Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sandmeyer looks big picture

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Kasen's still very capable of being a late round NFL pick which is what I always thought he was. Hype on him was a little overrated. He was never going to be Julio Jones or AJ Green.

I wish we would throw to him a little more as he has the best hands on the team. Kevin Smith and Mickens are bout 50/50 with their hands.

Kasen will play on Sunday's, I'm hoping my post isn't ragging on Kasen. I just think if you re-did the rankings he'd be a 4 star not the #2 WR in the nation good.
    I agree, but part of that is coaching and play calling. Kasen can make plays and needs to get the ball more than 3 or 4 times per game. He maybe should not have been the #2, but we aren't using him properly. I actually think he might be one of the rare guys that does better in the NFL.

Reggie Williams wasn't fast either but he was great at leaping at the ball in traffic so UW under Rick would dial up some bombs to him where he just out jumps his defender.

Reggie was good on the slants which for whatever reason they never run for Kasen. Kasen is built for slants. Has good hands, big strong and can break tackles. Instead they always stupid fades to him which isn't his game.
    Was wondering the same thing with Kasen. Where the fuck are the slants? I would also like to see him line up inside sometimes, but I realize being a no huddle team makes that harder. All of the throws to him and back shoulder fades with a hitch thrown in once in a while.

When I last spoke with Coach James early in the season he questioned why they weren't throwing to Kasen more.
    I don't get it. It's fine to spread the ball around, and I like that the defense has to account for everyone, but he is too talented to be getting so few balls thrown to him. We all see what kind of ability he has. Other than top end speed, he has it all.

I largely agree, but achieving separation is also a weakness for him too. But I like the idea of lobbing it up and letting him go get it.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070
    dnc said:

Kasen's still very capable of being a late round NFL pick which is what I always thought he was. Hype on him was a little overrated. He was never going to be Julio Jones or AJ Green.

I wish we would throw to him a little more as he has the best hands on the team. Kevin Smith and Mickens are bout 50/50 with their hands.

Kasen will play on Sunday's, I'm hoping my post isn't ragging on Kasen. I just think if you re-did the rankings he'd be a 4 star not the #2 WR in the nation good.
    I agree, but part of that is coaching and play calling. Kasen can make plays and needs to get the ball more than 3 or 4 times per game. He maybe should not have been the #2, but we aren't using him properly. I actually think he might be one of the rare guys that does better in the NFL.

Reggie Williams wasn't fast either
    but he was great at leaping at the ball in traffic so UW under Rick would dial up some bombs to him where he just out jumps his defender.

Reggie was good on the slants which for whatever reason they never run for Kasen. Kasen is built for slants. Has good hands, big strong and can break tackles. Instead they always stupid fades to him which isn't his game.
    Didn't Reggie win the state 100m championship? He was plenty fast.

Kasen was both overrated and underutilized. Abundance.
    Yes RW was around 10.6 10.7 in the 100 meters. Not world class but very fast in football terms.

Kasen has decent mid-range speed but lacks burst and quickness. Saw him live at the T dome against Bothell and 5'8" white corners (I like to use height and race as code for limited athletic ability) had no problem staying with him on routes. Problem though was that it didn't matter. As Harold Carmichael and michael Irvin established, when you're bigger and stronger than the guy covering you, and have good hands, being faster is a detail.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    edited October 2013
    Kasen is a very good blocking WR which is all Reggie could do in the NFL. At the college level, he is being under utilized. His size and strength give him an advantage over most college DB's. I'm with James, not sure why they aren't trying to get the ball to him more often. Seems Sarktarded.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Kasen's biggest problem is that he isn't a freshman anymore and we all know Sark seems to introduce freshmen who surprise early and then go on to anonymity or retirement or transferring altogether. Sark's program is like a football version of Children of the Corn.