs going to cry about Hamadan taking Jones, Bynum, Cook, and Osborne for a ride like you guys do about other schools' assistant leaving after NSD?

I would be fucking furious if I was Ty Jones.
    I'm hearing Sark was a factor.

I'm also hearing a transfer is in order. Look for him to be making grabs on the Inferno in Cheney before his transfer to SC
    dnc said:

BHAM! (why did I just realize this now that he's gone) has always been one of my favorite, classy, terrorists.
    He built the vests the right way. Made sure the wearer didn't suffer.

"He will be missed."

Dude that is fucking doog bullshit. Chris is not immune from making fucking mistakes. Pease was peterman mistake so is fucking babushka.
    Who the fuck said he was immune from making mistakes? I hate babushka a hundred times more than you and probably more than anyone else on these boreds. And I hate Peterson's tolerance of him. Period. But the same guy who tolerates Smiffy also hired your hero and bff Hamdan, so he's shown he can make great hires, too.

This iron-clad conclusion that there is no way but backwards and that we are 100% certain to see a drop-off at WR because of Hamdan's promotion to the NFL is absurd, baseless, and counter-dooging 101. As if Peterson is incapable of appreciating the improvement at WR with Hamdan and is conducting a blind, mindless search for a replacement, completely in the dark, utilizing nothing he's learned over the past 3 years as HC. Right. Sure. Place your bets on that. Christ.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    It's a weird move. I wonder how much more of a pay raise he will be getting. What is he going to possibly teach Matt Ryan who won MVP last year and is older than him?
    dnc said:

"He will be missed."

The odds are strongly in favor of a dropoff. Petersen "got" Pease, too. Chances are the next hire will be somewhere in between.
    Of course that's the worry, but there's no evidence to suggest that outcome versus any other. Pete saw Pease was a fuckup and replaced him with a good coach in Hamdan, so his track record is trending positive.

If we're going to speculate in an effort to prepare ourselves for the worst, emotionally, because we're still so used to low expectations in our program and the ulcers that go along with them, which explains much of what's going on here, the better bet is not right smack in the middle between Pease and Hamdan, but something a lot closer to Hamdan, who "raised the bar" at WR.

Although I'll concede defeat on the point right this second if he hires Sling-blade.

It's a weird move. I wonder how much more of a pay raise he will be getting. What is he going to possibly teach Matt Ryan who won MVP last year and is older than him?

How to Audible to a running play????

dnc said:

"He will be missed."

Of course that's the worry, but there's no evidence to suggest that outcome versus any other. Pete saw Pease was a fuckup and replaced him with a good coach in Hamdan, so his track record is trending positive.

If we're going to speculate in an effort to prepare ourselves for the worst, emotionally, because we're still so used to low expectations in our program and the ulcers that go along with them, which explains much of what's going on here, the better bet is not right smack in the middle between Pease and Hamdan, but something a lot closer to Hamdan, who "raised the bar" at WR.

Although I'll concede defeat on the point right this second if he hires Sling-blade.
    Stop. No one's "preparing for the worst". Preparing for the worst is "we're gonna get Pease again". Basically everyone thinks the new hire will be better than Pease. Common sense says the hire is unlikely to be as productive as Bush was last year. That sucks. It's not the end of the world and doesn't mean we? can't still kick ass next season.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Gladstone said:

My only hard complaint about losing Hamdan is that we still have Smith. From that standpoint it's bullshit. Also, Pete isn't immune from making shitty hires, so it's not like we are guaranteed to upgrade or even have the same caliber of WR coach as Hamdan.

Hopefully he makes a good hire, and not Pease 2.0.

The WR's were much improved. The real area he will be missed is recruiting.

Was Hamdan really that good? Or was Pease just really that bad? Pettis is a fucking freak in the air and great at returning punts. I'm not sure either can be coached. And Ross was fucking Ross and as we witnessed, speed kills. We had a lot of short, under-thrown balls by our QB that required improvisation and adjustments that struck me as outside the routes in the playbook this year. So, while Hamdan appeared to be much improved over Pease, how do we know how much was him versus his players? Given only 1 year, I'm not convinced Hamdan was the major factor in the improved WR play, so I'm optimistic.
    WHAT

the difference between pease and hamdan on all fronts was fucking breathtaking

am i being whooshed
    Sort of. I agree the WR play was much better this year and the gap between Hamdan and Pease looked huge, but if Pease was terrible - as I think he was - then an average or decent coach looks great in comparison. Plus factoring in the unique and substantial talents of Ross and Pettis raises the question: How much of that was solely the effect of coaching? Reminder: Ross didn't play last year.
    Ross wasn't that good prior to this year. Talented yes, but not super productive. Small sample size like you said but pettis wasn't that great prior also.
    Ross would also tell you that the year away made him study the game in a way that he never had before

In other words, prior he was all about his speed with no real idea for incorporating the nuances ... after he learned the nuances and incorporated
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

My only hard complaint about losing Hamdan is that we still have Smith. From that standpoint it's bullshit. Also, Pete isn't immune from making shitty hires, so it's not like we are guaranteed to upgrade or even have the same caliber of WR coach as Hamdan.

Was Hamdan really that good? Or was Pease just really that bad? Pettis is a fucking freak in the air and great at returning punts. I'm not sure either can be coached. And Ross was fucking Ross and as we witnessed, speed kills. We had a lot of short, under-thrown balls by our QB that required improvisation and adjustments that struck me as outside the routes in the playbook this year. So, while Hamdan appeared to be much improved over Pease, how do we know how much was him versus his players? Given only 1 year, I'm not convinced Hamdan was the major factor in the improved WR play, so I'm optimistic.
    WHAT

am i being whooshed
    Sort of. I agree the WR play was much better this year and the gap between Hamdan and Pease looked huge, but if Pease was terrible - as I think he was - then an average or decent coach looks great in comparison. Plus factoring in the unique and substantial talents of Ross and Pettis raises the question: How much of that was solely the effect of coaching? Reminder: Ross didn't play last year.
    Ross wasn't that good prior to this year. Talented yes, but not super productive. Small sample size like you said but pettis wasn't that great prior also.
    Ross would also tell you that the year away made him study the game in a way that he never had before

In other words, prior he was all about his speed with no real idea for incorporating the nuances ... after he learned the nuances and incorporated
    So you're saying he was working harder than ever?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

WHAT

am i being whooshed

So you're saying he was working harder than ever?
    Smarter not harder