Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bush Hamdan is new Atlanta Falcons' QB Coach

Comments

• RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    edited February 2017

My only hard complaint about losing Hamdan is that we still have Smith. From that standpoint it's bullshit. Also, Pete isn't immune from making shitty hires, so it's not like we are guaranteed to upgrade or even have the same caliber of WR coach as Hamdan.

Hopefully he makes a good hire, and not Pease 2.0.

He did cut bait from Prince at Boise when he came over so maybe there is a little hope to lose Smith but won't be soon enough.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Pepsi nobody is immune from making a bad hire
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The WR's were much improved. The real area he will be missed is recruiting.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I know that. I am saying that more because I've seen some doogs on twitter saying people need to stop freaking out because Pete will hire someone better than Hamdan. It's like these fuckers forgot who his initial hire for WR coach at UW was.

Honestly, we'll be fine. It just sucks we only got to exploit his recruiting for 1 season.
    Doogs on twitter are just marginally smarter than 12 meatheads and CougFan.com subscribers
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I know that. I am saying that more because I've seen some doogs on twitter saying people need to stop freaking out because Pete will hire someone better than Hamdan. It's like these fuckers forgot who his initial hire for WR coach at UW was.

Honestly, we'll be fine. It just sucks we only got to exploit his recruiting for 1 season.
    Doogs on twitter are just marginally smarter than 12 meatheads and CougFan.com subscribers
    Agree.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't want Busch Hamden anymore. Good recruiter. Coaches receivers to be soft as fuck against good defenses.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Time to get the popcorn ready to see who the replacement is

CHIP KELLY COME ON DOWN Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi come on down!
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    92-12 Pete knows what the fuck he is doing. Seattle Washington is a much better landing spot then Boise. He will recruit another good coach
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    edited February 2017

I give you the next WR Coach at UW, Kim will be ecstatic...

Was expecting Nuss.

That was better.
    #Pac12WarriorPoet
  • DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    So who are the candidates to fill in Bush's position?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

So who are the candidates to fill in Bush's position?

@PeterNorthDawg
    Dickens Cider
    Fitzer Good

etc
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

My only hard complaint about losing Hamdan is that we still have Smith. From that standpoint it's bullshit. Also, Pete isn't immune from making shitty hires, so it's not like we are guaranteed to upgrade or even have the same caliber of WR coach as Hamdan.

Was Hamdan really that good? Or was Pease just really that bad? Pettis is a fucking freak in the air and great at returning punts. I'm not sure either can be coached. And Ross was fucking Ross and as we witnessed, speed kills. We had a lot of short, under-thrown balls by our QB that required improvisation and adjustments that struck me as outside the routes in the playbook this year. So, while Hamdan appeared to be much improved over Pease, how do we know how much was him versus his players? Given only 1 year, I'm not convinced Hamdan was the major factor in the improved WR play, so I'm optimistic.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Was Hamdan really that good? Or was Pease just really that bad? Pettis is a fucking freak in the air and great at returning punts. I'm not sure either can be coached. And Ross was fucking Ross and as we witnessed, speed kills. We had a lot of short, under-thrown balls by our QB that required improvisation and adjustments that struck me as outside the routes in the playbook this year. So, while Hamdan appeared to be much improved over Pease, how do we know how much was him versus his players? Given only 1 year, I'm not convinced Hamdan was the major factor in the improved WR play, so I'm optimistic.
    WHAT

the difference between pease and hamdan on all fronts was fucking breathtaking

am i being whooshed
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    edited February 2017
    Gladstone said:

WHAT

am i being whooshed
    Sort of. I agree the WR play was much better this year and the gap between Hamdan and Pease looked huge, but if Pease was terrible - as I think he was - then an average or decent coach looks great in comparison. Plus factoring in the unique and substantial talents of Ross and Pettis raises the question: How much of that was solely the effect of coaching? Reminder: Ross didn't play last year.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

WHAT

am i being whooshed
    Sort of. I agree the WR play was much better this year and the gap between Hamdan and Pease looked huge, but if Pease was terrible - as I think he was - then an average or decent coach looks great in comparison. Plus factoring in the unique and substantial talents of Ross and Pettis raises the question: How much of that was solely the effect of coaching? Reminder: Ross didn't play last year.
    Ross wasn't that good prior to this year. Talented yes, but not super productive. Small sample size like you said but pettis wasn't that great prior also.